January 8th, 2014
Fashion Bomb Exclusive, Fashion News

It’s a New Year, and if you’re like me, getting in shape is high on your list of Resolutions!
Few can deny that reality starlet Draya Michele has one of the hottest bodies in the game, which she showcases to her thousands of followers on Instagram.
draya michele queen russia black and white party look
The owner of MintSwim obviously has to keep swimsuit ready all season, so I decided to ask her how she keeps in such tip top shape all year long.
Draya Michele mint swim vegas one piece white swimsuit
You might be surprised to find that her workout regime doesn’t include 5 days a week of grueling sweat sessions! She told us,“I work out as needed. I don’t usually go hard in the gym until I start noticing myself getting out of shape, mostly after holidays. I’ll work out for like a week straight to get back in shape.”

Draya michele work out gym body diet fitness
She continues, “I have a treadmill in my house so [running] is the fastest and most convenient way for me to tone.”
0  Draya Michele's Barney's LA Preme Houston African Printed Top and Short Set
Does she follow any specific diet? She said,”I try to cook as much as I can and I don’t necessarily cook healthy, but I use very small portions to keep the calories at bay. I love soda……but my skin and body [don't]. I’m a cheater about once a week.
Draya Nude Mini Dress

In order to keep her body in check, she says, “I wake up every morning and step on the scale…..if something changed…..I have to make changes. I think being aware is the first step. “

Draya-Michele-Mia-Limited-Edition-Rocco-Sandals
And as for tips for those looking to step out on a new fitness foot for the New Year, Draya advises, “Increase your water intake….any amount is better than what you’ve been drinking. Your body and skin will thank you for it in the long run.”
draya  michele instagram celebboutique casey raspeberry structured dress raspberry gold chain link necklace
There you have it! It seems Ms. Draya pays attention to all the numbers in her life, from her weight to the calories she takes in everyday.
I’ll be honest–I don’t even own a scale. But maybe I’ll invest!
What do you think?
And how do you stay in shape?

53 Responses to “Fashion Bomb Exclusive: Draya Michele on Diet, Fitness, and How She Keeps Her Body Swimsuit Ready All Year Round”

1. Brittany says:

So she weighs herself everyday and doesn’t eat. Oh okay.

2. mi manning says:

I just decided to stop eating after 7 o’clock. I just drink water.

3. Key says:

Ummm? What advice?

Umm didn’t draya have some work done? She has a nice shape but…Sorry not taking any advice on keeping my body up from someone who achieved theirs through some doctor

5. Marsha D says:

Shout out to all the hot body chicks who achieved their look partially due to plastic surgery. #foh

6. kim says:

It works for her, so I cannot knock it to much. Weighing yourself daily, and working out ‘as needed’ is not sound advice for most.

7. Archel says:

Yeahhhh basically she replied saying “I’m more blessed than you.”

8. Blue says:

Listen, you cant take advise from “celebrities” i will will use that word wisely becuase shes really not, but she is in the limelight. So she has to keep her weight balance, and everything else. I also willnot take advise from some one who say they Your Hoeness Can Get Deleted After A Certain Amount Of Time. BYE FELICIA!!!!

9. Maree says:

People are so quick to be negative. It like some just came in to read it so they can hate. It’s not staving yourself. Its watching your portion size and not eating extreme amounts of junk food. Basically eating to live not live to eat(overindulging). Drinking plenty of water to flush your system and staying active(hence the treadmill) so your metabolism doesn’t get slow. Only plastic she has had was her boobs which she admitted to. Only thing I don’t agree with is the weighing yourself everyday but if that’s how you have to keep in check then ok.

10. Nicole says:

I think her body is amazing so i def clicked on the link hoping for some tidbits. But i workout as needed was def not helpful. But i do think that drinking water and portion control is important so i guess….

11. CC says:

I am 5’8 and am normally about 150-160, but when I moved to texas I blew up to 230 pounds. I lost the weight in 6 months and this is what I did.
    1. Draya is right, increasing your water intake does wonders for your skin, metabolism and body. I drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. I drink the first cup of water as soon as I wake up, water curbs hunger.

2. Eat 6 meals a day: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and 3 snacks. I like to eat every 2-3 hours with portion control. For example for a snack, I may have half a turkey sandwhich with a cup of apple sauce or any fruit and a cup of water. That will usually hold me together.

3. Excersise, Excersise, Excersise! At first it was extremely hard to workout 2 minutes straight without being out of breathe. But slowly I learned to strenghten my stamina and when I got to 190 I brought in toning. I used to work out 6 days a week, 3 days cardio and 3 days toning. I only workout 3 days now and do toning first followed by cardio. I lost my weight by following Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire.

4. Eat the right foods. To put it plainly, cook your own food as much as possible, eat what GOD put on this earth and when going food shopping avoid going in to the middle aisles for food, only get food from the outside of the middle aisles.

5. Have one cheat day and still maintain portion control.

Sorry for being sooooo detailed, but I love working out, good luck to all.

xoxo

12. Christin says:

Peps crack me up how they hate so tough on this girl!! If this works for her it works for her. Who cares?!?! Draya do you and if it works and you love it…you love it!! Be blessed peps!!

13. L-Boogie says:

What advice? This wasn’t helpful at all. She has a nice body though. Since it doesn’t appear that she has to work super hard to maintain her figure, I guess we can infer that she just has good genetics?

14. Pari says:

I was really excited to see what she had to say, but basically she just said her body was just made that way. Okay.

15. cindy says:

Draya’s body is long and lean. I never wanted a scale, but now knowing makes sense for control!

16. Fa says:

Thanks for that advice CC!

17. Brittany says:

I wish I could work out for only a week straight and be good.

18. Stephane says:

Wait, who actually expected real advice?

She happens to be one of the lucky ones, there’s not much you can do about that.

The rest of us will indulge on a fabulous cucumber salad for lunch.

Her body is ridiculous though, however it was achieved.

19. lovelybrowngirl says:

So even if that body was created at the hands of a plastic surgeon, then KUDOS to that doctor because s/he is gifted! Draya’s body is sick, and there’s no denying that. As for her “advice”, I didn’t expect to read anything intelligent coming from her, so I was pleasantly surprised (although the bar was set very, very low, so basically if she said anything halfway coherent, I would’ve been impressed. LOL.).

At any rate, many thanks to CC for the advice from a real woman who actually attained her results through hard work and dedication. I appreciate you sharing that advice!

20. Charla says:

Portion control is everything ladies. It is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Very small portions works.

21. Chachi says:

Thank you CC for the advice, I’m 510 went down to 175 and now I’m back up to 250 because I stopped working out, I will take your advice thank you so much for posting

22. YuBalance says:

Love the workout look, white one piece and red dress. Pinning immediately!

23. Waste of Article says:

Can’t and won’t support chicks who workout and eat right AFTER:
    Butt Implants/ saline shots- Kim K
    Breast Job- Draya
    Liposuction on stomach- Mariah,Kim K…etc
    Gastric bypass- Jennifer Hudson

24. Thaatchiick says:

I think it’s bullshit. Why ask a female that naturally has a great metabolism about how she keeps fit? She doesn’t have to do anything.
    Ask a chick like me who has to work out in order to stay trim. A chick that has to consciously talk herself through getting up each day and getting in the gym because she can’t stand the way laziness looks. That would make for a more insightful article.
    I love Draya’s look, but i’m saying, I follow her when i’m looking for a new makeup look, not when i need motivation to lace up my sneakers. =) =) #noshade

25. mslady86 says:

Why are people so mad? She told the truth about what SHE does for HER body. She was asked questions which she responded to. Should she have lied? The woman has a gorgeous body, and her comments on portion size, drinking water, and to an extent owning a scale are useful. I weigh myself daily, but don’t get bent out of shape if I gain a few pounds. I’m more concerned if I know it’s ‘fat’ lbs as opposed to muscle.

26. The Bayarean says:

There is some great advice right here in the comments, but I like that her advice is basic common sense that we can all lose sight of. I’m focused on drinking more water and eating before 8pm to start. Changing eating habits and consistent exercise really does work. Consciousness was the smartest thing she said.

27. Tori says:

@ Lovelybrowngirl I agree 100% with EVERYTHING you said lol

The amount of negativity this girl receives on IG is amazing. I don’t understand why people are so quick to judge her. Most of us do things to enhance our looks so why pretend it’s just Draya. I see someone who was blessed with a nice figure why is that such an issue? Why do people assume every woman has had plastic surgery? Why not appreciate her beauty by leaving a a comment or just keep it moving. Beyoncé song I I believe it’s Flawless The woman speaks about how some women are are raised to view other women as competition. I think It’s a very powerful statement.

Cont…And it plays out daily based in some of the negative comments in the blogs directed toward other woman

30. BLS Styles says:

Sipping my water right now!

31. nyc chick says:

She has an AMAZING body! I think she and Melissa Ford have the rest bodies in the game. Super curvy with small waists…plus no elephantine deformed fake booty. Its a reality that life ain’t fair and some of us have to work twice as hard as others to get what we want (with regard to fitness or anything else), but it is what it is and its not her fault.

I give her kudos for looking good by any measure and appreciate hearing her regime (or lack.thereof).

32. binks says:

She has a great body but Draya seems like the type of woman that is naturally on the slender side of the spectrum so she doesn’t need to break her neck in the gym or watching the intake. Her advice wasn’t bad but I will say that owning a scale can be a pro/con situation. There is nothing wrong with owning a scale but don’t be obsessed with the numbers because those numbers don’t tell you everything nor would I advise weighing yourself everyday ESPECIALLY if you are on a weight loss journey.

33. Fifi says:

Hey Claire!
    Can we get the details on the first outfit please?

34. Shawn says:

The hate is real out there. But one thing y’all need to keep in mind is that she is just maintaining what she already has. She is not trying to lose weight or anything extreme so she doesn’t have to do as much as someone trying to lose 100 lbs. When you get to your ideal size you won’t have to work as hard either. Until then, put the cheetos and the remote down and hit the gym.

35. Afrodutch says:

How I manage to look AMAZING, keep it off, eat anything I want with little work?

Intermittent fasting, HIIT, weightlifting and prayer!

For the past two years I have kept a size 4/6 while eating donuts during my “feast” periods!

I used to be a size 14… and the HIIT and weightlifting (which requires only @5 hours a week) combats loose skin!

Trust me on this one…

36. Annie says:

The best way to get in shape is to stay in shape. It is 20 times harder to lose a bunch of weight than it is to take an approach like her, which is to just be reasonable and hit the gym once your body starts slipping. It’s such simple advice, yet sometimes it’s easy to forget the most obvious things.

I used to be in fabulous shape and just took for granted that it would be easy for me to get back there even if I gained a couple of pounds. So, when I started adding a couple of pounds, I did nothing. Now, twenty pounds later, I have been busting my butt in the gym 4x a week for about 3 months. It was much easier for me to just monitor my weight when I was in shape and hit the gym occasionally rather than lose a bunch.

37. alesha says:

draya has been blessed with a small frame and being able to stay active whether intentional or not. small frame + fake boobs + fake ass = amazing body!

38. Elle Wills says:

Listen, there are no secrets or shortcuts to having your best body. Do the work! The whole fitness industry is crock! Watch what you eat, cardio to slim, weights to tone. Everything else is just to combat boredom.

Beautiful woman but I’m sure she doesn’t work out. She’s a naturally slim girl.

40. Sunshine says:

@fifi the first fit is by queenrussia look her up on IG. I will say that although I loved the fit it was not worth the money. The material is very cheap and after one wear the black and white bleeded. But if you are looking for a one night show stopper go for it!

41. ebz says:

her last post was her with her plastic surgeon he controls how she looks lol

42. Diva says:

it must hae been a slow day…. because NOBODY cares what this chick has to say.

43. marguerite says:

eating mostly fruits and veggies you can’t go wrong.

44. Kim D says:

I for one have been weighing myself everyday for a long time now. You would be surprised how easy a two pound gain leads to five, ten, etc. If you know your starting point everyday its easy to stay on track. I also drink at least 3 bottles of water a day, keeps everything moving if you know what I mean.

45. rachel says:

wow, there are some mean people on this site! Like a few people have said, she’s clearly naturally slim, some of us are like that due to genetics. I def agree with drinking water, and making sure your portion sizes aren’t too big.
    No need for all the hate, she can only say what she does.

46. Bye says:

But she’s a stick with implants on her chest and on her backside… No advice needed… “Just be born skinny” basically. I really want to like her, but naw.

47. Feather says:

I think she watches what she eats. Her body is genetics if she isn’t plastic.

48. Geminibear says:

I don’t think she weight trains at all. She doesn’t have that much muscle definition. She must do a lot of cardio like she said and portion control. Other than that yes she is naturally slim.

49. Glo says:

She must have a hell-of-a metabolism!