January 9th, 2014
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Solange Knowles
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Print Queen Solange Knowles performed at the Metro Theatre in Sydney last night wearing a Desert Designs Star Crossed Lovers Green and Grey Printed Silk Shirt and Matching Pants:

Solange-Knowles-Metro-Theatre-Desert-Designs-Printed-Top-and-TrousersOn the beauty tip, her thigh grazing box braids were rightfully the focal point .

Solange-Knowles-Desert-Designs-Printed-Silk-Top-and-Trousers

The printed silk top and trousers were originally styled with black and white open toe wedges.

DesertDesigns_Story_41It’s what you’d call an effortless look for Solange. No complaints here.

What do you think? Hot! or Hmm…

Solange-Knowles-Metro-Theatre-Desert-Designs-Printed-Top-and-Trousers

Solange-Knowles-Australia-Metro-Theatre-Performance

Check out more fab photos of her performance at the AU Review.

~Cliché

Images: Johnny Au/Desert Designs

10 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Solange Knowles’s Metro Theatre Performance Desert Designs Star Crossed Lovers Green and Grey Printed Silk Shirt and Matching Pants”

1. mi manning says:

she always makes me wanna get braids again! i just dread the thought b/c the African braiding salons are filled with Afriques with unnecessary hostility towards the melanated American woman! they be yanking, and pulling the sh!t out of our hair and then throwing shade in francais! did we do something to them that we don’t know about! i know I heard some of them complaining about how Americans are on welfare and we have children out of wedlock! I guess this counts for EVERY American melanin-rich female in this country, huh?

Anyway, Solange looks great!

2. Midnight Sun says:

I agree. To add on, some of the woman who work in these African hair salons (or galleries, as we call them in the DMV) don’t believe in deodorant. Sometimes they evenhands 2 girls pulling and yanking at your scalp from 2 different directions. Not to mention the lack of sleep u get that first night due to your scalp being tighter than a motherf*ck. The results are ALWAYS gorgeous…the process not so much.

Ps…Solange will never stop being amazing. Period. Love the style. The Music. The vision…etc

My fashion icon= solange ! She is confident and beautiful! She is also a trendsetter!!!

4. GambianQueen says:

@Mi manning & @Midnight Sun how about u bitter bird b*tches travel across the ocean and see the world! No one is worried nor is talking about u insecure hoes in their languages. If anything after hearing narrow ur mind is I would put u in ur place IN ENGLISH if u were to ever say some dumb sh*t like that to me in my face.

They’ve yanked at my damn scalp one too many times and I’m DONE getting my braids done by them. I begged for them to braid my hair gingerly but it’s like they don’t care to be gentle. I get my Jamaican sistrens to hook me up these days and I’m very pleased.

6. Minnesota says:

LOVE HER STYLE!

7. ReRe says:

Salonge is always in some kind of print!! It’s very predictable and boring>> Almost forced to a certain degree.. A true fashionista should be able to wear different colours, textures, fabrics & designs and still make it look hot… No tea or shade to Solo but her style is just plain boring… (To me that is)

8. Abby says:

@ Mi Manning, I am African and even back home in Ghana, they always yank and pull at your hair.I used to dread getting my hair braided as a child and even till now, I have a phobia for single braids.It has nothing to do with the fact that you are African American. The Afriques (as you call them) are not known to be gentle with hair.

9. bimi says:

@ re re, you are right, her style is predictable but Still, she looks fab everytime

10. Ilo says:

we have to take our experiences on an individual level. I use to go to get my hair braided and I constantly was hearing the word akata being thrown around. I didn’t know what it meant until a lady pulled me over after I paid. she offered me another stylist because she didn’t like the conversation centered around me. We have to realize we are all black and we came here through different routes from Africa.

Also I agree Solange is not unique to me she can afford the style and she does