February 12th, 2014
Celebrity Style, Fashion News, Featured
By Faith

President and First Lady Obama greeted French President Francois Hollande at the White House tonight for a State Dinner. For the occasion, our radiant FLOTUS chose a gown from Carolina Herrera:

first-lady-michelle-obama-state-dinner-carolina-herrera-gown-sutra-earrings-1

The design was quite intricate, featuring a black hand-sewn beaded and embroidered appliqué scallop-edged top over a blue silk faille corset with a wide black velvet belt detail. The piece was finished with a blue silk faille long skirt with inverted pleat detailing and a train. Wowzer!

first-lady-michelle-obama-state-dinner-carolina-herrera-gown-sutra-earrings

First Lady Michelle Obama finished her look with Sutra earrings.

Barack Obama, Francois Hollande, Michelle Obama

This is glamour people. Such a flattering hue for an already gorgeous woman.

What do you think?

first-lady-michelle-obama-state-dinner-carolina-herrera-gown-sutra-earrings-1

12 Responses to “Fashion News: First Lady Michelle Obama Chooses a Carolina Herrera Gown and Sutra Earrings For the White House State Dinner”

1. DarkEmpress says:

I like the top. I like the colour combo. but over all the bottom is too much skirt.

2. itsjustme says:

get em, flotus.

3. Peaches says:

The gown is beautiful, the colors are right, she looks gorgeous!

Me likey!

Gorge. Classic Herrera

6. candace says:

I heart Michelle big time…I really do. I apreciate her for giving as much style as she can within the realm of bing the FLOTUS….. But is something going on with her hair or am I imagining that…idk. I’m going to hope I’m imaging that.

7. Tee says:

Flawless!

8. jeda says:

Candace, my thoughts exactly. She looks fab, but something looks off in the hair department.
    Blessings

9. k says:

Something looks off with her hair in these pics but I didn’t detect that watching it on t.v. Anyhoo, I love the deviation in dress style from the previous state dinners. She looks radiant.

10. thephillydiva says:

I love this dress. The drama of the skirt matches the occasion perfectly. In fact, she should have worn a brighter or bolder blue color. Even red..

Her hair was probably teased up, which was not needed. She already has voluminous hair. The same thing happens when an amateur hairdresser tries to do too much to my hair!

I am speechless! Flawless!

12. TEXASGRL says:

My Lord!! FLOTUS (Michelle) you look beautiful!!! I am so PROUD of you!!! Amazing!!!!!