February 3rd, 2014
Celebrity Style, Kim Kardashian
Rumor Mill: Is Kim Kardashian Shooting for Vogue?
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Kanye West has reportedly been pleading with Anna Wintour these past few months to put his boo Kim Kardashian on the cover of Vogue. It sounds like all of Kanye’s campaigning has delivered results, because according to Jezebel, a “well-placed source” told them that Kim Kardashian was shooting for the Fashion Bible in Los Angeles just yesterday.

Kim-Kardashian-Kanye-West-Instagram-north baby

Now, it is very likely that Kimmy’s just shooting a spread, and not the cover. But considering that West and Wintour are fairly close, and how, um, passionate Yeezy is about how his boo is represented in the zeitgeist, there’s a good chance we might see our friend Ms. Kardashian right where her fiancé wants her.

kim kardashian fashion shoot
If it’s true, I must say, I will accept no less than the September issue for Kerry Washington, whose Vogue cover is long overdue.

kim-kardashian-by-alan-gelali-for-tatler-november-2012
What say you, Bombers and Bombshells? Would you like to see a Kim K Vogue cover?

~Jihan

Photos: Pacific Coast News, Kim Kardashian Instagram, Getty

22 Responses to “Rumor Mill: Is Kim Kardashian Shooting for Vogue?”

I’m sorry I don’t like to hate buuuut this all plastic no talent “reality star” needs to go away and take Kanye with her. They’re both so delusional they’re perfect for each other. Kanye thinking he’s next level in the fashion game is pathetic. Anyone with money can buy labels but as they say you can’t buy class or respect for that matter.

It won’t matter how much Kanye begs and persuades…Kim K. is NOT DESERVING of a Vogue cover. Now, I actually like her but that honor is for women who have made a substantial impact on the fashion industry with notable talent and ethics. The fact that he has to beg is enough proof that she should not be on that cover.

IF this cover happens, Vogue better be prepared for boycotts, burnings and backlash!

3. Martinique_Fr says:

If she gets it, it won’t be the end of the world…then I’ll enjoy the photos.
    If she does NOT get it, it won’t be the end of the world either.

4. My opinion says:

I agree hard working ppl should be on the cover but she work hard so why can’t she be on it…I don’t think Miley Cyrus should have her own cover but she does so why can’t kim

5. taff says:

it’s ok if she gets the cover, I mean if it was that easy to be a millionaire we would all be. she definitely works hard in someway, not as an actor or singer but a business woman maybe..

6. yonaton says:

id buy it! chick came up fast and is doing her thing to stay afloat. everyday she endorses a new product. believe it or not, she is a household name. everyone knows her and i think it well sell like wildfire.

7. tasha says:

I think a spread is fine. However the cover of Vogue is huge and she is not deserving of it at all. Literally outside of it all she is a reality tv star and that doesnt warrant cover status. Her fashion has fallen off in years.

Put her on Teen Vogue with her sisters.

8. binks says:

I must say high fashion Kim Kardashian is a bore; she just doesn’t do high fashion well. But if she is in Vogue it’s most likely a spread because it would be a huge leap if she got the cover especially since her popularity has decline majorly compared to other people. A lot of folks will be coming from Ms. Wintour’s neck if that happened.

9. GiGi says:

Hate or Love her, Kim K has had an effect on fashion. Regardless of how she got famous or if shes a reality star ( all these are irrelevant. She is a star in her own right and if she has done other covers, then why not Vogue? People need to remember that at the end of the day its all about selling magazines..and that is something Kim K can definitely do!

10. Lola Reggy says:

Goshh, just wondering did he put in the same effort for Amber Rose. Since I am not American, I bet ya’ll know that better then me… Just wondering… Looks like he is kissing this woman’s behind.. Wonder why…

11. Fisayo Longe says:

Agree with GiGi. I have the most respect for her and her family with how they’ve made money and a name for themselves out of a negative situation. Only very few people can achieve what they have.

Kim has more instagram followers than Rihanna- she is hugely influential. If she’s on the cover, it will fly off the shelves!

You could plaster this young “woman’s” face on a Wheaties box and at the end of it all she still has sub-par fashion, an industry ran through, and baby mama over the age of 30. Please already.

A Vogue cover would just be a waste. What on earth would she talk about in the cover story that we don’t already know or could possibly care about? She may be popular with the tween/teen/shallow 20 something crowd because they want to look or dress like her, but she’s just not that interesting as a person, her “style” is dictated by Kanye and her beauty is manufactured. Not to mention in 2013 Vogue featured First Lady Michelle Obama, Grammy winners Beyonce and Gwen Stefani, Oscar winners Sandra Bullock, Kate Winslet, and Jennifer Lawrence, and Golden Globe winner Claire Danes on their cover. I’m sure someone could find something negative to say about each of these women or their personal lives. But unlike Kim they are at least legitimately accomplished, talented, and respected by their peers.

14. S says:

It’s funny, there was a time when getting a Vogue cover meant something. It meant class, elegance, prestige, persons of distinction. Somehow when I think on those words, Kim Kardashian’s name just doesn’t come to fore.

15. Crystal says:

Enough with the Kanye is begging for Kim’s Vogue cover. Who in the world would ever know that? And it’s really not that big of a deal. She’s not running for President. It’s a magazine….geesh.

16. katie says:

I hope she doesn’t get it. If she does, it will be another reminder why American Vogue ain’t ish.

17. Shon... says:

If they put her on the cover they might as well put Coco, Jenna Jameson, Kendra Wilkinson, Paris Hilton, Pinky on the cover. Because what do all these women have in common…they fuck for checks. Kayne trying to make us forget how big of fame whore she is. Vogue is about to become trash. It is a shame this is even a thought. Why people why. America is so full of shit, it is shameless and disgusting. When there are plenty of black women Angela Simmons, Traci Ellis Reese, Jada Pinkett, Gabrielle Union..what up Vogue.

18. Aynai says:

It does look like a vogue type of spread with the fashion she is wearing okay …..Next . Im not totally knocking how she got into the game or her fame ,she just doesn’t intrigue me. She’s a beautiful lady that turned a sex tape into an empire . If thats the lifestyle Vogue is now spotlighting I’m a little disappointed. I’m even trying to look at this like okay she can be called a model ,but models don’t get featured stories in vogue ? Idk like what does she stand for or represent ? I’m going leave at that ,cause the more I think about it ,my comments will turn into kitchen table talk.

19. Feather says:

I recently started keeping up with the Kardashians to see how they are on season 9. I have watched all eight seasons and currently starting season nine. They are an EMPIRE. They have an EXTREME effect of the fashion industry whether you like it or not. Even though the fame is from the relationships Kim started with, she and her empire is WAY BEYOND the old hype. Kim wears 8,000 dollar outfits everytime she steps out on the scene. Her whole family promotes high designers fashion. Designers are waiting for the Kardashians to wear and promote their line. She absolutley deserves the spot on Vogue. Hands DOWN. The hate is real with this girl but she is 50 million dollars richer than you and my Kimmy is killing the fashion game. :)

20. Princess says:

@feather agreed! you can’t deny that she is a beaut! She should be on the cover.

However, the only thing that gets on my nerves is Kanye West… he is the most irritating thing I have ever seen… ranting about Kim being on the cover and shit… shut the heck up!!kmt

21. Islandista says:

Oh pshhh. This just isn’t going to happen.

Vogue magazine is a business. The business that they are in will NOT take kindly to having Kim Kardashian on the cover. Luxury retailers may not mind having her wear their outfits as long as she pays for them but they do not want her image associated with their brand.

Which is why despite wearing “$8000 dollar outfits” as her defender Feather hollers, she shills for KMart. All of the sponsorship and endorsement deals she has (and she has a lot – the girl has turned her 15 minutes into lots of money), none of them are high end.

High end retailers are Vogue’s bread and butter advertisers and they are not about to turn them off. Nor are they going to dilute the allure and mystique of a ‘Vogue cover’ by putting a Kardashian on it.

Sorry.

22. Feather says:

@islandista I just had to come back here and blow you a kiss when I seen Kim Kardashian on the cover of Vogue! “Come on Vogue.. Let your body move to the music.. hey Hey HEY!” Strike a pose! VOGUE.