February 16th, 2014
Couture, Featured, On the Scene, Victoria Beckham
On the Scene: The 2014 BAFTAs
By Faith

Awards season also applies to shows across the pond! The 2014 BAFTAs just wrapped up in London with some of our favorite actresses, actors, and TV personalities from around the globe in attendance.

Let’s get into the evening’s looks!

lupita-nyongo-2014-baftas-christian-dior-couture-gown

Lupita Nyong’o had the girls green with envy in a Christian Dior Fall 2013 Couture gown. Continue to storm Lupita!

Naomie Harris at the Bafta awards at the Royal Opera House in London

Naomie Harris was the lady in red in a Gucci gown, Christian Louboutin pumps, and a Rauwolf clutch. Fabulous no?

tinie-tempah-laura-mvula-2014-baftas

Tinie Tempah and Laura Mvula presented at the awards show. Two gorgeous people!

michelle-rodriguez-2014-baftas

Michelle Rodriguez is known for her edgy personality and her choice for the night reflected that when she wore a leather panel gown with a plunging neckline.

Chiwetel Ejiofor and Sari Mercer arrive for the EE British Academy Film Awards 2014 (BAFTA) at The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden in London

There was no denying that Best Actor winner Chiwetel Ejiofor and his girlfiend Sari Mercer looked great.

cate-blanchett-2014-baftas-alexander-mcqueen-gown

Best Actress winner Cate Blanchett owned the red carpet in a silver floral print Alexander McQueen gown and stunning Chopard jewels. Does she ever have an off day?

angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-2014-baftas

Best looking couple of the night goes to Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. Angelina’s Saint Laurent ‘fit was the epitome of simple and chic.

amy-adams-2014-baftas-victoria-beckham-gown

Amy Adams stuck to all-black in Victoria Beckham. I liked this!

olga-kurylenko-2014-baftas-burberry-gown

Olga Kurylenko shimmered and sparkled in a cutout Burberry number with bow detailing and a bronze and copper scale skirt.

Lea Seydoux arrives for the EE British Academy Film Awards 2014 (BAFTA) at The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden in London

Lea Seydoux wore a sapphire embellished gown with a sheer overlay skirt from Prada. If this isn’t red carpet perfection, then I’m not sure what is!

Fearne Cotton arrives for the EE British Academy Film Awards 2014 (BAFTA) at The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden in London

E! red carpet host for the night Fearne Cotton was gilded in a Scaasi gown from the 80′s. Awards season is the perfect time of year to go for high-drama, so I was totally here for this ensemble.

maggie-gyllenhaal-2014-baftas-lanvin-gown

It was all about adornment for Maggie Gyllenhaal in a Lanvin gown that blended lace, with pearl embellishment, gemstones, and jewels. This was a bit much for me which is rare since I so love Lanvin.

Which ensemble caught your eye at tonight’s BAFTAs?

Images: Getty, Pacific Coast News

11 Responses to “On the Scene: The 2014 BAFTAs”

1. Claudia says:

Lupita is a very beautiful woman! I also liked Cate Blanchett and Lea Seydoux caught my eye.

2. k says:

GO Lupita! She definitely made a splash. Brad and Angie brought the sexy back!

3. Cici says:

Lupita looks stunning! Amy Adams and Naomie come in close second! Loving the simple glam! Love, love, love!!!!

4. Aya says:

Lupita stunning and my sexy Michelle!

5. Yonaton says:

Here for Naomi. That is all. Lol. Nah but everyone looks great!

Fearne cotton is doing it for me! And Lupita, of course!

7. Hater says:

Lupita, Lupita, Lupita! Brangelina, Naomie, Michelle!

8. Kat Morency says:

Queen Lu: Color and fit is perfection, once again she overshadowed everyone

Naomie: Love her and she’s gorgeous, I like the dress and especially the shoes, but somehow the total package is not working for me. Comes across a little mumsy somehow…

Tinie Tempah: Adorable and one of few dudes out here with a real sense of style

Michelle R: I…just…

Cate B: Slays as per usual, fit on the dress is perfection and that can be difficult to do with satin

Angie and Brad: Normally I LOATHE coordinating couples, but they look so cute and Angie’s look is standout on its own

Amy: Love the dress and dark lip; unsure of that dated side bun situation

Olga: Love the simple black cutout top of the dress, hate the bronze fish-scale tackiness that’s going on with the skirt. Vegas much?

Lea: Face beat; dress looks like it belongs on an ice rink in Sochi

Maggie: I love Lanvin, and though the dress is a tad over-embellished, it’s still beautiful-although not on her. I just hate her haircut, makeup, everything.

9. Tar Heel says:

I visited this post several times because the first few visits I couldn’t scroll beyond Lupita. She is that captivating in that gown. Simply stunning.

Now that I’ve finally seen the post in its entirety, everyone looked nice.

*Heads back up to get another glance at Ms. Lupita.

@Tar Heel, haha.. I’m heading back up there too..

11. Honeybrown says:

Lupita better continue to slay! She looks amazing! Naomi looks Stunning as well. I also loved Lea’s look as well.