January 31st, 2014
Shopping, Style Inspiration, What to Wear, Winter Wardrobe

Tori Sade is back with your weekend outfit ideas!
She came up with a look for day, something saucy for night, and a prim ensemble for your churchgoers.
Let’s dive in!

For daytime, keep it colorful with a Reed Krakoff sweatshirt, toned down by Rag & Bone leather leggings from Intermix.
Reed krakoff pullover intermix leggings celine rolled clutch fashion bomb daily what to wear to brunch
Add a fun touch with a double foldover clutch, Alexander Wang heels, a chunky silver chain, and mask sunglasses.

For your nighttime festivities, keep it cute and classy in a Kenzo stretch knit dress under a Rag & Bone coat.
what to wear to go out in the winter kenzo stretch knit dress valentino rockstud heels whistles opaque tights
Battle the chill in tights, and make sure your feet are comfy in Valentino Rockstud pumps.

And for praise and worship, wear an Alexander McQueen Intarsia dress under a pretty pink coat by Jaeger.
What to wear to church in winter valentino dress jaeger coat balmin boots topshop hematite earrings claire sulmers fashion bomb daily
Accessorize with Balmain boots, a metallic John Lewis clutch, and Topshop earrings.

Love that church look!
At any rate, see anything you would wear this weekend?
And in case you need some Superbowl ideas, revisit our What to Wear to a Super Bowl Party post here.

16 Responses to “Winter 2014 Style Inspiration: What to Wear to Church, Brunch, and More for the Weekend of January 31st”

1. binks says:

Love all of those options, especially number 3!

2. Mary says:

Please mix high and low looks. We’re not being naive with our cash!

3. Niecy says:

Those boots seem a bit much for church.

4. Casandrae says:

the church look is fire!

5. itsjustme says:

love #3!

6. pyt says:

Yes Please mix high low. Even the real stylists mix high and low options (most notably Shun Melson). Smh I remember when this site used to do that. I would like to see more items from topshop, zara etc, which Beyonce proudly wears. smh

7. Dom says:

I was thinking the same thing Mary. Ain’t nobody coming to this site checking for no $1190 sweatshirt! The looks are cute, but I think the prices should be a bit more realistic for what the site traffic is able to afford.

8. Claire says:

@Everybody
    I agree. The prices on these are high. I told Tori to dial it back for next week. Thanks.

9. Lola Reggy says:

Man I love that Reed Krakoff sweatshirt, perfect now for spring commin’ and yes yes yes to that Alexander McQueen dress. Ever since I noticed him I’m a big fan, still so sad he ain’t here anymore <3

10. Natasha says:

Oh, I thought this feature was more about fashion inspiration. Surely there are similar, budget-friendly options in local stores or online.

As to the boots, I’d question myself before wearing them for church. Nice looks, though.

11. katie says:

That dress for #3 is waaaay too short to wear to church. At least it looks that way on the model. I was always taught to never wear a dress with a hem any higher than the top of your knees. Thigh exposure in the church is a big no-no.

And the boots? Triple no. The whole outfit is a bit outlandish to me. Who goes to church with an outfit like #3?

These are all cute looks, but who is about to buy an Alexander McQueen dress to wear to church. Really? Are these ideas for your readers/your fans or…is she personally styling a celeb? Just asking. If i know these posts don’t pertain to me I’ll glad just move on to Hot or Hmm for the week lol

13. Nakia P says:

Love all three looks.
    I always thought these were supposed to be inspiration, not your personal shopper :(…
    Can’t tell the length of the dress but love the “inspiration” for number 3, taking this from a girl who is in church EVERY Sunday, bible study on Wednesday, youth on Tuesday it’s nice to have an idea for something other than a suit.. Love it!

14. mary says:

They’re inspirations, but some of us purchase a few select items. I believe the purpose is to be inspirational, but also fashion discovery. Just as a magazine, you place outfits together, but also set your price point to match your target audience.

15. Trina B says:

I love all the creativity put into these outfit ideas. Please keep it coming!!!

FYI these are inspirational concepts … Depending on your budget you don’t necessarily have to purchase the exact same item the great thing about the internet is you can find similar items in your budget
    That’s what I do … To each it’s own