February 18th, 2014
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Rihanna S&M

Rihanna‘s being sued once again over her 2010 music video for “S&M,” this time by photographer Philipp Paulus. Paulus says the scene of Rihanna pressed up against the wall under a sheet of plastic taped down with two huge “X” marks is almost identical to a fashion shoot he did a few years back called “Paperworld.” The case will go to court April 15th, and if Paulus wins, “S&M” will be banned from YouTube and television. (Page Six)

Sam Edelman Apparel

• Sam Edelman‘s a force to be reckoned with in the shoe department, but now, the label is branching out to provide clothes to match their trendy footwear. Aimed at the 23-to-30-year-old member of the creative class, this new contemporary line, according to Edelman’s president of sportswear Leslie Singer, is supposed to keep the wearer covered all day: “We want to outfit her from day to night. She can change her shoes and bag and go out in the evening. Versatility is key” . Wholesale prices start at $30 and peak at $170. The line will launch this fall. (WWD)

marty mc fly nike sneakers

• Lazy dressers, rejoice! Nike is developing a pair of sneakers with shoelaces that tie themselves–and it could be released as soon as 2015. Inspired by Marty McFly‘s power laces from Back to The Future 2, Nike vice president Tinker Hatfield says they are currently working on the technology for the shoes. “Are we gonna see power laces in 2015? To that, I say YES!” he told solecollector.com. (Telegraph)

Rihanna Vogue March 2014

Rihanna dishes on the secrets of her underwear game to Plum Sykes in this month’s Vogue issue. “If I’m wearing a top, I don’t wear a bra,” she said. “If I’m wearing a bra, I just wear a bra.”  (Vogue)

michelle rodriguez cara delevingne

Cara Delevingne‘s got a new boo–and she’s named Michelle Rodriguez. The two were spied drunkenly making out at a Knicks game a couple months back, and have apparently been spending a lot of time together since. Rodriguez allegedly told The Mirror they’ve been dating for over a month. “It’s going really well. She’s so cool. When we started hanging out I just thought she was awesome, and we have the best time together. She’s hard though. You wouldn’t want to mess with her in a fight.” Apparently, Michelle’s been invited to Cara’s sister Poppy‘s pad out in L.A., so it maybe it’s true love? (Mirror)

~Jihan

16 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Rihanna’s Getting Sued Again for ‘S&M’ Video, Nike is Working on Self-Tying Shoelaces, and Michelle Rodriguez and Cara Delevingne are Allegedly Dating”

1. ANONYMOUS says:

I thought this was a fashion blog, WHY are you reporting on lesbian relationships? What does that have to do with FASHION. Here I’ll answer that for you Absolutely nothing. If I want to hear about homosexual relationships I’ll search for that content. Stop with this garbage, it’s enough that we are bombarded with all the gays rights stuff as it is, why do I need to read about it here? What’s the relevance. Are you trying to loose viewers?

2. ANONYMOUS says:

I thought this was a fashion blog, WHY are you reporting on lesbian relationships? What does that have to do with FASHION. Here I’ll answer that for you Absolutely nothing. If I want to hear about homosexual relationships I’ll search for that content. Stop with this nonsense.

3. Jihan says:

@Anonymous

Cara Delevingne is a FASHION model, so there’s your answer.

4. tricia says:

@jihan I agree with the previous comments, so what if she’s a model, that’s her private life. Reporting she’s gay have to do about clothes, that’s gossip the clothes are not gay so is not revelant. I notice lately this blog been getting extra messy, lots of tabloid gossip and reality tv people. More high fashion or fashion period is what the audience would like more of. Can’t no longer tell the difference between this and those other gossip sites. Cant compare it to another fashion site becuse those don’t usually include gossip and reality people the are coveted with actual fashion and designers.

“If I’m wearing a top, I don’t wear a bra,” “If I’m wearing a bra, I just wear a bra.”
    ^^^ Hahaha omg I love Rih. She keeps it real.

I don’t really care about who Cara dates, but it’s so funny whenever anyone freaks out that homosexuality is being mentioned on this site, a FASHION blog.
    Homophobes into fashion, LOL I can’t.

I can’t believe how mad the straights are about gay stuff now, granted I think it’s a publicity stunt but lgbt and fashion has become synonymous how can you be mad ?

All rihanna does when not on tour or social media thug,it seems, is get sued, quite honestly

8. Jihan says:

@Tricia. Where was this outrage when we reported that Heidi Klum and Seal were breaking up? Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom?

the bottom line is, there’s lots of gossipy, tabloid stuff in fashion as is. Rumors that Donna Karan is leaving her label–that’s gossip. We try to write about things that we think are interesting, relevant, and cool.

Plenty of fashion websites add these “tabloidy” bits to their content. For reference, here is an abridged list of fashion sites that have covered Cara and Michelle today:

Fashionista: http://fashionista.com/2014/02/karlie-kloss-shows-off-her-apartment-harpers-bazaar-auctions-lady-gagas-looks-cara-delevingne-and-michelle-rodriguez-are-official/

ELLE: http://www.elle.com/news/culture/michelle-rodriguez-and-cara-delevingne?click=hprc

Racked: http://racked.com/archives/2014/02/18/cara-delevingne-and-michelle-rodriguez-dating.php

Glamour: http://www.glamourparis.com/snacking-du-web/articles/cara-delevingne-et-michelle-rodgriguez-sont-officiellement-en-couple-18022014/22215

Refinery 29: http://www.refinery29.com/2014/02/62799/cara-delevingne-michelle-rodriguez-dating?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=post

and so many more.

thanks for reading, and many blessings.

9. ANONYMOUS says:

Jihan, why not try setting yourselves apart from the rest. Don’t be basic and follow the pack, be innovative and do something different. I could careless about someones orientation I’m here for the clothes, not the models sex life.

Try again… I’m not homophobic, I could careless, its just irrelevant.
    The same for Heidi, Seal and everyone else… stick to fashion.

10. southern says:

of all the non fashion things that get posted (kim k), it’s only outrageous when it’s homosexuality…

11. JAO says:

@Southern cosign.

@Jihan don’t waste your time responding to @anonymous homophobic rants.

12. yonaton says:

Thanks for the post @jihan!!! i love it. just enough of a guilty pleasure is good for me. keep it up! there’s a reason why anonymous clicked this post. it’s because they care.

love the site! everyday, more and more of my friends are checking it!

13. Hold Up says:

Honestly I just think people are tired of hearing about LGBT stuff. Like no one cares if you’re gay anymore it’s like OK great now take that over there.

14. bhud says:

@jihan… no need to be bothered by these folk

people talking about “set yourself apart” obviously don’t frequent this site. Clearly they don’t know that there are several different types of posts and the News Breakdown is but a fraction of them…

Clearly they don’t know who any of the people in the post are cause CD is one of the top supermodels in the world…

The post doesn’t say Cara Delvegine’s Gay it says she’s got a new boo. If it were a dude there would’ve been no comments on this post.

I’d love to visit all these detractors’ blogs…

15. Madpet says:

I’m going to have to agree with a few of the comments above. Some days I’m thinking to myself, “What the hell does this have to do with fashion?” This is a fashion site and it would be great if you guys stuck to fashion and saved the gossip and rumors for those trashy sites. But hey, it’s your site, do what you want.

16. NYC chick says:

The Michelle- Cara post is a perfectly legitimate story for a fashion blog (particularly given that one is a model) and is only being singled out for protest bc features a relationship that happens to be lesbian