January 21st, 2014
Fashion, Fashion News, Kanye West
Take A Peek At Kanye West’s Second Collection For A.P.C.
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

It’s hard to deny that Kanye West‘s last effort for A.P.C. was a little underwhelming, in spite of it selling out so quickly. But it looks like the rapper is stepping up his game with his second collection for the contemporary French label, which he presented in Paris over the weekend. This time around, West is using his personal style to inform his designs–a wise decision, as this collection is certainly far less bland than the last.

“I’ve been showing my ideas for 10 years on the front row of the runways.…Hip-hop is an expression of clothing,” the rapper told WWD. “Some people don’t understand that. “I’m really happy with this [collaboration] because I’m starting to be able to express myself.”

Kanye West Wears Custom Maison Martin Margiela for Yeezus Tour

The collection stays true to Yeezy’s persona aesthetic, and provides a range of options to flesh out any stylish man’s wardrobe. There are plenty of outwear options, most notably the oversized parkas (some fur-lined) with forward-leaning hoods, and a large shawl blanket. Of course, you’ll find some of Kanye’s trademark ski masks, but there are also smart button-ups layered with sweaters and t-shirts, and lots of denim.

This is definitely the most promising collection we’ve seen from West, which has me thinking that perhaps menswear is a better avenue for him to express his creative point of view. His first attempt at womenswear was universally panned in Paris, and critics weren’t feeling his second go either. Kanye is finally admitting that in retrospect, his collection wasn’t as great as he purported it to be. “I’ve had a bad education in fashion,” he admitted. “I learned fashion on Style.com.” He compares his approach to design back then as “ kind of like me hopping in a Lamborghini and driving really fast,” adding, “Jean is teaching me how to drive.”

Kanye West's Harvard Business School Talk Rick Owens DRKSHDW Ice Padded Bomber Jacket

What do you think?

~Jihan

Posted In
19 comments

19 Responses to “Take A Peek At Kanye West’s Second Collection For A.P.C.”

1. Mary says:

All of the screaming rants he does about black men in the media, yet he does exactly as other designers and pulls a pass with one black male model….

This idiot is so disappointing.

2. mi manning says:

don’t care for yeezy, but I admire his ambition and persistence to be a heavyweight in the fashion industry. I don’t blame him one bit! the net worth of these designers are in the over $100 million to billion dollar brackets. this is big business and you can’t go wrong unless you go Urban. rocawear, fetish, fubu, karl kani, sean john, mecca, ecko….what happened to them? yeezy tryna be karl, tom, and all em…aint mad…not that’s it’s anything wrong with urban lines, they just don’t last! they’re fads!

3. He has such a beautiful smile. Love to see it. Anyway, I like the new collection especially the hooded coat, he’s a true artist and has an eye for fashion so I’m hoping this will be a success for him.

4. Jbrizzy says:

Nope not here for it

5. Yonaton says:

You only see 3 models here and you assume he chose only one black model. Stop fussing for nothing. I’m excited to see the line and hope it’s fairly priced.

6. LC says:

Horrible that is all

7. lovelove says:

I think it looks great! it’s very him. I wouldn’t mind seeing my boyfriend in any of these looks. I think that mens wear is def more his avenue. Good job Yeezy!
    Sidenote: I wish people would give him a chance before immediately criticizing. Exactly what is so horrible about it? lol I mean he is a little crazy at times with the things that he says but a lot of very creative people are a little wacky. Can’t deny he is a trend setter and extremely creatively inclined and pushes the envelope past what any other rapper has done in the fashion industry.

8. andrea says:

I like the fur lined parka..that’s about it. He could have used blk models exclusively but i get why he didn’t..$$

9. AzizMom says:

Interesting. I need to see more.

Oh please..

I wish he would put those awful cl

I wish he would put those awful clothes over his head and breath slowly

*breathe

14. Lex says:

I like what I see so far. The pieces I do see look exactly like what Kanye would wear. I’m not so sure that’s a good thing. Since he is marketing to high society, I doubt they want to walk around looking like him. I think he should explore more and give a better cohesive variety.

I admire his ambition, and I like what is presented in this article. I just think he needs more variety outside of the “I’m a top secret karate chop ninja, can’t show my face in public” look.

15. Porsha says:

These pieces are knock offs of things that Kanye has worn from other designers. The fur lined parka is almost the exact same jacket as the ermanno scervino army green fur lined jacket and the black parka is similar to a Rick Owens jacket that Kanye has worn before. For a self proclaimed genius and fashion icon I find this really sad and tragic. Kanye claims to have all these great ideas but they sure aren’t showcased in this so called collection. Not hating because the pieces are not horrible but they are things that we have all seen before. I know fashion repeats itself but for someone like Kanye who wants to be respected and taken seriously in the fashion industry I would expect different.

16. Nicole says:

@ Porsha – and the jacket/wrap the third dude from the left is wearing is a knock off of my grandma’s bedspread ala the Martha Stewart Collection for Macys.

17. LadyLea says:

@Anonymous those typos are having you baaaadly… lets give Kanye a chance, he is an artist after all.

18. Is it just me says:

I understand his passion BUT there are thousands of young black and white men who are just as passionate ,who have been designing and sketching since they were children, who actually went to school obtained a degree and continue to sew and design out of their homes, working and hoping for the opportunity to be the next “Ralph”. The fact that he feels hes above everyone else simply because hes a hip hop artist with money and a semester or two of art school just makes me sick. Im jus sayin..

19. Katie says: