January 5th, 2014
Featured, On the Scene
On the Scene: The Palm Springs Film Festival 2014
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Celebrities are slowly but surely coming out of hiding, and doing so in fab fashion! For tonight’s outing, a slew of our favorite folks were on hand at the 2014 Palm Springs Film Festival.

Let’s see who was on the scene:

Lupita-Nyongo-Palm-Springs-International-Film-Awards-GalaThe relentlessly stunning Lupita Nyong’o showed out in an embellished Elie Saab frock and Christian Louboutin heels. Absolutely love! I’m also going to be needing her skincare regimen…seriously.

Naomie-Harris-Palm-Springs-International-Film-Awards-GalaNaomie Harris was a vision in a white Naeem Khan lace dress complete with a Rauwolf clutch. She nailed it, duh!

Idris-Elba-Palm-Springs-2014-Film-Festival-Bow-TieIdris Elba, y’all… If you’re one of the fine young women who happened to peep his tweet before attending the event, you’ll have added appreciation for this picture and his bow tie. ;-)

Camila-Alves-Palm-Springs-International-Film-GalaA leggy Camila Alves struck a pose in a Mikael D black gown with lace inserts alongside her handsome hubby Matthew McConaughey. Are you feeling his Saint Laurent look?

Alfre-Woodard-Palm-Springs-International-Film-Awards-Gala

Alfre Woodard is not about that uncomfortable life. No, ma’am! She unapologetically rocked her green lace dress with embellished slippers. I’m here for healthy feet!

Sandra-Bullock-International-Film-Awards-Gala-Alex-Perry-Dress

Sandra Bullock brought a little colorblocking to the event in her Alex Perry frock and Brian Atwood pumps. Umm, yes!

Julia-Roberts-Meryl-Streep-Palm-Springs-International-Film-Awards-Gala

Screen legends Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep smiled for the cameras. I’m sort’ve digging Julia’s Gucci dress, but would’ve opted for different heels, no?

Amy-Adams-Palm-Springs-International-Film-Awards-Gala

Last but not least, A polka dot Juan Carlos Obando dress was the choice for Amy Adams. I like it!

That’s all!

Who had your favorite look of the night?

~Cliché

Images: Getty

10 Responses to “On the Scene: The Palm Springs Film Festival 2014”

1. Welding Tuesday says:

Lupita never gets it wrong! Stunning.

2. jihan says:

Lupita is too beautiful

love Sandra’s dress

also here for Alfre Woodward’s sandals. Totally a move I woudl pull… does that mean I have the practical sartorial sensibilities of an old lady?

probably.

3. tieasha carrawhack says:

It’s starting to be too many pale people on here!I thought this was for darker hues only. Bad enough we see them every where we turn!

4. Michaela says:

Racism comes in all shapes and forms right Tieasha? Why should this be for darker hues only? Fashion is fashion. Excluding anyone is not cool. I love fashion bomb daily because I think they’ve struck the right balance and I love seeing people of every color killing it!

5. POW says:

Lupita looks great. I wonder who her date is.

@Michaela — since when is desiring to see black faces and black fashion racist? People are getting wild and wooly with their use of the race-card I see.

6. medschool says:

O.m.g. I wish I could live in Naomie’s closet. I swear she dresses how I would if I had the means: lace, sheer, cutout, color, comfort *swoons*.
    As far as the race debate that occurred I agree with both sides. I love fashion bomb because they focus on people of color in fashion which is a breath of fresh air in a comfortably racist environment. In the same breath fashion is fashion and the FOCUS is on WOC not only. Also if the event has people of other races that looked marvelous well damnit I want to know!
    Keep doing what you’re doing FB….but with less Kardashian ;)

7. Westafricanmutt says:

Lupita and Sandra look phenomenal!

Sandra Bullock looks stunning!!!

9. LadyShawann says:

Medschool said it for me, I totally agree.

10. jasmine says:

i dont think her comment was racist at all. she didnt express hate toward white she expressed a preference to see people WHO LOOKS LIKE HER AND MYSELF BEING REPRESENTED AS AS CLASSY AND FASHIONABLE AS OPPOSE TO THE OFTEN RATCHET AND GHETTO STEREOTYPE. WE ALREADY SEE WHITE WOMEN BEING REPRESENTED IN THIS WAY. ESPECIALLY ON FASHION BLOGS, WHERE THERE IS A LACK OF DIVERSITY. BUT HOW MANY COMMENTS POINT OUT THAT.ITS BECOME THE NORM, SO WE DONT RECOGNIZE IT.WHEN WE ARE DISCUSSING THE LACK OF WOC IN FASHION SHOWS WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE MICHAELA?!WHERE WAS YOUR COMMENT WHEN DESIGNER EXPRESS THAT THEIR CLOTHES ARE NOT MADE FOR WOC?! I DONT CARE THAT WHITE WOMEN ARE ON THIS BLOG, BUT I APPRECIATE THAT THE BLOG IS GEARED TOWARD WOC. OR AT LEAST I FEEL IT IS.