January 23rd, 2014
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm

Laura Govan sizzled at a Love and R&B event last night in LA!
She hit the red carpet in a Céline Black Peplum top worn as a dress, and $795 Red Saint Laurent Jane Sandals:
Laura Govan's Tank Love & R&B Event Celine Peplum Black Dress and Saint Laurent Pumps
Stylist Daniel Hawkins finished her look with a few well placed flourishes: red lips and a Givenchy clutch.
Her dress was actually modeled as a top in Céline’s Pre-Fall 2013 collection.
Laura Govan's Love & R&B Event Céline Pre-Fall 2013 Peplum Black Dress and Saint Laurent Jane Sandals
Her classic Saint Laurent sandals have a platform and a thin ankle strap.
Laura Govan's Love & R&B Event Céline Peplum Black Dress and Saint Laurent Jane Sandals
Love it! Just wish the top/dress were about 1-2 inches longer.
What say you?

Images: @LauraMGovan/@1800dhawk

30 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Laura Govan’s Love & R&B Event Céline Pre-Fall 2013 Black Dress and Saint Laurent Jane Red Leather Sandals”

1. Smh says:

Why is she always naked?! Ughh She never leaves the house as a respectable female. Smhh.

Ladies, you can still look cute while covered.

2. Grace says:

If it were a tad longer, it would indeed be perfect. How does one sit down in that?

3. Jacquelyn says:

Hmmmmm.

OMG! This looks cheap! is this PVC? I can’t believe its Celine. It looks like something out of a sex shop.

I like it but it’s too tight, too short, and looks very uncomfortable. Can she breathe?????

Her hair is so pretty, she is to though, but I just really like her hair

7. TheCaseGirl says:

I actually love this on the model. She SLAYED! I would so where this in all black. CRAZY DOPE! On Her? NOT SO MUCH!

8. Belle says:

Isn’t there a point when a grown mother feels the need to cover her ass? I woulda liked it if she was 20. I wore short stuff then too. But there’s a time to act your age…

9. Dobe says:

Too short; looks better modeled as a top. Her hair is cute, though. Reminds me of a style I used to wear in JHS.

10. Ms_Noodle says:

Cute dress! But no cute a grown women pushing 40. Dress your age, Laura!

11. Ms_Noodle says:

Oops! *Not a cute dress on a

12. Ms_Noodle says:

My grammar mistakes aren’t cute! Lol! *Woman

13. No Hose Allowed says:

Tacky, Cheap, Trash. So Woody Wood Pecker’s fashion has evolved from showing her saggy titties to her old ass, how classy.

Ugly ass hell and it doesnt look correctly tailored to her body

15. NYC chick says:

I think she looks amazing! Doesnt look cheap to me at all. Plus Pleather is in!

People just don’t like her and are being biased. Beyonce is consistently more naked this and wears shorts (I.e. denim panties) and short skirts and people say she looks great… Hmm

16. Iheartkeya says:

Oh wow! Lol I think if the dress was a tad bit longer it would’ve been perfect. Hair and makeup are very pretty and I like the simple shoes that also serve as a pop of color. But when your stylist is Daniel Hawkins, you can rarely go wrong. Just look at the fabulous Marlo Hampton

I like the concept, but feel that she should have went with something that complimented her shape more. Love the shoe!

18. FashionEnthusiast says:

Love the concept. However, she should have went with something that complimented her shape more. It looks great on the model paired against the pants. Love the shoe though!

19. binks says:

I like the ideal of the dress but not the execution of the dress especially on Laura.

Every time you see her it doesn’t look effortless, she tries entirely to hard and still looks like a groupie/tween.

21. DeeFresh says:

When Beyoncé wears a stage outfit or has shorts on on the beach or with boots as se leaves the club she is NEVER this risky. All she has to do is drop something or fall and all the goodies are on display. It’s a top, wear it as such. I am also curious as to how you would sit down in that. Laura looks good in a lot of other things, this just isn’t one for her, in my opinion. And I don’t stand by the whole act and dress your age bit because otherwise Jada Pinkett should be in a coverup on the beach.

22. DeeFresh says:

Her makeup and shoes are bomb though !

23. I’m with you, Claire. Aside from the too-high-hemline, the dress is gorgeous!

24. S says:

Well first of all, it’s modeled as a top because IT IS a top. It’s cute enough but not every piece of clothing is suitable for everybody. I just think Laura keeps wanting to show her “tuckus” when she’s of an age when being a little more modest would be more flattering and quite frankly classier for a mother of four. Also, being more modest Does Not Mean you can’t be sexy.

I would say if you must be a sex kitten, then be a sex kitten for your man’s eyes only. I think women these days confuse Being sexy with showing lots of skin. Being sexy and showing lots of skin don’t necessarily go hand in hand. You can be sexy covered from head to toe. Sexy is a state of mind.

25. Looks like she’s trying too hard as usual.

26. Kay Jay says:

I agree with NYC Chick. If this was Beyonce everyones opinion would be completely different. Majority of everyones opinion is based on her character on bbw

27. Laura looks like a grown woman wearing a little girls’ dress. She should have worn it as a shirt, with matching leggings that way her a** would be covered.

She looks gorgeous in terms of her face but dress…no

29. Lola Reggy says:

Hahaha, I love this! wear it as a dress, why not!! It is too much and heavy for just a top! But two little things, if it was a bit longer bare legs would be very ok, but with this length I would put some thights under it, you know to be a bit more covered up! But other then that I love this!

30. socialb_jess says:

I can’t with Laura. I think she tries so hard to be fashionable but just ALWAYS falls short of being on point. This is just another example of her tried and failed attempts!!