January 26th, 2014
Celebrity Style, Jennifer Hudson, On the Scene, Rihanna
On the Scene: The 2014 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Gala
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

The parties are still going strong out in Los Angeles! Clive Davis held his annual Pre-Grammy Gala, and naturally attracted a slew of our favorite celebs.

Let’s see who showed up and what they wore:

Rihanna-Clive-Davis-Pre-Grammy-Gala-2014-Alexandre-Vauthier-Spring-2014-CoutureSo the Roc girls have Alexandre Vauthier on speed dial, huh? After Rita Ora killed it in a Spring 2014 Couture look from the designer earlier in the day, RiRi decided to step out in this vibrant and revealing number from the same collection. Jaw dropping to say the least.

Jennifer-Hudson-Clive-Davis-Pre-Grammy-Gala-Christopher-Kane-DressThe majority of us can agree that it has been a rough week for Jennifer Hudson in the style department. But baby, she rebounded beautifully in this $1,814 Christopher Kane Elastic Panel Bandage Dress. Honey ate this!

Chrissy-Teigen-John-Legend-Clive-Davis-Pre-Grammy-GalaChrissy Teigen was impossibly stunning in a cleavage-baring Zuhair Murad chartreuse gown as she posed next to husband John Legend. She also earns bonus points for her perfect pout.

Miley-Cyrus-Clive-Davis-Pre-Grammy-Gala-2014While Miley’s hair is giving me Ellen Degeneres, I find myself oddly on board with this Calvin Klein look. It’s odd, but it works for her. What do you think?

Fantasia-Clive-Davis-Pre-Grammy-Gala-2014I enjoy seeing Fantasia out on the scene. I was especially pleased with her floor grazing pink gown and soft makeup. She looked great!

Miguel-Clive-Davis-Pre-Grammy-Gala-2014Miguel took the casual route, opting for a studded jacket, white t-shirt, and shredded jeans. There’s no doubt I would’ve enjoyed a more gussied up approach. Perhaps he’s saving it for the big show.

TI-Clive-Davis-Pre-Grammy-Gala-2014

What Miguel lacked in razzle dazzle T.I. more than made up for with his sequined jacket. Are y’all feeling it?

Jessie-J-Clive-Davis-Pre-Grammy-Gala-2014It was all about black on black on black for Jessie J. Cute!Paula-Patton-Robin-Thicke-Clive-Davis-Pre-Grammy-Gala-2014Paula Patton and Robin Thicke were in the house! Paula went with a Mireille Dagher red lace and sheer frock and Christian Louboutin pumps. Unfortunately, it’s not my fave. :(

Taylor-Swift-Clive-Davis-Pre-Grammy-Gala-2014Taylor Swift went short, embellished, and sheer for the occasion. While her Zuhair Murad dress is a beauty, her Bionda Castana sandals felt a bit too heavy for the look.

Russell-Simmons-Shannon-Elizabeth-Clive-Davis-Pre-Grammy-GalaClosing out the event is Russell Simmons who arrived with Shannon Elizabeth on his arm.

A stylish set of folks, indeed!

Who was best dressed?

~Cliché

Images: Getty

23 Responses to “On the Scene: The 2014 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Gala”

1. Est87 says:

- Paula Patton cannot dress to save her life! Lol.

- I think rhianna’s dress looks messy and uncomfortable to me. But her body in it looks great!

- Jennifer Hudson, still failing in the style department and I still can’t get over how big her head looks now :-/

- Hate Miley, but actually like this look (minus points for the hair). It’s something I could I see solange wearing (and looking better in).

Rihanna is everything besides that hair. I would of preferred it to be bone straight but the dress is stunning none the less and so is her skin.

3. FLEE says:

Rihanna looks great.. I like that wig, just not on her.

I LOVEE Miley’s jacket.

Taylor needs a makeover.

4. Bomajo says:

At first glance J.Hud looked nice but as you examine the picture more she gets a -no

John Legends wife(Chrissy yaddie yada- looks nice but a bit plain.

Miley- no she looks like Keebler elf. I’ve seen her look waysss better. but I do love her shoes.

Fantasia- looks okay not attention grabbing or anything but she looks soft and pretty

Miguel- No (and I love me some how many drinks)

TIP- No I don’t like the sequence blazer

Jessie J- she looks good. love the suit not a fan of finger waves but its does something for this look.

Paula Patton- sigh so many things first she needs someone to put a flat iron to that bob and give it a bump. Then the dress if she would have cut off the excess material on the sides and made the lace part of the dress a bit longer or at midi length then this would have been a fab look. Because she is a beautiful woman and the chest area of this dress is giving life.

Taylor swift- mmm don’t hate it don’t love it if her hair was different then it could have got at least a second look. Also she could lose the earrings takes away from the dress.

Russell and Shannon- They look like Russell and Shannon, nothing more nothing less.

5. Lola Reggy says:

Rihanna stop inking yourself up. At first when I saw the pics of her left hand I was like nooo those are henna drawings or something but it is another tattoo… Girl stop before we won’t see your beautiful radiant skin anymore and just ink, ink, ink…..
    It is so funny how some women have everything it takes to be beautiful and they just can’t put a nice wrapper around it. Like Paula Patton, her boobs look unnaturally squooshed. And that dress is just off. But she herself is such a very pretty woman. And sorry for JHud, but no this dress doesn’t work either…

6. itsjustme says:

any details on rihanna’s shoes?! fire.

7. Yes says:

Rihanna looks great and Jessie j looks cute

8. The truth says:

Why, Paula, why?

9. Marvina Scott says:

Fashion is an expression!
    1. Rihanna is ablaze with sexiness and that colour is simply delicious!! She killed it!! Reminds me of the infamous Versace dress J.L. wore with Diddy!!! RiRi ravishing!!
    2. Jennifer, you look sew chic! Love the hair, makeup, and you are wearing that dress!!! The show was a safe play, next time really kick it up!!
    3. Mr. and Mrs. Legend!! Definitely rocking love and passion-aglow with synchronicity. She is murdering that pose and that dress!!! #flawless
    4. Tasia, I’m on your team but…whoever chose that dress was hating. Your makeup and hair are beat perfection. The only thing I haircut say about the dress selected; the umpire quasi Grecian look does nothing for your banging figure. Grammy-time is meant for shining, not holding back!!
    5.Miley-NO!
    6. Miguel-NO!
    7. T.I…what can we say about Mr. McSexy?! You better stunt on ‘em!! I live your whole get-down! #10!
    8. Jessie J…love the suiting! A different shoe and clutch would have rang the alarm. Love the waves.
    9. Mr. and Mrs. Thicke!! Love it!! I like the racy red frock with the neutral shoe(CL). Now, if you had put your hair up…you still love haute, tho’!
    10. Taylor, that shoe did nothing.
    11. My Man, Russell!! You can do whatever you want. But, your date should have kicked it up…like 6 notches to be on your arm. #ijs (next time call me, the glam squad, and rack of sizzling and tasteful haute(coutour) choices.
    Loved the fashionable expressions! Keep them coming!!

10. Marvina Scott says:

Typo: Tasia…the only thing I have to say… It’s ok to hurt ‘em, girl!!
    Give us Siren-body!!

11. Tee says:

Here for Rihanna’s shoes? Details pls

Once again and urban blog not knowing what they are talking about. Miguel is in an 11,000.00 saint Laurent jacket.

13. Nnika says:

I’m here for Rihanna’s look!

And while she didn’t pull it off completely.. J Hud didn’t do that bad this time.

Jennifer Hudson did that! Plz, at anyone trying to discredit this.

15. niksmir says:

Jessie J and T.I. brought the best looks in this bunch. Taylor Swift could have been an contender until I scrolled down to those shoes.
    Rihanna and Jennifer Hudson also finished in the Almost Doesn’t Count category.

16. Dom Dom says:

I’m here for Rihanna’s skin tbh

17. Bhud says:

@annonymous… ummm what does the price of miguels jacket have to do with how he looks?

typical urban blog commentor equating the price tag with style…

18. Ni says:

That dress Ri has on looks like something Beyonce wore to the BET Awards bout 2 or 3 years ago, just with longer sleeves.I’m not here for the hair tho.

19. baby-b says:

Jennifer hudson-epic FAIL!!!!!!!

20. Ashley Moniq says:

T.I’s jacket would have done better with some slacks and a dope dress shoe.
    I love J.Hud but the shoes threw me off they match in color but not with the dress..
    Beyonce looks gorge in her dress.. that hair lacked the proper styling for the dress.
    I actually think Paula looks amaze! A bit uncomfortable tho..
    Miley wanna take that fuzzy bear from ‘We Can’t Stop” everywhere she goes huh?
    QUEEN Rih slays any styling that comes her way. She always looks comfortable thats the key..

Everybody else.. Hey y’all..

21. Here says:

I have a feeling Rihanna is going to drop Hollywood cause she seems so above it. I can’t see her chasing papers any longer

Deets on Rihanna’s shoes?

paula patton seems sweet but she needs to get a stylist ASAP, or fire the 1 she has. I’ve only ever liked her clothes once