January 21st, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Ayomide from New York

We took a break from Bombshells with yesterday’s holiday, but are back with Ayomide from New York:
ayomide from new york
The Blogger for Fashion Freak African Chic says, “ I don’t believe my style fits into any particular category.”

3 Ayomide from new york.JPG
” I’ve always loved dressing up and putting outfit combinations together but have never really followed popular ‘trends’.”

6 Ayomide from new york.JPG
” However, because my family is from Nigeria, I do like to embrace my African heritage by wearing a lot of Ankara and African jewelry…”
2 Ayomide from new york.JPG
“.. as well as sporting natural hairstyles with my looks.”

Ayomide from new york
” For me the biggest component of my style is all about what makes me feel the most comfortable and confident.”

5 Ayomide from new york.JPG
” I do this by wearing clothes that work well with my body type…”
4 Ayomide from new york.JPG
“… and accentuate my best features.”

7 Ayomide from new york.JPG
You’re gorgeous and have a great figure! It’d be hard for you to go wrong. Love the bright colors and your smile. Bombshell!
See more of Ayomide’s looks on her blog Fashionfreakafricanchic.com and on Instagram @yomi_campbell.
What do you think?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
45 comments

45 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Ayomide from New York”

1. melissa says:

pretty girl, love the african printed skirts..#thatsallivegot. claire can i submit my photos, actually i did, and you just skipped me huh:-)

2. why isnt she modeling somewhere? hello forde models!

3. Claire says:

@Melissa We’ve got 695 people who have thus far submitted to be a Bombshell who haven’t been featured…but we’ll get to ya!

She has a nice figure, “modelesque”.

5. phoenixXII says:

She’s adorable and literally brightened my mood-
    Her style is her own-bombshell in my book :)

6. bella says:

no to the outfits but she definitely needs to be a model!

I concur with Bella!!!

8. Anonymous 2 says:

Ayomide, darling please submit your photos to a modeling agency in NY. You could even consider a nigerian modeling agency because Nigerian high fashion is booming. Good luck.

9. Enigma says:

Beautiful girl with a cute style. I love how she switches up her hair.
    This submission with the freezing weather in the Chi has me daydreaming about a tropical local!

10. Brittany says:

Aw, I thought she was cute, cheery, and youthful. I really liked her multicolored low wedge sandals.
    Also, who knew there were that many submitters waiting in the wings for their turn as Bombshell of the Day. Cool!

11. Blue Aka They Hating on me says:

Ummmmmmmm but hasnt anyone notice that is snowing outside!! shes from Brooklyn?!! Can we get some updated pictures. Like you with a COAT!!But pretty girl with beautiful smile

12. Hillary Bank says:

I loved her fun, colorful, flair

she is gorgeous and looks great!

Keep up the the good work, girl

13. Starrrr says:

the last look ! LOVE <3

14. SMV says:

She is soo cute. With a body like that everything looks good.

15. mary says:

I agree with everyone saying, you need to invest in head shots and get contracted! Your skin is beautiful!

I like her style! If I were to see her walking around I would assume she was from some place more be achy I.E. Florida, Cali.

I vote bomb!

16. heyyall says:

No Tooooooo bright.. pretty gril tho..

17. Fashion Chix says:

I love her look. Her skin is flawless. I am totally digging the African style. Get it!!!! She needs to be modeling, HANDS DOWN!

18. Lola Reggy says:

Ahhh I am in L O V E with capitals!!!! Indeed start modeling girl!!! And that outfit with the cap, yellow shirt and hotpants jeans, I am really really digging that. THat’s like my fave outfit!!!

19. Traci Smith says:

Hmm, I love her fun color palette, but there wasn’t much of a selection of styles. It is different and shit is unique, but I would’ve loved to see more quality fabrics.

20. Tash says:

I love this!!!! She didn’t over do anything, everything is nicely put! Gorgeous

21. Thanks for all the comments lovely ladies! And yes, I just recently started modeling. I was signed to an agency in NYC just a few weeks ago so everything is still in the works :)

22. EP says:

Love her looks and vibrant personality! You can get the skirt she wears in the 3rd picture from http://www.esosaparfait.bigcartel.com Discount code “WAKEUNITY” :)

23. Marthe says:

I love all the colorful outfits! Bombshell for me. And that Naija cap! YES YES YES!! And have fun modelling my dear :) xoxo

omggggg she is soooooooooooo pretty. looks like a Cali girl. LOVE

25. Shainna says:

I’m here for all of this. I love her use of vibrant colors. I can love the fact that she can tone it down as well. I’m living!

26. EP says:

Love her vibrant looks! Get her A-line skirt from the 3rd look from esosaparfait . bigcartel DISCOUNT code WAKEUNITY :)

27. Esta Fiesta says:

I LOOOVE her style! It’s super bright (especially for a New Yorker) and her use of Ankara is cute but not cliche. Doesn’t hurt how thin she is with great skin. Why aren’t you a professional model again hun?

28. SM says:

She is absolutely lovely! Her bright, colourful and cheerful style brought a smile to my face. Best of luck with your blossoming modelling career gorgeous.

29. Lex says:

@Blue, she probably submitted these photos during the summer time. Fashionbombdaily is probably just now getting the chance to post it.

I love her style and I think she is a very attractive female. I love the bright outfits, I think they go well with her smile.

30. FLEE says:

um NO!

31. I like her printed skirts…some fall/winter looks would have been nice.

32. selectivewords says:

There should be WINTER BOMBSHELLS and SUMMER BOMBSHELLS. She is definitely dressed for summer.

33. wapagirl says:

Ayomide Omotoshun :), beaurriful girl, ok style.

34. She exudes confidence. I think that’s the most important thing… As long as you’re comfortable in your skin, the opinions of others don’t matter. rock on, girl!! :D

35. Feather says:

Next. 80′s already did that.

36. Peaches says:

She looks lovely and well put together. These pics are from summer but her style is spot on ala Stella Jean with the African prints, she looks like model material.
    All in all a good look as far as her styling goes. Love

im here for the fast food joint across the street reflecting from the window

38. Rosie says:

Love the skirts.

HER OUTFITS LOOK LIKE THEY CAME FR FALLAS PAREDAS

40. Blossom says:

Gurl makes me want to hit the gym! Dayumm!!

41. 007 says:

Wait one damn minute….all the photos were taken from the same spot and judging by the foliage of the trees in the background during different seasons. Why? lol

42. Lisa says:

She’s one of my favorite features here. I usually don’t comment, but she deserves one!So gorg!

43. Kandi says:

CONGRATS on the modeling contract! Pretty smile and great colors!!

44. Naomi says:

Wowwwww gorgeous girl!! Loving the colors too. Her style is very fitting of her and very unique :)