January 6th, 2014
Celebrity Style, Snapshot
Snapshot: Mindy Kaling by Carter Smith for ELLE February 2014
By Faith

mindy-kaling-by-carter-smith-for-elle-february-2014

Mindy Kaling by Carter Smith for ELLE February 2014.

Source: ELLE.com

14 Responses to “Snapshot: Mindy Kaling by Carter Smith for ELLE February 2014”

1. Taj says:

Beautiful photo

2. Shani says:

I love her!!!!!! If you know anything about her, then you know this cover is literally her dream come true!:-) So happy for her!!!!! Gorgeous pic!!!!!!

3. solo-dolo says:

yasss mindy kaling you look so beautiful yasss

4. Shayla says:

Joan Smalls is on Elle’s January cover & Mindy is on February’s. Two women of color in a row…I might actually start picking up glossy’s again! No hate on our Anglo-Saxon sisters, but this how to start the new year off right…celebrating ALL shades/sizes of women’s beauty! Go Elle!

5. Dobe says:

Very nice! Go, Mindy!

6. Monica says:

Out of the other “TV women” listed on the cover, really glad they chose Mindy. Love her! Kind of agree with others bemoaning the fact that it’s black and white and she always looks great in bright colors, but I still think this is a lovely shot.

7. Diva says:

she looks beautiful !!!

8. Chantel says:

She looks so beautiful!

9. Dom says:

Shayla I was thinking the same thing! I bought the Elle just for Joan and I’ll be doing the same in Feb for Mindy! There’s such a market for talented women of color. Nice to see us FINALLY being highlighted!

10. Monica says:

Just saw that there are 3 other covers, so they didn’t “choose” Mindy out of all of those actresses. Boo. And the other covers were all in color and full body shots! Still a lovely shot, but out of place compared to the other covers. This reminds of what

11. All Things Haute says:

Beautiful pic but I see Elle avoided any potential criticism by going black and white. Lol I don’t blame them

12. The hair! Amen…love mindy

13. itsjustme says:

yay, mindy!

14. Shayla says:

I love/hate the cover. I’m so happy Mindy is on the cover but I just hate to see the discrimination blatantly displayed in the differences between her cover and the other ladies’. So I guess because of her brown skin she was in black and white? And because she’s not a size 0 she had to have a head shot and not a full body like the others? SMH the industry has so much work to do