January 16th, 2014
Awards, Featured, On the Scene
On the Scene: The 19th Annual Critics Choice Awards

It’s officially awards season!
The 19th Annual Critics’ Choice Movie Awards went down at the Barker Hangar in California, with a slew of celeb cameos.
Take a quick look at who came out to shine:
critics choice Lupita+Nyong+o+Arrivals+Critics+Choice+Awards+lA7pCnnWUAzx white dress
Lupita slays again! The 12 Years a Slave star won an award for Best Supporting Actress, and looked positively radiant for the big night in a white custom Calvin Klein Collection Bandeau Dress. Optic white on chocolate skin? Stunning!
nia long Nia+Long+Arrivals+Critics+Choice+Awards+Part+YnZ2J7YcRKQx
A carpet grazing black Jovani gown with mesh cut outs was the call for a bodacious Nia Long. She looks pretty amazing in whatever she wears.
Sandra Bullock attends the 19th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards at Barker Hangar on January 16, 2014
Sandra Bullock opted for a flouncy burgundy strapless Lanvin number. Hmm…not my favorite. What do you think?

cate blanchett Arrivals+Critics+Choice+Awards+ecS7VdZS4t3x
Lanvin was also on the menu for Cate Blanchett, who offset her forest green gown with bright red lips.
Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves are such a gorgeous couple! Camila stunned in a red Paule Ka frock, complemented by matching red sandals.
juliette  Arrivals+Critics+Choice+Awards+Gj7EWY_L_zZx
Juliette Lewis also opted for red in a form skimming flared Zac Posen number with a deep décolletage. She looks great!
julia roberts Matthew McConaughey (L) and Camila Alves attend the 19th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards at Barker Hangar
Julia Roberts was styled in a black and white Juan Carlos Obando printed gown, accessorized by a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses. Shades on the red carpet? That’s new.
Oprah+Winfrey+Arrivals+Critics+Choice+Awards+VOvKVH08s_7x
Oprah served all kinds of body in an emerald green Azzedine Alaia dress, belted at the waist to accentuate her hourglass shape. Yes!

Marlon+Wayans+Arrivals+Critics+Choice+Awards+iHu-M18Uqncx
Marlon Wayans is so…fine. He looked sharp and sophisticated in a black suit.

Margot+Robbie+Arrivals+Critics+Choice+Awards+x9RgoUHEqENx
I’m not super familiar with Margot Robbie, but I’ll be paying more attention now. I really liked her lace trimmed Elie Saab Spring 2014 jumpsuit.
Leonardo+DiCaprio+Arrivals+Critics+Choice+SGlKAFupaxbx
Her Wolf of Wall Street co star Leonardo Di Caprio kept things simple in a black suit and a button down, sans tie.
Aisha+Tyler+Arrivals+Critics+Choice+Awards+6mQkDrjbyHux
Aisha Tyler MC’ed the event, and hit the carpet in a lace Tadashi Shoji gown. Elegant!
0 Isaiah Washington (R) and Jenisa Marie Garland
Isaiah Washington and his wife Jenisa Marie Garland took a twirl down the red carpet.
Pharrell+Williams+Arrivals+Critics+Choice+K4K5KbDtgyEx
Lastly, my boo Pharrell looked yummy in a suit, with pants rolled up to expose his ankles. He always keeps it creative, and I love it.
What did you think of the night’s looks?

Images: Getty

14 Responses to “On the Scene: The 19th Annual Critics Choice Awards”

1. Margot Robbie is preeeetttty! I really liked her in Wolf on Wall Street.

Lupita shut it down again. So glad she won, hope it continues into the Oscars!

2. Claire says:

@Frost’s Instagram Ah, Wolf of Wall Street. I’ve been wanting to see that. I love Leo di Caprio! Anyway, yes..she’s gorge!
    And agreed with Lupita. I also need Oprah’s dress.

3. kateee says:

Pharrell… My God! So fine

4. above-par says:

Yessm Margot Robbie is bomb for sure, she was really good in Wolf on Wall Street, I loved that fact that she was Verscae’d DOWN in the whole movie

& Flawless Lupita, the always gorgeous Nia, and then Cate Blanchet

5. Lalala says:

Like most of the looks.

I’m sad Sandra chose that dress. She’s a beautiful woman – inside and out – who deserves to be dressed to perfection!

I like Margot, but I can’t believe she is only 23! She looks a lot older.

And then Lupita is 30? She looks much younger!

I’m sure their dates of birth must be mixed up lol.

6. Dom Dom says:

Margot is gorgeous!! It’s crazy that she used to be in Neighbours only a few years ago when I used to watch it now she’s acting alongside my absolute fave and Hollywood Royalty, Leonardo!!

Lupita…not much needs to be said, she’s perfection tbh.

I’m sorry but I cannot cosign Pharrell from the ankles down, rolling suit trousers up and then wearing smart shoes like those with no socks looks SO ridiculous. I just can’t.

7. NYC chick says:

This is one of my favorite looks on Lupita. Who’s her stylist??! He/she deserves an award! Margot also looks great as does Juliet

I usually love Sandra. Not so much here

Oprah’s waist is snatched! She’s lost some weight…she loves to show the girls

Camilla (mathew’s lady) never smiles…always looks sad

I do not like Pharrell’s rolled up suit, otherwise my former boo looks great

8. Westafricanmutt says:

Yo, this Margot girl is stunning and her look is very stylish and daring. APPLAUSE APPLAUSE.

Lupita…homegirl stays SLAYIN!!!!
    And how fast does her hair grow? She’s always done something new with it. LOL. She looks awesome.

9. Michelle says:

Margot Robbie is a beautiful woman. Plain and simple.

@NYCChick that’s EXACTLY what I was thinking – Lupita stylist wins this year. Are their awards for stylists? Anyone?

10. Martinique_Fr says:

Oprah looks Fantastic! BRAVO.
    Lupita and Margot are gorgeous and both look amazing!

Ms. Lupita…that woman… she’s magnificent.

Camilla, sweetie, what’s wrong???

Cosigning with @Michelle and @NYCChic… Lupita’s stylist (whoever he/she is) is the Truth!! Lupita looks radiant as usual. I wonder if FBD can get an interview with him/her. That would be amazing!

13. KS says:

Lupita made my jaw drop. She is stunning. I think this is my favorite look on her that white on her skin is beautiful.

14. BbyAngel says:

Pharrell is lookin fiiine! But why did he do that with his pants!!?