February 1st, 2014
Shopping, Style Inspiration, What to Wear, Winter Wardrobe
Winter 2014 Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a Superbowl Party
By Danielle Nicole

It’s about that time of the year again! Super Bowl Sunday is just around the corner and as so many of you are waiting in anticipation to see which team will take home that trophy, or most importantly, to catch the Halftime Show and the Super Bowl commercials, I’ve been summoned to cook up a few football-friendly looks.

LawyerLady writes, “Hi! I am hosting a super bowl party at my house. I’d like to be comfy, sexy, and chic. There is an older post on the subject but the ‘What to Wear’ segment has expanded since 2011. Help please and thanks!”

Although I’m not much of a football fan, I wanted today’s wardrobe options to be befitting of a football-enthused environment with casual and comfy pairings mixed with chic accents for a hint of style.

First up, for the Seattle fans, cheer on your team in a slim-fit Seahawks tee, a relaxed pair of distressed boyfriend jeans, and lace-up peep toe booties or a stylish d’Orsay flat.

What to Wear to a Superbowl Party Chloe Handbag Giuseppe Zanotti Bootie Giorgio Armani Chain Trimmed Suede d'Orsay Flats

Add in a few details with a structured shoulder bag, geometric stud earrings, and a waterfall jacket with contrast sleeves. To complete the look, punch up your makeup palette with a subtle sliver or a bold blue eyeshadow pencil option and a playful nail lacquer.

For the Bronco fans, keep things semi-casual in an off-the-shoulder t-shirt and a simple pair of white skinny jeans. Tall black boots, a leather-neoprene jacket, and a jazzy blue leopard print clutch add a bit of depth.

What to Wear to a Superbowl Party Giuseppe Zanotti Tall Boots 3.1 Phillip Lim Blue Leopard 31 Minute Clutch Dion Lee Bonded Leather Neoprene Jacket

Kick things up a notch with chunky gold jewelry, a flirty makeup palette, and a printed scarf to match.

And if you’re less of a football fanatic and more of a fashionista, opt for a LPD New York Team Wang sweatshirt spruced up by a pair of leather leggings and a sexy pair of pumps (or a chic pair of sneakers if that’s more your speed).

What to Wear to a Superbowl Party LPD New York Team Wang Sweatshirt Christian Louboutin So Kate Pumps Christian Louboutin Sweet Charity Leather Shoulder BagLayer up with a graphic muscle tee and keep things stylish with a color-block shoulder bag and triangle hoop earrings. A bold red lip completes this not so sporty but quite stylish ensemble.

And that will do it! What do you ladies think of my attempt to create Super Bowl Sunday worthy looks?

27 Responses to “Winter 2014 Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a Superbowl Party”

1. DenimJunkieKidd says:

random question; do you guys use photoshop for your style boards?

yessssss Danielle Nicole! I love it!!!

3. Vana Boo says:

It would be more realistic if yo posted things on here that the modern day women could actually afford… Style doesn’t also have to be name brand and pricey but two each us own…..

4. MissRich says:

Although everything is expensive as hell,these are thing you can easily pick up at HM or a forever 21

5. Dreadful Beauty says:

Cute!!!
    I find it fun to recreate these high end looks on my budget. This board is called style INSPIRATION, not style DUPLICATION.

6. Sasha says:

Good afternoon Claire and the FBD staff! I was just wondering and maybe you do this already but anyway I was wondering if there could be submissions of people actually recreating the inspirational styles. For example if I wanted to recreate this look I can submit it and that way others can get a more visual look on how the outfits would fit! It’s Kind of like the fashion bombshell of the day but not really! It is just an idea I understand you and the FBD staff work really hard but I just thought it would be neat!

7. Stephane says:

Mighty fancy for a superbowl party, no?

8. LawyerLady says:

YAAAASSSS!!!! Danielle Nicole, this is EXACTLY what I was talking about. See, this is why I need you girl! Thank you!

9. Deb says:

I’m dying for the jacket in the second look…LOVE IT!!
    note: not everything is expensive the jeans from Mango are only $40 and $60 dollars. Plus the jacket in the first look is on sale for $85.

10. Claire says:

@Sasha We did do it for a while…something called Style Inspiration to reality!.
    We stopped because noone really sent pictures in.
    At any rate, send your pix our way, would love to see!

11. Claire says:

And @Stephane These looks are for people who want to show up and show out…if you just want to wear a tee and jeans, I’m sure you don’t need our help.

12. Ally says:

And where to get the Denver Broncos tee isn’t posted because…..

LOVE Option#1 and #3! YEEESSSS Danielle Nicole! Thank you!!

14. binks says:

I am not really rooting for anyone this year but I can see myself rocking all three looks especially number 2!

@denimjunkiekidd you can make sets like this on polyvore.com

16. SNP says:

Where can I get a great pair of leather leggings like these for around $100 or less?

17. NIk says:

@SNP American Apparel always has leather leggins.

18. Ashley says:

@SNP also shopakira.com has some cute leggings I just saw some today

19. Pink Dress says:

i totally agree… fashion option number 1 is nice! And yeah, I buy most of my clothes at Forever 21!

20. Lola Reggy says:

@Vana Boo, I find it kind of funny that you say that, she posted some forever 21 here and other affordable things. Plus styleboards like these are more used as inspiration and big chains like Zara and H&M always copy every big brand name trend out there, and that’s like wayyy affordable plus you can go online shopping for example at ASOS and get the same kind of things the brands have!! Kisses have a great weekend!!

21. Luigi Rotunno. Imoplanet. Porto Seguro. Brasil. says:

SEMPRE SBORRATA TUTTA NEL CULO: ELISA COGNO (FRUIMEX SAS DI ALBA), DA CRIMINALISSIMA PUTTANONA BERLUSCONAZISTA E PADANAZISTA QUALE DA SEMPRE E’, LAVA TANTISSIMO CASH DI COSA NOSTRA, CAMORRA E NDRANGHETA, COME PURE RUBATO O FRUTTO DI MEGA MAZZETTE DI LL, LEGA LADRONA ED EX PDL, POPOLO DI LADRONI ( ORA FORZA ITALIA MAFIOSA), INSIEME A SUA MADRE, NOTA BAGASCIA BASTARDA SEMPRE PIENA DI SIFILIDE, CRIMINALISSIMA PIERA CLERICO (ANCHE LEI MEGA RICICLANTE SOLDI ASSASSINI, PRESSO ESTREMAMENTE MALAVITOSA FRUIMEX FRU.IM.EX SAS LOCALITA’ SAN CASSIANO 15 – 12051 – ALBA – CN). IL TUTTO IN INFIMA HITLERIANA CONGIUNZIONE CON PROPRIO BASTARDO FILO MAFIOSO FRATELLO PAOLO COGNO: NOTO PEDERASTA NAZIFASCISTA, SUPER LAVA EURO KILLER, VICINISSIMO A FAMOSO ” NDRANGHETISTA PADANO” DOMENICO BELFIORE DI TORINO E GIOIOSA JONICA. DEL GRUPPO “SATANAZISTAMENTE” OMICIDA FANNO OVVIAMENTE PARTE, IL GIA’ PLURI CONDANNATO AL CARCERE, ACCLARATO PEDOFILO E MANDANTE DI OMICIDI, PAOLO BARRAI (MERCATO LIBERO ALIAS “MERDATO” LIBERO), ALTRETTANTO PEDOFILO ASSASSINO, SEMPRE A BANGKOK A STUPRARE ED UCCIDERE BAMBINI , COME A LAVARE CASH SUPER MAFIOSO DI ROBERTO PALAZZOLO, VERME BASTARDAMENTE SANGUINARIO MAURIZIO BARBERO. PURE DI ALBA, COME DI TECHNO SKY E MERCATO “MERDATO” LIBERO NEWS. E COLLETTO LERCIO, NONCHE’ PER MESI E MESI IN GALERA: ALESSANDO PROTO ( FINANZIERE DI COSA NOSTRA, CAMORRA E NDRANGHETA, TANTO QUANTO)!

22. Love! Check out our Super Bowl Outfit ideas on the blog today! Go Broncos! http://www.fiftytwothursdays.us

also we have a fun valentine’s day giveaway. Subscribe on our site to enter!!

23. The first and third look are everything. You can never look too fabulous. You never know you might meet your future boo! lol. Look great all the time, feel great all the time:)

24. lol says:

I would roll my eyes at any try hard fashionista who wore this to eat buffalo wings and drink beer. Like no one is worried bout ur fashuns at a football party. I feel like a hypocrite since I would do the most with fashion way back when but then came to the realization that simplicity is the best style a person can wear.

25. @Alexislovesme says:

LOVE THE FIRST LOOK!

26. jeanbay says:

love this segment please keep them coming

27. MissPumps&Pearls says:

I know I’m late, back-tracking, but @Lol … I don’t believe that’s everyone’s reality, there are some Super Bowl events, that are not just a kick back at the boys house… Plus I’d say plenty of people “care about ur fashuns at a football party,” many of us came across this blog…. Lol.