January 23rd, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Martha from New York

Today’s Bombshell is Martha from NYC!
image
She writes, “I was first featured on your blog July or June of 2011…”

99  martha from new york.jpg
“… My style has changed a bit.”

88  martha from new york.jpg
“My style is Chic and Simple sometimes with a fashion and edgy twist…”

090  martha from new york.jpg
“… I don’t follow trends.”

5  martha from new york.jpg
” I simply wear what makes me feel comfortable and what looks good on me.”

3  martha from new york.jpg
“Here are my pictures, not sure if you guys tag my at on instagram but it’s @mdollnyc.”

00  martha from new york.jpg
“I am a fashion blogger and army wife born in Venezuela but I was raised in New York.”

8  martha from new york.jpg
” Thank You and I Hope you pick me once again.”

martha from new york
“I also want to wish you a Happy New Year, best wishes to you in all you do this 2014 and have a Blessed day.”

1  martha from new york.jpg
Thanks! Loved your submission.
Reflect on Martha’s first Bombshell post here, and follow her on Instagram @mdollnyc.

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
50 comments

50 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Martha from New York”

1. ChooseyLover says:

Noting here to see. Only toes hanging off shoes.

2. tahlyuh says:

Something is off. I can’t put my finger on it though.

An improvement from her first submission. The beauty of evolution.

3. Jen says:

I agree with Tahlyuh something is definitely off. Cute girl tho

4. i.m.kells says:

Cute style! My fave is the black lace skirt with the coral-colored sandals.

5. InMyOpionion says:

Pretty lady! But nothing fashion noteworthy here.

6. Nina says:

These bombshells of late have been a big disappointment.

7. marguerite says:

i thought she great from the ankles up. cheap shoes will fuq up any outfit. step ya shoe game up ladies.

8. Key says:

Cute! Just upgrade the shoes a bit and change up that hair. Then she will be good to go :)

9. Marsha D says:

She needn’t ever do a smokey eye……

10. HEYYALL says:

BORING..

11. mrs. PMS says:

y’all some judgey-wudgey byotches on here! i bet half y’all look cheap as hell!

12. heyyall says:

Oh hush.. u bet nothing @ Mrs. PMS.. let us think what we think

13. Ispeakthetruth says:

Everyone is saying something is off- I tell you whats off. HER TEETH!!!

Lmao I cant with these entries lately…

15. I was not inspired by anything sorry….

16. KD says:

Pet Peeve “… don’t follow trends.” Unless you’re making your own clothes and fabric, you are following trends. If you get a receipt from a store, more than likely, you are following trends.
    Bomber Jacket – trend
    Neon – Trend
    Peplum – Trend (love that dress btw – it is beautiful)
    One Shoulder accordion pleated sleeve dress – dead trend
    It’s okay to follow trends, jeesh, that’s what they are there for.

rant over.

17. Grace says:

@ISpeakTheTruth-agreed! I hate to see people invest in clothes, cars, etc but you won’t go to the dentist?!

@KD I was thinking the same thing. Clothes look store bought to me so yes, you follow trends. Sorry.

18. Grace says:

@KD, I was thinking the same thing! Those clothes look store bought to me, thus, you’re following trends!

@Ispeakthetruth, you ain’t neva lied! How does one invest time/money/effort into fashion yet going to the dentist isn’t a priority?! C’mon son!

hey makeup looks clownish.. & her smile is suspect. Nothing fashionable about the lady

20. fav1 says:

Ditto to @Grace and KD…lol, I can’t smh! I love that zebra skirt though :)

21. No shade. Well a little shade, but how did she get selected as a fashion bombshell the first go round? This one is just not really stylish, but it’s not horrendous. The first one? With that frilly dress? Aye, yi, yi!!

22. MDOLLNYC says:

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE COMMENTS, MY TEETH IS PERFECT TO BAD YOU SEE IT THAT WAY, YOUR COMMENTS MAKES ME STRONGER THATS WHY I HAVE THE JOB I HAVE. SAD PEOPLE BASHES ON OTHERS BUT IT’S OK IF WE FOLLOW THE WORLD BY WHAT OTHERS SAY WE WILL BE SAD PUPPIES AND FOLLOWERS TO OTHERS. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS MY CONFIDENCE IS WAY TO HIGH TO FEEL BAD ABOUT IT, 2 TIMES AROUND WINNER. WISHING ALL OF YOU AND YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS A BLESS DAY.

23. tlc246 says:

I personally liked the submission.

24. anonymous says:

all of you are haters who wish you were featured God Bless Y’all haters

25. ANGELIQUE says:

YOUR STYLE IS AWESOME I LIKE IT AND I GET WHAT SHE SAYS ABOUT NOT FOLLOWING TRENDS SHE MAY LIKE A FEW TRENDS BUT DOESNT GO CRAZY AND APPLY IT AT THE MOMENT, you guys and your comments are so sad but thats what people do behind the internet since you are not seen you can say it to her face haters. KEEP UP THE LOOKS GIRL I LOVE IT. AND ILL BE FOLLOWING YOU ON INSTAGRAM @MDOLLNYC

Your Style is so Cute, following on instagram your simply fabulous bombshell

27. Gabriel H says:

Her Style is Simple yes but at least she’s not wearing nothing crazy like some of you people who calls that fashion, ill Date her Any day she’s very exotic.

28. Chace says:

Lovely Girl SO HOT AND EXOTIC.

29. grace says:

And her grammar is atrocious! #youtriedit

You are BEAUTIFUL and I love a lot of your pieces. Ignore the mean people and keep doing you! Good luck!

31. CanV says:

@MDOLLNYC: While I don’t agree with needlessly tearing other people down, and in general I liked your style, I have to say that this is your 2ND time submitting to FBD. Surely you have read the other fashion bombshell features.

I have and I know that here these ladies DON’T PLAY. If they don’t like something they WILL say something. I’m not trying to come down on you, its just that it confuses me when people submit to something publicly then get upset when they receive criticism. It’s as if they were only expecting praise…..

Its the same with most things in life, some will like it, some
    won’t. And here many will speak on it.

32. Jade says:

I definitely agree with CanV. If you submit your pictures for criticism, don’t be upset when you get some.

Also @Claire and crew, I love you guys to death but seriously, what is it with the “bombshells” of late? With the number of submissions you receive I’m surprised they are not of a higher quality.

33. Natasha says:

^^^ Former FBD Support Group? Seriously, I can see why it’s needed some days: as a whole, our comments lack tact.

It’s taken to another level sometimes and things get out of hand, but as long as there’s constructive criticism, it’s hopefully helpful. To even submit photos in the first place is an act of confidence so kudos to all the FBDs!

Marha’s 2nd submission is an improvement. I see a lot of properly fitted pieces -grey dress, white dress, animal print skirt – that just need different pairings. Extra points for getting more than one wearing from your pieces. Fav Fit: last one (copper trench/white dress).

34. Justme0728 says:

She has her own style. Just like I’m sure all of u do. It’s not fair for all of u to rip every bombshell apart simply because their style isn’t ur cup of tea. I think she looks fine. Nothing out of this world but not horrible either. I give each person credit for wanting to be featured considering the negative audience. I say do u n if u can’t say nothing nice then say nothing at all!!! Thx n god bless

35. MDOLLNYC says:

LIKE I SAID IT’S NOT ABOUT ME ACCEPTING YOUR APPROVALS OR NOT I KNOW THERE IS CRITICISM GOOD AND BAD MY STYLE SAYS SIMPLE AND CHIC I NEVER CAME ON HERE SAYING AM SOME FASHION CELEBRITY WITH STYLE WITH THAT SAID THANKS TO THE GOOD COMMENTS AND THANKS TO THE BAD ONES DOESNT CHANGE MY STYLE FOR ANYONE OR IMPROVEMENT ARTICLES AM LOOKING FOR. AND YES FOR SOMEONE REASON I WAS ACCEPTED TWICE CLAIRE KNOWS BEST AM NOT HERE FOR ANYONE TO AGREE WITH ME LIKE OR APPROVE ME.

36. Bribri says:

@MDOLLNYC Honestly your style has grown a lot from your first submissions. You had a couple of great looks in this submission, you just need to keep on refining your look. But you should be proud of how far your style as come.

37. MDOLLNYC says:

I AM VERY PROUD THANK YOU

38. MDOLLNYC says:

I AM VERY PROUD THANK YOU.

I’m more concerned with her writing skills in her first response above :-I I’d prioritize literacy over fashion.

That said, I actually think she has some hits and misses. I like some of the looks.

40. Kiki P. says:

I think she looks fine. Not exactly a “bombshell” but more like a style I could relate to in every day life. The only thing I would probably do is switch up the shoe game a little. And add some earrings to a couple of these outfits. Other than that, I see nothing wrong with her personal style.

To the anonymous user above, am sorry I didn’t leave a perfectly written comment, i didn’t know I was being judge on my writing as well or was this some sort of FBD perfect comment contest. I speak 3 language which you probably only speak one. Thanks for your ignorance and comment literacy lol that’s why the New York Times newspaper and the Huffington post feature on articles too right. I write daily for my blog and other known fashion magazines. I am also an Army Wife that does a lot to help others just as my husband fights for your freedom in this country question? what do you do, appear anonymously on sites and post negative things about every bombshell on here or comment on people’s style to make yourself feel better. http://www.mdollnyc.com @mdollnyc Thank you for those who are following, at the end of the day what makes me different is my style and how unique I am. God created me a certain way where I don’t need of the worlds comments approval, am sure there’s many of you and your style if I saw personally i wouldn’t wear but I’ll respect the fact, that it’s ur own style.

42. 2 cents says:

All the comments with caps lock and poor grammar: mdollnyc. Child, read a book and stop playing on the Internet.

43. LeRoque says:

I know this is the Bombshell off the day feature but I really liked what she had to say. She seems to be down to earth. Some other bombshells think they are soooooo fine. And your an army wife: that’s never easy. Hats off to you. I liked the zebra skirt look the most.

The people on here lack any taste! It has to be the same person trolling lol! MDOLL you must have really pissed someone off! Yes she submitted her photos for critiscism but what does her teeth have to do with anything? Those people talking probably look like feet and would never submit their fashion! Ugh someone was right people are probably coming from bossip and Mto because a lot of you are trash talking with your mean and lack of critiscism of her outfits but more criticizing her looks. You keep doing what makes you happy! I like your fashion and think you and your Teeth are beautiful. Why?because it’s the way God made you. I don’t think you should respond anymore because you are giving the trolls too much attention! Good day!

45. Sahar says:

I was against the criticism and people bashing her without giving constructive criticism until she kept talking. Clearly if she wasn’t worried about her haters she would keep it moving and keep it classy- a lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of the sheep. Ugh, her replies just left a bad taste in my mouth after I was coming to defend her. Tis’ all.

46. MsA says:

Her fashion is simple. Not simple and chic. Chile, that GRAMMAR!! 3 languages, but no punctuation? Mmkay.

47. Noirre says:

I’m with you @MsA; her style is simple. Nothing inspiring, but she looks nice.

48. JEG says:

My only question is why did she choose to submit this particular looks? I went to her instagram before I commented because I notice that some of these bombshells usually submit their mediocre looks, why I don’t know. Anyways I saw some great looks on her instagram page two of which were a black gown and white gown and she looked fab!She also had some cuter casual and cocktail looks as well.

49. Caramel_Mimi says: