January 24th, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: LaShawn from New Jersey

We’re ending the week with Lashawn from Harrison, New Jersey:
lashawn from jersey
She simple described her style as, “Parisian Chic.”
8 LaShawn from New Jersey
As for the rest, she allowed the pictures to speak for themselves:
2 LaShawn from New Jersey

0LaShawn from New Jersey

LaShawn from New Jersey

99 LaShawn from New Jersey

LaShawn from New Jersey
I love this just based off your creativity and confidence! I love the red and blue ensemble!
Lashawn didn’t include her Instagram name, but requested we included the hashtags #dressmelashawn #dressmedressme #fashionbloggerlashawnw #fashionstylistlashawnw #emergingstylistlashawnw.
Alright! What do you think?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
43 comments

43 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: LaShawn from New Jersey”

1. Dobe says:

I really like this! I don’t love all of it, but you can’t deny her originality and confidence.

My favorite look is the one with the grey fedora and metallic heels… slayed!

2. Noirre says:

I like her style. Luv that grey, striped jacket.

3. Aynai says:

I like a lot of her pieces I’ve might have styled some differently , but as I look at her attire I’m intrigued and I’m wondering wear does she shop?

I refuse. Just no

5. Burgundy says:

Interesting looks. Love that pink coat with fur.
    Burgundyboutique.bigcartel.com

Ya’ll play too much.

7. fly won says:

that black ruffled top!!!>>>

8. southern says:

pretty tacky

9. amber says:

Some yes, some no. That first pic was givin me Re-Run from Whats Happening and it was hard to erase that from my mind.

10. heyyyall says:

Some hit’s..

11. jeda says:

the pieces individually work, but put together not so much. My favorite pieces are the ruffled black top and the plaid dress. Just, the styling needs a little work.
    Blessings

12. simplyMe says:

I voted “some hits, some misses” but I LOVE her originality. She doesn’t look like the typical weave wearing, designer bag holding bombshell.

I LIVE for the plaid dress.

Bravo my dear, continue to do YOU!

13. Emitoye says:

Love her style and her confidence! She is a Queen!

14. tahlyuh says:

Overwhelmed once again.

I like the red and black tartan dress. I’d style it different, but it’s my favorite piece in this submission.

The poses and facial expressions…

15. Bihari says:

I think she is a true fashion bombshell. To me a bombshell is based off on not what she wears but how she wears it. Though I personally would not wear any of her pieces I don’t think that matters as she seems to be using this platform to showcase her unique style not ask for approval.
    Bravo on a great close to the week

16. mi manning says:

like the last look…other than that, there’s a lot going on!

17. Brandon says:

Yo I am sooooooo sorry but I couldn’t get through all of the pics without laughing. Love her confidence though! The velour jumpsuit? Forreal? Come on sis!

18. Chuntel says:

I hate it

19. Miss Meika says:

People already don’t respect Jersey as is and this didn’t help. It was too matchy w/plaid shirt & socks… blue velor jumper and blue shoes… 3 different shades of pink w/the hat, coat & shoes… No ma’am!!!!!

20. Okay. *deep breath* This girl is more of a bombshell than what we usually see. She gets an A for originality and an “actual” style. It may not work for some but it’s not am imitation at all. Its what true personal style is all about. The facial expression and poses are a bit over the top – but she can evolve from that. Some of the choices don’t quit work but I applaud her for no peplums and no bodycon. I bet she will resubmit in a few months or a year and will have refined her tastes and style a bit. But I give her a GIANT A for what she has submitted.

21. Mimi says:

Her style is on point, but she sure has a face ONLY a mother could love. Yikes!!

22. melissa says:

i know lashawn she has a boutique called offthehangerboutique.com, i follow her on ig. she’s always dope. i love her style. Kudos lashawn. i was pleasanlty surprised to see a familiar face on fashionbombdaily

23. tlc246 says:

Love the red/black dress.

24. Anon says:

^^^^@ Mimi

Bullsh**. She’s pretty! Her features are exotic. Peep that bone structure in her side profile pics. So the last “duck face” pic is not the most flattering, but newsflash: “duckface” isn’t cute on anyone.

I vote bombshell. Though her clothes aren’t exactly my taste, I must admit that her style is confident, consistent, and original.

25. Kia says:

This tomfoolery here…. There are great pieces, but you must have a strong foundation. That pink lipstick is not the business and I am not a fan of the hair. Its harsh put altogether. Sorry, next~

26. ilike2smize says:

The buffalo plaid dress is gorgeous….but the rest is a big CHOP. HIYAHHHHHH!!!!

You wrong for that plaid sock, Miss Thing.

27. Chaboogie says:

No likey!

28. Mary says:

I was won over with the plaid dress! Country cousin meets city chic!
    Her facial expression and posture ruined an otherwise wonderful submission.

This doll is giving me originality, unique pieces and her styling choices def keeps one on their toes. I commend her for having an individual sense of aestitic. Not my personal taste – but im not mad at her. (Except for the plaid socks) hehe

30. Stylefordays says:

OMG look how many Felicias on this post. Bye Felicia. This chick Style is beyond dope. You must follow her on Instagram. Dressme dressme. What I’ve learned is that you have to ignore haters and not give them a platform. It would be nice to see some of these wannabes who think Style is tight dresses, a bundle of hair and a designer bag that they probably can’t afford. Clearly many of you shop in commercial stores and do not know the half as it pertains to fashion. No worries Lashawn, keep doing you’re thing while the critics will do nothing either themselves other than stalk post. Bye Felicia

31. I love how you don’t always showcase cookie cutter bloggers. It inspires me to step out of the box from time to time.

Great job Lashawn!

32. Stylefordays says:

Error, while the critics will do nothing with themselves other than stalk post. …

33. Nyc chick says:

Some hits and misses. I like the plaid dress

34. Marsha says:

I like some of her pieces, but I’m not a fan of the styling. As some already said, I find it too matchy matchy and I think it dates the wearer. I do love the plaid dress look though!

35. JayEliz says:

Her style is definitely unique and she has some great pieces. I can understand why some people felt it was too matchy. However that was not the main issue for me. The hats used in the outfits threw a lot off for me. I would have loved to see everything without the hats because the looks would have been much more on point. Kudos on your feature!

love the black ruffle top…hunny YASS!!

37. love says:

some yes, some no, some needed a bot of tweaking to be a yes! what I like about her is that her style is polarizing and in a way i think thats kind of dope. It keeps it interesting. after all its just clothes have fun!

38. wapagirl says:

Boooooo! Booooooo!(throws tomatoes)

39. Lola Reggy says:

This is definitely not Parisian Chique, I bet she’s never been to Paris! But it sure is creative and a lot of fun! I am in love with that fedora, grey jacket, cool jeans and silver pumps look! Love that look so much and I would so wear it!!! And I agree with some others, there’s a lot going on. If she here and there would let the focus be on one thing instead of everything she would be just DIVINE!!
    I think she makes some of the things her self, I don’t think she actually shops somewhere. And if she makes some things I think I would most def like to order some!

40. Sewing needle says:

Fashion ideas gone sorta wrong. I sew many of my own clothing but this right here is a little tacky. I respect the risk that she takes, but just no!

41. Stephane says:

Parisian chic?! Certainly not the most accurate description of her style.

The only outfit I can remotely respect is that tartan dress.

Where are you going with velour jumpsuit? To sleep or back to 2001.

42. Kandi says:

I have to admit the velour sweatsuit outfit had me skeptical about her bombshell capabilites. When I saw the other photos I was pleasantly surprised. I see where she is going with her looks. I actually liked pictures 2, 3, 4 and 5! Not typical, but cute. She rocks it. The first and last pictures are misses for me.