January 10th, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Tynette from Houston

We’re ending this fab Bombshell week with…another fab Bombshell. Today’s featured style maven is Tynette from Houston:
lynette from houston
She says, “My personal style is hard to explain because as my mood changes so does my style (can you tell that I’m a cancer, lol).”

SONY DSC
” Although I love to dabble in all styles from bohemian to very minimalistic contemporary looks, I’ve never been one to favor a preppy look on me.”

SONY DSC
“I like staple pieces that can withstand the test of time.”
5 Tynette from Houston
” Once I have my basics, I like to decorate my wardrobe with the trendy pieces.”

2 Tynette from Houston
” I also like edgy looks with a touch of something feminine like a single sole pump, a bejeweled necklace, or a pop of color on the fingernails.”

SONY DSC
” I love pairing designer pieces with something trendy like a jersey or a graphic t-shirt.”

SONY DSC
” I hate being uncomfortable in clothes so I tend to gravitate towards oversized/loose garments.”

3 Tynette from Houston
” Some of my favorite brands/designers include Vince, Alexander Wang, Chloe, Phillip Lim, Thakoon, Helmut Lang, Haute Hippie, Reed Krakoff, Brunello Cucinelli, Rag & Bone, and Theory…just to name a few, but my all time favorite is CHANEL.”

SONY DSC
You have a nice range of looks here! My favorite is your snake print sweater and sequined skirt.
What do you think of Friday’s Bombshell?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
24 comments

24 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Tynette from Houston”

1. Steph says:

Looks like a child wearing a grown ups clothes. Her proportions are all off so I’m voting a big hell no.

2. Major says:

I loooove her goyard style print shirt….I need deets! That powder blue trench is FAB!

3. heyyall says:

I like her style..Love her hair.. I don’t like her eye glasses (the sunglass ok)

4. Marthe says:

I just love her versatility and good pieces, actually her style is not too edgy but JUST edgy enough!! Love it and voted BOOOOOMBSHELL!

5. SMV says:

SHE IS A FASHION BOMBSHELL.

6. Brittany says:

No. She tried though. I liked her blue coat.

7. tahlyuh says:

Not keen on the 4th and 6th looks, but I like her.

She submitted 8 photos. Kudos to that!

8. andie says:

Her style isn’t what i would wear, but i like her. She stands out.

9. southern says:

her style and locs have been on my favorites list for years

10. mi manning says:

she tried.

11. Nice style. Favorite outfit is Goyard sweatshirt with shorts and powder blue coat. Yes!

12. KITANA says:

She is truly the bomb. Love everything about her. The hair, the suit jacket as a top, every one of her looks is complete.

13. Dreadful Beauty says:

Since I started locing my hair I’ve seen her pics floating around on the web and I must say, she can do much better than what she submitted here today.

Claire, any info on the Goyard shirt?

15. gingerbabe says:

Im officially over this site. People always pck people that dont have great style and call the “bombshells”. I blame that on the people who pick the people to have as bomshell of the day. I used to think that if you got chosen to be on this site, it menat you have great style. But now I feel if you do, most of you should consider that an insult. Note to claire: Hire people who know fashion or you will definately lose viewers including me!

16. mary says:

Tynette, while she shoe silhouette are perfect for your tiny frame, at times they were muted due to your oversized garments.

My only advice, next time you wear the sequin skirt pair it with a dark wash denim or chambray button down, tuck the shirt into the skirt…tie your hear up and use the color on your lips and shoes…I would opt for a red pump and red lip to make the look polished.

The white blazer and pant combo are perfect. Please next time steam your blazer to give the illusion of impeccable tailoring if you are going to go with the oversized look.

I’m not certain what’s in your head, but I can say it looks best pinned up or in a ponytail.

17. mary says:

Correction to post* Tynette, while your shoe silhouettes are perfect for your tiny frame, at times they were muted due to your oversized garments.

18. dana m says:

lol mary GIRL you are something else….i dont know why im still amazed by people and their ignorance. “im not certain whats in your head, but i can say it looks best pinned up or in a ponytail” ? whats in her head is hair obviously and they look like micro dreads (not sure)

love looks 1, 3, 5 and the last look with the coat!!!!!

thanks for sharing claire

19. NYC chick says:

I thought some hits and misses. She’s not that bad but she needs work. She is mixing high and low but somehow the look is just pedestrian in many of the shots. I think her hair color is bothering me too. I’m an ombré lady myself but this color is just too orange or sometthing…doesn’t work with her skin tone/make up choices

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOMBSHELLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

21. ANONymous says:

Love her style. She has great pieces and I like the way she puts them together. What’s throwing me off is the hair color. That ombré color comes across messy and not polished on her braids/locks. All one color would give a more polished look. Overall, her style is BOMBSHELL and she has a eye for fashion!!!!

22. Poetrygrl says:

It’s weird when I see people I actually know on here (she went to my alma mater ^__^). Either way, to clear some things up on this site, 1. Those are sisterlocs that she’s had since she was 11 and I don’t think she needs to change the hair color completely. It’s weird how people say how she needs to wear HER style to fit THEIR idea of a bombshell. That’s conforming. No she is herself. Her looks may not be things that I would always wear (which I wouldn’t), but I still think they fit her and because she’s comfortable with her own look and has distinct style that regardless of trends will still be for her, makes her a bombshell. Btw, I follow her blog too, and her mom made that blue coat for her so that’s 1 of a kind! Dope right!?

23. Layioni says:

Style is a form of self expression. None of us is the same person and therefore we do not have the same style. Not agreeing with the way someone dresses is fine, but just because you don’t agree, it doesn’t mean that the person “doesn’t have great style.” Let’s try to be a bit more open minded shall we. No need to tear each other down. There is constructive criticism and then there is just plain hate.

That said, this girl dresses quite well. Kudos to doing your own thing girl!

24. Kike says:

There are some looks that are bombshell and some have me confused. It also feels, TO ME, like there’s two different people. My favorite look is the one with printed pants and the Zara shoes! :)