January 9th, 2014
Shopping, Style Inspiration, Vacation, What to Wear, Winter Wardrobe
Winter 2014 Style Inspiration: What to Wear On a Trip to Abu Dhabi
By Danielle Nicole

Happy Thursday! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. I am so looking forward to the weekend as I’ll be spending some much needed one-on-one time with my baby sis, celebrating her birthday with a night out on the town. But before I do, let’s get into today’s style inspiration.

Ayanna writes, “Hello, I am going to Abu Dhabi on a girl’s trip in February and I have been researching what to wear to stay within the cultural rules yet still remain fashionable and chic in the Abu Dhabi weather. I am really interested in any suggestions you could give for looking my best.”

While making sure to keep the hemlines, necklines, and silhouettes on the conservative and modest side, mix prints and work in bold colors to achieve a rich and lavish wardrobe palette. As you’ll want to travel light, statement jewelry and fun accessories will also be key components to mix things up and add a pop to your wardrobe staples.

Travel in style in a Roberto Cavalli butterfly printed kaftan offset by a pair of Missoni wide leg trousers, Giuseppe Zanotti embellished strap flat sandals, and a two-tone shopper tote.

What to Wear On a Trip to Abu Dhabi Roberto Cavalli Hooded Butterfly Kaftan Missoni Knitted Wide Leg Trousers Marni Two Tone Suede and Leather Shopper Giuseppe Zanotti Leather Sandals with Embellished Straps

For an extra dose of chic throw on a stylish black turban, a pair of Linda Farrow over-sized shades, and a stunning statement necklace or beaded chandelier earrings.

For look #2, dress up a simple maxi dress with a long sleeve beaded tunic, a Matthew Williamson pink metallic embossed shopper, and a stylish pair of gold and stone encrusted leather sandals.

What to Wear On a Trip to Abu Dhabi Topshop Plain Low Back Maxi Dress Giuseppe Zanotti Suede Relief Face Flat Sandals Valentino Crisscross Espadrille Wedge Sandal

Give the look a bit more flare with a stunning gold hinge necklace, crystal-embellished disc earrings, and a set of bangles.

For your final wardrobe option, tap into Middle Eastern glam in a Missoni long kaftan accented by a pair of cobalt blue Schutz Erlina gladiator sandals and a printed shopper bag.

What to Wear On a Trip to Abu Dhabi Missoni Long Kaftan Schutz Erlina Gladiator Sandal Miu Miu Sunglasses Missoni Moccasins

Amp up the wow factor with layers of gilded accents, including a jeweled statement necklace, shimmering drop scallop earrings, and a multi-bar cuff bracelet. Miu Miu Noir polygonal shaped turquoise sunglasses and a festive makeup palette complete this look.

What do you think? Will you recreate any of these looks for your trip to Abu Dhabi? Wishing you safe travels and a fabulous time on your with girls.

14 Responses to “Winter 2014 Style Inspiration: What to Wear On a Trip to Abu Dhabi”

1. Pier says:

Those are great looks!! I can’t wait to go back Abu Daubi!!

2. Londoner says:

Abu Dhabi is actually quite touristy now and wasn’t too strict on the cultural dress code, unless you’re venturing to the mosque or traditional souks!

3. Allure says:

These are really good looks for Abu Daubi! I plan on going there next year.

4. Marthe says:

These looks are amazing, I love that people are recognizing the need to change up looks depending on the country/culture you go to, even on vacation, even in the sun! The Abu Dhabi people will also really recognize and appreciate this :) Just DO NOT look at the Sex & the City movie for inspiration !! :D

5. Empress says:

OMG. This post came at the right time. I’m going to Dubai, but I’ll be visiting Abu Dhabi as well. Love it!

6. K says:

Turbans and caftans…very predictable…very Sex and the City Part 2

7. binks says:

2 is my favorite

I like the looks but honestly one could dress how you dress here just slightlier modest. They are not strict.

9. Claire says:

I love look 3!

10. I have been in Abu Dhabi twice – people there really dress like this.

11. Feather says:

I go to Dubai often. If you want to be humble to their traditions dress like this. Most Europeans dress like they are in Miami. They don’t even notice the Muslim culture.

12. Brookly says:

Hi, I’m an expat here in Abu Dhabi and I want to let you know that you do not have to limit yourself to these options. In actuality these looks are quite predictable and you’ll probably be cold during your stay here because it is the winter for us as well and it’s the desert. If you plan on visiting the Grand Mosque they’ll provide you with a shayla and abaya. It’s more about your actions than your attire. Just be respectful to their culture and religion. I hope you enjoy your visit here!

Cheers

13. Kennie says:

Hey, I’m a 2 year Abu Dhabi resident from the DMV and just to reassure, you can wear what you’d like. Keep in mind, it will still be winter and between 60-70 degrees each day. Although these looks are cute, they aren’t reflective of what expats wear daily. Personally, jeans, tees, boots, jackets are typical daytime attire and at night feel free to wear cocktail chic but def bring blazers/jackets. Enjoy your trip! Ma’asalaama xx

14. Please checkout our collection at http://www.antilaclothing.com we are heavily influenced by Indian fabrics and our clothes would also be suitable in Abu Dhabi. Lightweight cotton tunics, comfy silk pants etc…