January 26th, 2014
Alicia Keys, Awards, Featured, On the Scene
On the Scene: The 56th Annual Grammy Awards

The Grammy’s red carpet went down mere moments ago, with the hottest looks from some of our favorite stars.
This is the night epic style moments are made. It seems the stars stuck to a neutral color palette of white and gold, with moments of red.
Let’s take a look!
ciara emilio pucci gold gown baby bump 56th annual grammy awards
The fashion didn’t stop for a pregnant Ciara, who showed off her baby bump in a gilded Emilio Pucci gown. Hot!
_naeem-khan--ysl-wiz-khalifa-amber-rose-grammys-2014-red-carpet-05
Amber Rose also glowed in a gold Naeem Khan floor sweeping number. She was the perfect complement to date Wiz Khalifa, who looked dapper in Saint Laurent.
_rita-ora-in-lanvin-rita-ora-grammys-2014-red-carpet-01
I was all in for Rita Ora’s skin clinging metallic toned Lanvin dress. I must say, it looked much better in motion…
_taylor-swift-gucci-premiere-taylor-swift-grammys-2014-red-carpet-04
Taylor Swift looked absolutely gorgeous in a Gucci Première gold lamé short sleeve fitted gown with a crystal mesh overlay and crystal gemstone details. Very hot!
chrissy teigen john legend joanna johnson gucci 56th annual grammy awards
Chrissy Teigen killed it in a strapless Johanna Johnson dress. John Legend looked quite sophisticated himself in a Gucci Made to Order navy one button shawl lapel Marseille tuxedo with a white evening shirt, navy silk bowtie, and black patent leather loafers.

rosci diaz The 56th Annual Grammy Awards
Representing for the white contingent was Rocsi Diaz, who chose a Cushnie Et Ochs dress, Giuseppe Zanotti shoes, and a Sophie Hulme clutch for the festivities. Winter white is certainly on trend, but this dress does nothing for her.
House of Milan paris hilton Paris+Hilton+56th+GRAMMY+Awards+Arrivals+SQ2xMc8W8Axx
Hate her or love her, Paris Hilton slayed in this Haus of Milani creation. This is how you do white on the carpet!
Paris Hilton House of Milan Paris+Hilton+56th+GRAMMY+Awards+Red+Carpet+4Y7DUA502gUx
I’ll leave it up to you to ponder what she was doing there with Birdman…
katy-perry-grammys-2014-red-carpet--valentino
Katy Perry gave ballerina chic in a deliciously frothy Valentino number, equipped with a musically themed design. Pretty!
_iggy-azalea-elie-ssab-dress-2014-grammy-awards
And Iggy Azalea looked angelic in an Elie Saab Spring 2014 runway look.
tamar braxton michael costello 56th+GRAMMY+Awards+Arrivals+Fgc9dcNfO8Hx
Tamar Braxton was radiant in a red strapless Michael Costello gown. Serve!
_colbie-caillat-red-dress-grammy-awards
I appreciated the drama of Colbie Caillat’s Ezra Santos dress. Way to make a splash!

pink johanna johnson Pink+56th+GRAMMY+Awards+Arrivals+_DDhiny4CnVx
Pink also bet on red in a paneled Johanna Johnson sweetheart satin gown, topped off by Brian Atwood heels.
etro chrisette michele Chrisette+Michele+56th+GRAMMY+Awards+Red+Carpet+nylRiFn3_oRx
Chrisette Michele gave us our first menswear inspired look of the night, and took absolutely no prisoners in an Etro ensemble. She gave face and unmitigated glamour. Hot from her pointy fingernails to her white pumps!
_ralph-lauren-david-madonna-grammys-2014-red-carpet-with-son-david-05
Madonna and her son David made an adorable duo in Ralph Lauren. I’m loving this mother/son moment.

_saint-laurent-miguel-grammys-2014-red-carpet-01
Miguel gave me a Prince tease with his Saint Laurent ensemble and curly tresses.

faith evans 56th+GRAMMY+Awards+Arrivals+xFlrHNpO1Ghx
All I could see on Faith Evans was this tragic ombre hair. No.

The 56th Annual Grammy Awards fantasia barrino
Fantasia was doing soooo well…until tonight. Even the pink keyhole number she wore to Clive Davis’s party would’ve been a better choice. Better luck next year!
zendaya coleman grammy awards emnauel ungaro
Zendaya Coleman wore a teal and black polka dot chiffon gown from Emanuel Ungaro’s Spring 2014 collection. I like this and would wear it.

_armani-prive-alicia-keys-swizz-beatz-grammys-2014-red-carpet-01
Eschewing all red carpet trends, Alicia Keys beamed with hubby Swizz Beatz in a curve hugging purple Armani Privé dress. Give me body!

_robin-thicke-paula-patton-grammys-armani-
Lastly, Robin Thicke and wife Paula Patton posed for the paps, with Robin in Giorgio Armani, and Paula in a zebra patterned Nicolas Jebran Haute Couture gown. I love the idea of Paula’s dress, but am unsure about the execution.
I was anxiously waiting for Rihanna or Beyonce to hit the carpet, but I guess we’ll have to see them in the audience/on stage.
Until then, what did you think of the looks?
And who was best dressed in your opinion?
Images: Getty

29 Responses to “On the Scene: The 56th Annual Grammy Awards”

1. MAZ says:

Ciara SLayed!

2. Taj says:

Ciara and Alicia Keys look stunning.

3. Roody says:

Everyone looked FAB EXCEPT for Faith, Fannie and Paula.

Better luck next time!

4. Taj says:

I forgot to mention how beautiful Amber Rose looks.

5. NellyV85 says:

I literally laughed out loud when I saw Fantasia! Lord Jesus be a resurrection on Easter Sunday.

Way to parade your black son around Madonna. We get it. You’re trying to prove that you aren’t ignorant. (I don’t think she’s racist, just dumb.)

6. AH says:

Ciara looks beautiful as does Amber Rose. And as much as I hate to say this, Paris Hilton looks great too (major side-eye to Baby from Cash Money.)

I believe Paris Hilton is signed to Cash Money, so she is probably taking a picture or something just like Rihanna does with JayZ

Ciara ate.. No @ Madonna & that Beyonce performance was dreadful

Please show Rihanna and that ALEXANDRE VAUTHIER COUTURE dress from Clive Davis party! OMG!
    loved taylor she looked exquisite.

10. Dom Dom says:

Well I was only here to see Rihanna own the red carpet as usual but she’s done a no show, therefore there’s nothing for me in this post :-(

11. Ashley says:

I am living for Chrisette! From the hair on down!! She did that for me. So far from her norm!!! Chrisette did that!

Amber Rose, Alicia Keys…can we get in to Tamar!!! Beautiful red carpet.

No hate on Madonna, but her face is giving me that scary guy from Poltergeist…so from the neck down she is good, but that pale face and scary eyes have me saying “Don’t go into the light, Carol Annne!”

12. koko says:

eek! Chrisette Michelle looks beautiful but oh how i hate a bra under a blazer! dang, just add a couple inches and make it a bustier if you dont wanna wear a camisole. I think just a bra is so tacky, and trust me i am not skin-shy!

whyyyy?? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

13. Lola Reggy says:

Ciara, Rita Ora, Taylor Swift, Chrissy Teigen, Madonna and Miguel did it for me!!!!

14. Ready says:

Chrisette Michele was BOMB. Chrissy Teigen KILLED it. Taylor looks hot too; I see why these men keep dating her despite her high school antics. Loved Rita Ora’s makeup and hair.
    I don’t see what you saw in Paris Hilton’s and Katy Perry’s outfits…it’s a no for me. I don’t see B here, but that dress was so subpar. Fantasia was worse though; talk about 2 steps forward and 5 steps back.

I thought Rocsi was Leah Michelle

16. paris club says:

paris is signed unto lil waynes record label so thats whats up .Birdman is a co-owner of the brand. Fantasia darling who is ur stylist.pari did justice to her outfit.faith evans please no.The other ladies i love

17. paris club says:

18. Gsmart11 says:

Two words… Taylor Swift! Enough said.

Taylor Swift and Ciara slayed! That’s all.

Rihanna en alicia keys however mother and son rocked!

21. Here says:

Yeah I was looking for Rihanna too but she is completely MIA.Why is Rocsi even there? Ciara is alright an Iggy looks cute but kinda washed

22. Noirre says:

Ciara! I love Chrisette’s hair/makeup.

23. CHRISETTE’s look is my favorite from head to toe.

The pic of Madonna and her son is adorable, I wish she wore the black on stage. She looked like Big Daddy from
    “Django” in that white suit. No ma’am.

Tamar, Taylor, Chrissy, Faith, Iggy and Alicia all looked beautiful in their gowns.

24. iQgraphics says:

Ciara is Stunning pregnant.
    Chrisette’s look is the best to me.

25. Honeybrown says:

Chrisette slayed! The whole look from head to toe was pure perfection. Taylor Swift also gave life in her Gucci number, it photographed so well. I must say I was pleased to see Amber Rose back to looking good. Overall I think almost everyone came correctly. Almost everyone….. Fantasia sweety who told you to wear your housecoat to the grammys, she must have thought she was on her way to Nene’s party. Did she fire her stylist? Anywho, excellent year for the Grammy’s.

26. Taylor says:

Tamar, Amber

27. refiloe says:

I THOUGHT ROCSI DIAZ WAS SMASHING

28. Marike says:

Colbie Caillat’s dress is beautiful, i like the gape on her chest.

29. Josie says: