January 23rd, 2014
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
By Faith

Lupita Nyong’o stopped by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon in a Cushnie et Ochs Purple Blouse and Trousers from the brand’s Spring 2014 collection:

lupita-nyongo-late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-cushnie-et-ochs-1

Lupita didn’t stray too far from the runway spin, only deciding not to wear the look’s silver choker.

cushnie-et-ochs-spring-2014

To quote Alicia Keys: this girl is on fire!

lupita-nyongo-late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-cushnie-et-ochs

What do you think? Hot! or Hmm…?

lupita-nyongo-late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-cushnie-et-ochs-1

Images: Theo Wargo/Getty Images North America

43 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm… Lupita Nyong’o’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Cushnie et Ochs Spring 2014 Purple Blouse and Trousers”

1. Who?Me? says:

She looks fab!

2. mi manning says:

i’m sorry…i don’t wanna see her no time soon! it’s too much…I’m starting to resent her b/c i see her too much! her style is okay, nothing special. i felt the same way about Rihanna…but this is ridick!

3. Sasha says:

I love the outfit and her body is amazing but the fit is not that great. The fit was better on the model than Lupita.

4. Mrs.L says:

Actors are under contract to do press for their movies, especially during awards season. She is doing wonders for her movie, her career, dark skinned women, and women considering the big chop. I would have like to see maybe some bangles or drop earring for more of a ” pop”, but this is a beautiful woman.

@mi manning.. too damn bad! I say give me more and more of this beauty.

6. randomnone says:

@mimanning you are just going to have to gag hunty!

Its hot!!

7. mi manning says:

ok…so b/c she’s beautiful and dark-skinned with chopped hair it’s okay to throw her in our face and be apotheosized. i wonder if all would feel this way if she were a couple hues lighter with hair down her back! stop being partial people…and I’m brown-skin.

furthermore, screw that slave movie! like what we need to see is another movie about Moors being oppressed,
    suppressed, and depressed…but I digress. Sorry to say that, if there was slavery, which I don’t think it was, at least not like that, b/c there’s no way in hell Moor women were gonna let that crap go down! Now, they get African actors to play the slave roles now (with the exception of Django Unchained).

I could see if she were playing the role of a super hero…mighty powers, flying in the air, turning invisible, saving the planet…but I don’t want to look at her and see “slave”…and if you don’t like what I’m saying…”that’s just too damn BAD”!

8. Your seat awaits... says:

@mimanning

OR… you can just not click and comment on posts featuring Lupita. It’s not rocket science. You just exposed yourself to more of her by clicking the link.

People love Kerry Wash and she’s a few hues lighter with a weave so……………

sad that we can’t be happy for a beautiful black woman making it in Hollywood! This is why black folks can’t get anywhere!!!!!!!!!

#staypressed
    #queenlupita
    #getintothatbeautifulskinchile

9. Regis says:

Complex Simplicity is Lupita. She was born to be a star!

10. PhD Girl says:

@Mimanning Girl bye. There’s nothing worse than an undergrad who stumbled upon some random article or book, who suddenly feels empowered to wax poetic on the history of slavery or whatever miscellaneous topic. I can’t even begin to deconstruct all the drivel in your posts.

Now, back to the topic on hand, Lupita looks fire. Give me more, give me more.

11. SMV says:

@mi manning

take several seats. This girl is a trained Actress- YALE Graduate. She is Working. She is promoting a movie. She is an Oscar nominee.And she is stunning……i mean.. just stop it.

12. MsA says:

@ PhD Girl- Ok?! Like for real…

13. Catie d. says:

Love her ! She always gets it right !

14. Chuntel says:

I think this is the first color I’ve seen her in that does her no justice…people of all skin tones may wear colors that don’t compliment them and I don’t like this color on her plus the ‘suit is just alright

15. Jessy says:

“k…so b/c she’s beautiful and dark-skinned with chopped hair it’s okay to throw her in our face and be apotheosized. i wonder if all would feel this way if she were a couple hues lighter with hair down her back! stop being partial people…and I’m brown-skin.”

Because there are no lighter/longer-haired women being ‘apotheosized’ in the media. Quit complaining for the sake of being a devil’s advocate and celebrate Black beauty!

16. Jessy says:

PT II:

You don’t think slavery happened? Lol…

Please continue to throw Lupita in my face, and throw her in my little nieces face, just fling her my way! Thanks

She looks gorgeous. I really appreciate her beauty and I don’t see ‘slave’ when looking at her (but I guess like the majority of people, I’m able to separate the actress from the role she played).

19. UnalteredBeauty says:

@ Mi Manning

I was preparing to hand you your a**, but I see “PhD Girl,” “SMV” and “Jessy” have already done so. Carry on.

20. Brittany says:

@unalterated beauty
    Ditto.

I am HERE for Lupita and her style! + so proud of her accomplishments thus far as a student, actress, and young black woman. More, more, more! : )

22. Jei says:

More Lupita please! I have not even seen the movie but the girl is undeniably gorgeous! Love her && her style!

23. Lola Reggy says:

This girl/ young woman is just a lot of class!! She is always right on with what she wears. I adore her style. And I hope to see and hear much more from her. I am proud. Keep on rocking my girl!

24. Grace says:

She’s stunning and flawless per usual but I think this outfit is missing some accessories.

25. Did I really read a comment that said something like “I’m tired of seeing her”? and they’re not talking about Kim Kardashian?

A beautiful, talented, brown girl is a media darling, which is very rare, and already you’re sick of seeing her? I’ll place that comment in my GTHOH file with Nene’s comment about not liking her hair, Yes, she had the nerve to come for Lupita’s hair and she’s in these streets looking like George Washington dipped in Chocolate with that hideous blonde lacefront. Fly away, Linnethia.

Anyway, she looks great I love that color on her, I wish she chose better accessories to go with it. Keep slaying, Lupita.

26. fav1 says:

I just spit my water out!!!! @The Brooklyn Bombshell “She’s in these streets looking like George Washington dipped in Chocolate” HA!!!

OK now about Lupita, she gets it right because its simple! not over done…I love and a lot of people need to take notes.

27. GTFOH says:

@Mi Manning did I really just read a comment where you said that you don’t believe it was slavery? B***h bye and go play in traffic! I’m tired of all these black women straight hating saying extra stupid things out of there mouth! SMDH! This girl said she tired of seeing this girl! when they show Kim Kardashian, Beyonce, and everybody else more! Girl if you don’t like it, stop clicking on it! So I guess natural women are out? I guess skanky, fake hair and fake body women with fake breast and ass are in. SMDH this women said she doesn’t think there was slavery! Really! I wish you would show your face, because you slower then Porsha off ATL Real houswives. GGGIIIIRRRRL HHHMMM!

28. GTFOH says:

Mediatakeout’s and Bossip crowd has crept there way on here huh? I can’t and @Mi Manning something tells me your not black, just based off of your comment alone. I smell a troll.

29. Jihan says:

You guys have me weak!

30. mi manning says:

you a**holes are right! I aint black…b/c in America, black is a status not a nationality! and black means dead…it’s a dead status. in older dictionaries, like randomhouse college dict.. , black means pale or bleached…so again, I aint black! I’m a Moor…my people were the original copper-skinned Indians the European found on this soil. I said I didn’t think slavery happened like that! as far as Beyonce, Kerri, and Kim K., they’re not on here that much, and like I said before, I was sick of seeing Rihanna as well. I don’t care if she went to Yale, Harvard, or Oxford,…I’m still sick of seeing her and her style is mediocre…it aint all that!

must be nice being on her payroll though…getcha money ladies! i aint mad atcha!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

@mimanning… little girl.. go to your room now!! Making no damn sense.

32. Jessy says:

Kim K’s ‘not on here much’? Now you’re trolling. Or slow. Or both. Well, I never would’ve thought we’d hear someone complaining that someone with substance and Ivy-League educated is given too much attention on here…

Don’t worry, your girl Keyshia Ka’oir will be back next week with outfits that are more of your speed.

33. tieasha carrawhack says:

Well lupita has been on here everyday for the last month or so with nothing grounbreaking. Just saying. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. Yall some mean bitches!

34. iheartkeya says:

Beautiful, talented, well spoken, educated, fashionable, and classy. I would LOVE nothing more than continuing to see this lovely black woman all over the place. :)

35. It’s about the outfit, nothing else. The color and fit do nothing for her body or complexion. She usually looks great, but this was a poor choice.

36. 2 cents says:

Gotta be honest…I finally saw 12 Years a Slave and am not happy that this is the role Hollywood chose to celebrate. Not taking *anything* away from this chocolate sista…
    But we do realize that in the movie she was raped and flogged, the object of the white woman’s scorn and the white man’s lust.
    Why are these the only roles Black women can be acknowledged for in Hollywood? Halle Berry having graphic sex, Hatte as a maid, Lupita as a slave…does no one else see this as a slap in the face?

37. Sikhunjulwe Vinqi says:

I cant faulty anything about her natural glow and effortless style love her

38. THE REAL TRUTH TELLER says:

MORE LUPITA POST PLEASE! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL AND MAKES ME PROUD TO BE A DARK SKIN NATURAL HAIRED AFRICAN WOMAN. SHE SPEAKS VOLUMES WITHOUT EVEN SAYING MUCH. @Mi Manning PLZ DO US ALL A FAVOR AND SHUT THE F UP! GO PREACH YOUR BULL SOME PLACE ESLE YOU HATING ASS HEFFA!

39. Jessy says:

Jennifer Hudson won an Oscar playing a singer.

40. Jessy says:

Forest Whitaker, Morgan Freeman, Jamie Foxx, Cuba Gooding Jr., Whoopi, Louis Gossett Jr. and of course Sidney Poitier won Oscars. Even though they didn’t play warm and fuzzy characters, Monique and Denzel won Oscars for non-slave/maid roles. A quick Google search will dispel the false belief that blacks only win Oscars for slave/maid roles (who else besides Octavia and Hattie has won for a servitude role)?

Look at the current Best picture nominees. Light-hearted, rom-com type movies don’t win Oscars often.

41. Tiffany says:

I adore this woman. Her hair. Her makeup. Her beautiful skin. Her shape. Her smile. Her choice of clothes.FLAWLESS! I see comments about the color not doing her justice but I think it looks lovely! MORE LUPITA!!!!

42. Miss Medusa says:

@ Jessy… melanin-rich females who win are the ones who played one of the three stereotype of so-called black women; mammy, Jezebel, or Sapphire. We know Hatti was the mammy, halle was the Jezebel (placage system), Whoopi, was the loud-mouthed Sapphire (although funny as hell in Ghost), jennifer Hudson was a Sapphire, Mo’Nique was just a monster I don’t even know why that sell-out ass Lee Daniels even made that movie! And the men were either in biopics docile, or slaves and criminals.

light-hearted movies might not be nominated but actors for light-hearted movies have won plenty!

43. SHARONGEE says:

THE MORE WE SEE LUPITA THE MORE WE ENAMORED BY MEDIA AND THE MEDIA ITSELF GET USED TO SEE DARK SKINNED WOMEN ON CAMERA AND IN PRINT. SHE IS OUR WESLEY SNIPES AT THIS CURRENT TIME IN ENTERTAINMENT. SO DARK SKINNED BEAUTIES BE PROUD BEAUTIFUL AS IF YOU ALREADY WEREN’T…YOU ARE RECOGNIZED!