January 26th, 2014
Awards, Beyonce, Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm

Beyonce didn’t hit the red carpet at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards, but did change into a custom white Michael Costello gown after her performance with Jay Z.
michael-costello-beyonce-wears-sexy-sheer-white-dress-at-grammys-2014-01
Peep the back view.
_Beyonce's-56th-Annual-Grammy-Awards-Michael-Costello-White-Custom-Gown
Ok!
Curly hair and wine red lips completed her look.
_Michael-Costello-beyonce-wears-sexy-sheer-white-dress-at-grammys-2014-10

Pretty! And her body looks amazing. Michael Costello might be having the best year ever, no?

What do you think?
_Michael-Costello-beyonce-wears-sexy-sheer-white-dress-at-grammys-2014-05

michael-costello-beyonce-wears-sexy-sheer-white-dress-at-grammys-2014-01

*I was so busy blogging, I missed Beyoncé and Jay Z’s opening performance:
Beyonce+Knowles+56th+GRAMMY+Awards+Show+9EXRwM1_Zedx

Beyonce+Knowles+56th+GRAMMY+Awards+Show+u1O41BAvAnMx
How was it?
**Update: Here it is.

Let me know your thoughts!
Images: Getty

48 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Beyonce’s 56th Annual Grammy Awards Michael Costello White Custom Sheer Gown”

1. Casandrae says:

The dress is beautiful but the makeup and hair should’ve been more delicate and less edgy to go with the feminity and delicacy of the lace gown…

Bride of Chucky.

Sorry but the execution of that dress is sloppy and is that her bra strung around her arms? Lace, mesh, fishnets with seams booooooo.

4. tron says:

I LOVE AND LIVE FOR BEY BUT IVE SEEN HER HANGING OUT ON VACATION LOOKNG BETTER THAN THIS. THAT $HIT ON HER HEAD HAS TO GO! PLEASE WHERE IS MY SAASA FIERCE.

5. V says:

Gorgeouuss!

6. Lola Reggy says:

I love her costume in the opening performance better. Look at her delicious hot body. You go girl!

7. T1K says:

Dont like it… It did big look planned out, the Hair and makeup do not match the dress, and those de fishnet stockings underneath… Nuh oh Bey, plus the close up that shows the bust looks like she rushed to get dressed.

8. T1K says:

Shout out to Michael Costello for dressing just about everyone last year and now this year!

Ugh..

10. Shayla says:

I’m definitely a fan but, we all have seen Bey at her best & this wasn’t it! This performance was uncouth & the fashion/wig are sub par to say the least. She’s hands down today’s queen, but ALL this comes off as trying WAY too hard. There is no need for her to try to be so edgy & overtly sexual! We get it, we know your the issshhhh Bey! You’re the issshhhh because you’re talented, beautiful, wealthy, a wife to Jay-Z & mother to Blue. You have nothing else to prove! #timetogrow

11. bhud says:

the performance was awful and she’s worn this before (met gala 2012). and so has everyone else this year.

sn: hope michael costello doesn’t turn into the next christian siriano; hot today, gone tomorrow…

12. socialb_jess says:

There was nothing really special about this dress, I feel like Ive seen it before…multiple times on other people too. I have to agree the hair and makeup do clash with the dress and the execution wasn’t put together very well…Ive seen better on Bey. Don’t get me wrong though, Bey is the ish.. just not feeling this tonight :)
    love u tho Bey!!

13. Blair Coupon says:

Well the dress is nowhere near to be tag as gorgeous, neither her makeup. However the performance was alright. I am still wondering, why she chose white one???

14. 90. says:

Beyonce knows better than to be having her wig front looking like its about lift off. I usually love bey but the short hair and dark lip just doesn’t do it for me.

15. Jenna says:

the color of the sheer panel on her arms is a bit too taupe and greyish looking, it should be nude. I think Michael Costello is a talented designer but all his dresses look like it took 20 minutes to make and they all look like replicas of other haute couture designers from years past. Although he dresses a lot of A list women, I’m still not impressed.

16. googoo says:

Thank you @90 ! I was going to say for her to be “Beyonce” that wig is incorrect. Otherwise she looks ok.. I am not feeling that make up at all and I thought the performance outfit was cute but the performance was subpar at best.

17. jt says:

I love her hair!

18. Westafricanmutt says:

I love Bey, but Imma HATE this dress. Sooooo tired of the sheer look. Gimme something else, ladies.

19. Sara says:

No on all counts. Her true age is starting to show.

20. Critically says:

What a f*cking Tramp

What a tramp

22. John says:

She looks like a 2 bit street walker —- How much???

23. bee.fly says:

So we are making dresses out of table runners and dooleys?

24. HornyNow says:

I’m hard now! I’d tag that from behind!

25. The truth says:

Ewwww^^^^

26. Joan Price says:

When it comes to sexy dresses, I don’t know if it gets any sexier then that! I mean just look at that fabric! Absolutely stunning!

27. Whitney G says:

The dress was cute but we have seen her in much better!! Hated her hair let it go looks a little like a wet dog

28. Mrs C says:

Beyonce can’t win to lose.She sings and dances people say it’s same old and predictable. She goes lowkey,people say it’s boring and sub par.i personally liked the performance. At the 2012 Met gala she was fat,now she is too slim, Sheeesh!She tried to replicate the video, it was very nice,sexy and nice. So what if she lip synced? Did you pay to watch her perform? I agree that she should change her hair,makeup and stylist. They are no more styling her properly.But she looks good

29. Serenity says:

Beyonce looked hot! I just don’t like this type of dress is all.

Michael Costello is doing a lot these days. Good for him. PR losers always have better careers than the winners

30. Hollyjae says:

I love this look and I enjoy the edgy look with the make up and hair. As far as the performance, no it was not her best production wise, but her voice is undeniable! I honestly this that the grammy’s took away from everyone’s performance. It was like everyone was watered down too me.

31. Ana says:

Some of you sound like you shop at Walmart wearing better outfits. Really ?

32. Nadia says:

I love the dress on camera, but when you look up close, it doesn’t seem as well done as I expected. Nevertheless, it is a great outfit and really well styled! *runs off to the gym*

If you voted “Hmmm..not moved”, you’re officially a hater.
    Bey looks HOT!

34. No, Bey, No.

It reminds me of a wedding gown and not a very cute one. Surprisingly I like her hair I wish she would’ve worn something from Versace I know Donatella has something for her to slay in. Can’t win em all.

35. Leelee says:

I don’t get what everyone else is NOT seeing! I LOVE this look!! -Minus the red lip. A nude lip with the bold eye would have done better. I think the edged out hair with the white lace gown gives more of an unexpected, avant garde twist..would have been bored with a softer do. I rarely love Beys looks and while I do agree with them usually coming off forced, this ones a winner for me!

36. Jay Are says:

Ok….
    1. The red carpet hair was most def. last minute- I can see your closure girl!
    2. She should not have tried to top that Met Gala look especially because since then this look has been done by so many ladies it’s exhausting.
    3. & while everyone was screaming “yaasss!” THE PERFORMANCE had me so disappointed, I kept waiting for it to get good. Rumor is that there was supposed to be water falling on her hence the wet hair look but Grammy mgt. could not allow it. I knew she knew that was a mediocre performance, but I guess she is no longer concerned with perfection.
    4. Meaning I just typed all this for nothing? lol maybe

37. Mic says:

This chick is paint by the numbers all the way. There is not an original bone in her body.

38. Anon says:

Hold on is that Jesse McCartney in the background of the fourth picture? Lmao.

39. hmmm...wait says:

Bey looks like Kelly inspired her to lose a few extra lbs…

40. So Hot. I love this look. That is one hell of a dress.

Check out my Grammys best dressed list on my blog.

41. noela says:

Ilove the Bra she wore,when can i buy it

42. NYC chick says:

Although I really disliked her performance, I actually liked the red carpet look on her. I even like the lip and the hair. Its a little naughty & nice…edgy & fem. I like that she tried something different although I wish she was a little more covered up at least.

I don’t know what a closure is. I’m assuming its the front of a weave? Either way this looks infinitely better to me than that dry, early 2000s horse hair she usually wears. I think we’re just used to seeing her in that. This is more modern, young and stylish IMO

43. Tomek says:

The dress with the same lace in our collection “Mia Lavi”!

up close i think the dress cou;dve been better made. from afar it looks good tho. I’m not a fan of this hair

45. aries says:

Rihanna wore a dress similar and I like it on Rihanna better. her hair and makeup was better.

46. Veronica Lodge says:

Look at how you all worship this puppet, The dress would of been better in black.

Can Queen B get a break she’s too fat she’s too skinny she’s too private she’s too sexy she can’t sing she can sing she and jay z too private she’s was pregnant or was she makeup never right her makeup beautiful WTH can’t please anybody …..lol Go B