February 7th, 2014
Fashion, Fashion News, Hair, Nicki Minaj
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

calvin klein fall 2013 final walk

• It’s day 2 of Fashion Week, y’all! Are you still burning with excitement? Yes? Then take a look at what’s on today’s action-packed show menu:

10 a.m. Peter Som: Milk Studios, 450 West 15th Street

12 p.m. Tanya Taylor: Industria Studios, 775 Washington Street

1 p.m. Jason Wu: 82 Mercer Street

3 p.m. Cushnie et Ochs: Milk Studios, 450 West 15th Street

4 p.m. Nonoo: TBD

5 p.m. Rag and Bone: Skylight at Moynihan Station, West 33rd Street

6 p.m. Nicole Miller: The Salon, Lincoln Center

7 p.m. Helmut Lang: 545 West 22nd Street

8 p.m. Suno: 548 West 22nd Street

(NYT)

Nicki-Minaj-natural-hair-on-Instagram

• Nicki Minaj will have you know she is more than kooky outfits and outlandish wigs. To prove her point, the rapstress shared a few images of her werqing her natural hair on the set of a photo shoot.

Nicki-Minaj-natural-hair-2

She simply captioned the above photo, “No perm. No extensions.” I liiive for her make-under. Your thoughts? (Nicki Minaj Instagram)

Fashion-Bomb-Daily-rita-ora-rimmel

• Rita Ora is out here winning! Aside from her upcoming collaboration with Adidas Originals and a Material Girl campaign, she also managed to snag her own collection with British beauty brand, Rimmel London. Rita took to Instagram to give a sneak peek of the forthcoming ads (serving serious face!). The collaboration is said to include a set of lipsticks and nail polishes, available later this month. Are you excited?  (MTV Style)

Joseph-Altuzarra

•It looks like Joseph Altuzarra will soon be designing handbags! While it remains uncertain when these goods will hit the market, he told the Wall Street Journal that he’s determined to keep the tastes of his customers in mind.  He envisions the Altuzarra woman as, “the lead character in their own romantic comedy … They still want to be sexual and they still want to be beautiful.”  She sounds pretty fab! Will you be keeping an eye out for the handbags? (The Cut)
david yurman cable anniversary renaissance bracelet fashion bomb daily
David Yurman is celebrating the 30th anniversary of his signature Renaissance Cable Bracelet with the release a number of limited edition designs, ranging from blue aluminum bangles to full pavé pieces sprinkled with diamonds. Click here to view the collection, and to get a chance to purchase one of your own before the masses. (Fashion Bomb Inbox)
~Cliché

14 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Real Hair, A Sneak Peek At Rita Ora For Rimmel London, and David Yurman Celebrates 30 Years of Renaissance Cable Bracelets with Limited Edition Collection”

1. Who? Me? says:

Oh Nikki you’re so fine you’re so fine you blow my mind!
    hey Nikki hey Nikki

2. iQgraphics says:

As a natural, I def understand why she wears the wigs. It’s not good to constantly straighten your hair. But… um… with the youtube natural hair divas, this isn’t ground breaking. I guess she’s showing it to shut haters up. I don’t recall anyone accusing her of being bald tho…

I’ve heard folks say she had no hair under her wig. There’s this misconception that because someone wears fake hair, they have none of their own. I’m glad she shut a few haters up!

4. above-par says:

Nicki looks great! Aside from her natural hair, her skin also looks darker, no?

& I still have yet to hear a Rita Ora song…she must not know if you stake all your coins in the fashion industry you will be left high and dry come the next “it” girl. I feel like her time is running out.

5. SMV says:

real hair, natural hair, wig, weave… its just hair.. i don’t understand why it has to make the news. there are more important issues facing black women than hair.

6. Honeybrown says:

I will be honest and say I am so here for this Nicki! She looks Amazing. I saw these and some additional photos last night and I applaud her for taking it back to her less gimicky days. I sense some major moves in store for her if she continues to give us Adult Nicky.

7. Honeybrown says:

@SMV I agree with you, however it’s hard to address all of those issues on a Fashion Site. It runs a lot deeper.

8. lolani says:

Why are people so “suprised” when they see black women with long hair? I am black and my hair grows down to my butt and is really thick(not wavy) but coily and all the women in my family for the most part can grown hair to their elbows even when we dont take the best care of it she is very pretty non the less not a fan of her music but I think shes a cutie.

9. coco04 says:

so what! her hair is thin and there is nothing to be praud about the length. It is no wonder when you are wearing wigs everyday. Would make a difference if her hair would have a bit more volume. O_o
    but she looks less clownish with er real hair instead of those ugly wigs, with her bird face…

10. Shirley says:

Onika looks beautiful like this. She looks relaxed. I hope she rocks this look for sometime. Once touring comes, she can rock the wigs.

11. Frost says:

Meh, I would be more impressed if she flaunted her real body and face. Everyone knows she has a fake butt, boobs, and nose. :p

It is unbelievable how women tear at each other with our words. I don’t fault you for not liking her hair and make up choices but the out right hatred is shocking.

Personally I think she looks really nice. Everyone likes to change it up. Wigs weaves real hair do what makes you happy. This may not be a forum to speak on the issues of women but it would be nice to lift each other up. If for nothing else in the name of fashion.

13. hahahaha says:

Black women having long hair is nothing new so Nicki can put that thin straggly-end hair of hers away. Nothing to boast about. Bye bye

14. Deedee says:

It’s funny that the more successful Nikki becomes the farther away she moves from her original ragady anne doll image. I guess it was a gimmick after all……