January 6th, 2014
Beauty, Claire's Life
Beauty Roll Call: What are Your Go to Lip Colors?

2014 is the year of The Bomb Life!
I’ve been adding loads of fun posts to the site–my most recent talks about my 5 favorite lip colors:
Claire Sulmers Fashion Bomb Daily Sephora Lip Stain #1
In the winter, I can’t get enough of Sephora’s #01 Always Matte Red Lip Stain (which I’m rocking above), or Cyber by MAC (see below).
claire sulmers cyber by mac
I also love, love, love Makeup Forever’s Rouge Artist Natural in N5 Nude Beige when I’m going for a lighter look.
claire sulmers makeup forever lipstick
Read the rest of my lipstick musts here.
What about you?
What are some of your favorite lip shades? I’m always looking to expand my arsenal.
Perhaps I can compile a list of the best lip shades for brown girls?
At any rate, holla in the comments!
xoxo

37 Responses to “Beauty Roll Call: What are Your Go to Lip Colors?”

1. Christin says:

I love Mac’s Ruby Woo, Lady Danger, & Diva.

2. Sharee B. says:

Claire me and you have the same lipstick. I have the Sephora matte and the makeup forever nude and I love them both.

Currently I’m obsessed with MAC her0ine. Also creme cup by MAC

4. KBS says:

Im a MAC girl for the most part.

For work/low key days: MAC gloss in BEAUX or LOVE NECTAR alone or over a nudie pink.NIGHTMOTH liner under RUBY WOO.

Feelin’ myself days: RUBY WOO, or VIVA GLAM NICKI 2 over a light colorED lip.

I’m that B!tch days/Out at night: MAC MORANGE, FLAT OUT FABULOUS, Sephora IT GIRL.

5. jeda says:

I really just started my lipstick game and I love MAC Ruby Woo and Diva, and just now getting into Heroine
    Blessings

6. Shawn says:

Mac’s Heroine and COVERGIRLS spellbound

7. Lippie says:

My fave lip combos are…

For the day MAC lipsticks in Honeylove and Angel with cork liner with boy bait cremesheen on top.

For night MAC LIPSTICK Heroine with magenta liner with clear gloss or MAC lipstick Lady Danger with cherry and burgundy lip liner and a lil love alert dazzle glass on top.

I know it’s tons of products but I like a full “lip look” lol

8. Debbie Bee says:

Like most of the bombshells here, MAC’s Ruby Woo is now a makeup bag staple, along with Annabelle Cosmetics’ Orange Pop (a bright coral red) and Forever Fuschia a hot, deep mauve/hot pink shade from L’Oreal. I’m not commited to a brand in particular!

9. AH says:

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick in #12 Forbidden Burgundy. It goes on smooth, non-drying, and the pigment is rich with one swipe. Worth every penny of the $34 price tag :)

10. Stephanie says:

Tom Ford Cherry Lush, Tom Ford Bruised Plum, MAC Ruby Wood, MAC Verve, Buxom Lipglos – White Russian, Rihanna for MAC Nude, MAC Lipglass in Popmode, MAC Hug Me. Just to name a few, I love lip products.

11. andie says:

MAC ruby woo, Milani naturally chic and rose amour.

I’ll invest more in my makeup (and myself over all) this year

12. mimi says:

MAC Matte Russian red and Revlon Matte Wine Not

13. makeeasweet says:

Favorite Fall/winter lipsticks YSL 3 Violet Incognito,Revlon va va violet and Mac rebel,diva.

summer/spring lipsticks Mac girl about town,revlon lip butter raspberry,covergirl euphoria.

Mac ruby woo my favorite red lipstick all year around.

My favorite lip gloss is Revlon firecracker,its look like a bright orange in the tube,but it very sheer and it make all my lipsticks pop.

14. Stephanie says:

Also, I like MAC Rebel and MAC Up the Amp.

Smoked Purple, Heroine and Flat Out Fabulous – MAC
    Rimmel Kate Moss Long Lasting Matte finish in #111 (scarlet red)…LOVE!
    Hippie Chic- NYX
    Nude- AVON

16. Marsha D says:

MAC: MAC Red, Hug Me, Pleasure Bomb, Girl About Town, Rebel, and Candy Yum Yum. MAC Pencils: Vino, Magenta, Cherry. Tarte: Moisturizing creamy lipstick trio.

17. My lip color depends on my ensemble, but I do have few favorites. Loving Riri Woo, MAC Red, Amp, All Out Gorgeous, Girl About Town. Nars Funny Face.

18. tahlyuh says:

MAC lipsticks: Ruby Woo, Riri Woo, Russian Red, Jubilee and Hug Me…especially hug me!

Pout by Kym Lee lip gloss: Early bloom and Modest

e.l.f.: Studio Gloss: Dragonfruit, Wild Watermelon, Muted Mauve and Berry Blush (My all-time favorite)

NYX lip gloss: Miami Babe

I mostly wear nudes and nudish pinks on a day-to-day. Red and purples when I want to be fancy. Lmao.

19. Jihan says:

M.A.C.’s Ruby Woo and Touch, when I want a neutral lip.

Violetta is also one of my faves but I lost my tube :’( I need to find someone who has a pro subscription!!

Jihan MAC Pro products are available for everyone to purchase unless you are talking about the MAC pro discount.

21. Jihan says:

@anon oh yeah? I thought I’d read somewhere that you need to be liek a professional makeup artist to buy… gonna go check it out. Violetta shall me mine once again!

thanks!

22. Gigi says:

I love MAC’s Heroine, Lady Danger,Morange, or Ruby Woo.
    Stila Beso. Kat Von D Backstage Bambi
    YSL Peach Passion, Nars Honolulu Honey

23. S says:

(*Off Topic*)…..there’s a typo in the headline.

What are “YOU” go to lip colors should be What are “YOUR” go to lip colors. Not trying to be anal, it’s just the Research Assistant in me. *SMILES*

My go to lip colors are Ruby Woo and MAC Red.

24. Claire says:

@S Thanks for that! I’m still jetlagged from Australia and actually wrote the initial post about this at like 5am!
    Thanks for catching that

25. Allie says:

NARS!!! I used to use MAC’s matte line especially Ruby Woo but it dries out & cakes up on your lips. It was annoying . NARS matte line does not dry out or cake up… Don’t even need an extra moisturizer. And no need to reapply. Worth the $25 price tag…

26. Natasha says:

It WAS MAC’s LipGlass in Shockolate until they discontinued it this summer *weeps* It was perfect coverage for my two-toned lips. Now I’m sampling some lipgloss from Valana Minerals. Every now and again I slop on some deep red Revlon shade (too lazy to dive into my purse to check the name, sorry)

My current favorites are MAC’s RiRi Woo and MAC’s Cyber

28. Madpet says:

My everyday lip color is MAC’s Touch or Boi Bait Cremesheen. As for my “going out” lips, I gear towards pink nudes, so Mac’s Fanfare and Ramblin Rose are a must.

29. I swear by Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pour Couture. My favourite shades are 39 Pourpre Divin, 19 Fuschia and 58:)
    Also Mac’s Rebel is a staple.

30. Marthe says:

I have the thinnest white peoples lips you can imagine and this article makes me sad :( Make sure you beautiful women all rock your beautiful lips! Jealousy!

I KNOW EVERYONE IS ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT HER FASHIONS (IN A NOT SO GOOD WAY) BUUUUUT @ALLOFYOULADIES, KEYSHIA KAOIR HAS A COSMETICS LINE IN WHICH THE LIPSTICKS ARE THE HIGHLIGHT. WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THE LINE IS, NOT ONLY DOES IT VARY IN COLORS BUT THE COLORS COME IN VARIOUS SHADES (IF THT MAKES ANY SENSE)HER LIPSTICKS ARE CREAMY/MATTE. I THINK YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK HER LINE OUT. KAOIR.COM
    AND NO IM NOT A REP FROM HER BUSINESS.. I KNOW SOMEONE IS GOING TO THROW THAT OUT THERE.

32. fav1 says:

I love NARS dare devil and orgasm :)

If MAC’s ruby woo is too drying, try russian red! it’s a similarly toned matte red lipstick (russian red is more orange based whereas ruby woo has a very strong blue base) but it isn’t as dry. My all-time favorite red lipstick would have to be stila’s stay all day liquid lipstick in beso.

please do not support Kaoir products. She has too many Rachetquisha looking an absolute mess rocking white, green and yellow lipstick to places like the grocery Store. Lets Stend Rachetness in 2014!!

Lets End* Rachetness in 2014!!!

36. Kilode? says:

Revlon’s Chocolate Velvet. That is all.

37. Latoya says:

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Mac’s Ruby Woo (Matte Red), Heroine (Bright Purple/Orchid) Smashbox Fuchsia Flash (Bright Pink), Kat Von D Homegirl (matte burgundy) Keshia Kaoir Trina Rock Star Lipstick with the Glitzstick collection…oh and I can’t forget I love to rock an ombre lip