January 3rd, 2014
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Genesy from Portland

Ok! We’re keeping our 2014 Bombshells going with Genesy from Portland, Oregon.
20140103-133906.jpg
She says, ” I would consider my style to be free spirited.”
20140103-133142.jpg
“My style often changes with my mood.”
20140103-133133.jpg
“…I am inspired by all decades in fashion such as the 60′s, 70′s and the future.”
20140103-133119.jpg
“I believe there are few rules in fashion.”
20140103-133106.jpg
“My number one rule is to always match your personality.”
20140103-133052.jpg
Alright! Not my style, but you rock it well. And I believe you’re the first Bombshell to say they’re inspired by the future.
What do you think?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
34 comments

34 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Genesy from Portland”

1. Nita Boop says:

Is it me or is she wearing the same outfit in most pics? I’m bored

Ugh, I see that we are off to a rough start. Picking up where we left off in 2013…terrible

3. Just love her energy! Dope style…

Lmao @ Nita Boop! I think its the all black! After awhile it all starts looking the same!

5. heyyall says:

Not enough pics.. From what i saw her style is ok style..

6. Mobetta says:

Her style is definitely grunge chic all day! If not, why not? Works well for you babe, you’re certainly owning that sh*t.

lover her pics. Full of life and personality. No looking down, look back at it, far off gaze at the horizon. FUN

8. Jacquelyn says:

9. Nice hair but NO to that toilet seat pic…

10. Kisha says:

All I see is black spandex. Not enough here to even make a judgement v

11. Missy D says:

I think if people were less critical on things that have nothing to do with the fashion, there would be more submissions, and maybe more variety of submissions, and maybe, just maybe more bombshells. There are so many great women out there with amazing style but why submit if they will be attacked than given constructive feedback. Something to think about for those complaining about the quality of the bombshells

Why are there so few photos?? And everything here looks exactly the same

13. TJ says:

Why aren’t my comments posting!? Watch this one post…

14. Sony Loren says:

Um, Genesy, the 90s called and they want their shoes, hats, and grungewear back.

15. Love says:

Ummmmm….The all black is a little tired and boring. Is she goth??

Goth perhaps??

seriously Claire , the quality of the bombshells is going down the drain, the girl is pretty but tired of how you guys the fashionbomb daily team dont seem to care about this feature anymore maybe young blood is needed to rejuvenate the bombshell Claire delegate this section to one of your young interns maybe they will inject some life up in here.

Those bad cell phone pics again. No more of these in 2014. come on guys set a standard.geesh

19. Claire says:

@Anonymous et al Do you really think I sit and sift through the Bombshell pix, pass over women with clear, big pictures and cool threads, and say, “Na, I’ll pass”? I post the best of what is in my inbox. Perhaps I can put an intern on seeking out people who should be Bombshells, but y’all have to understand I work with what I’m given. If you have suggestions for people (or want to submit yourself), there are directions at the bottom of the post.
    And I think Genesy has a cool, refreshing look. X

20. Mo says:

I think she is a great contrast to the typical bombshells posted. This feature showcases the diversity of this blog’s following. Maybe it’s not for you and I, but obviously it’s for someone!

Youthful and fresh! She’s all the rage in London and lower eastside fashion!

If you’re not here for different perspectives, what did you show up for?

@Claire. Our job as readers is to support and provide feedback. You and your team are responsible for implemention. I think great feedback was provided to improve this favorite featured post.
    More discretion should be had; thus, if individuals are not fashionably inspiring nor illustrate great style, maybe that day’s “Fashion Bombshell” post should not be published for the sake of it.

22. Claire says:

@Mo A lot of people come to this site mainly for the Bombshells of the Day–the good and the bad.
    So I’ve made an executive decision as owner, founder, and Editor in Chief to have Bombshells, good or bad, every day.
    Thanks for reading.

23. tia says:

claire dont be defensive you are being given good feedback so run with it and start implementing those decisions. of course its your baby and you gonna try and defend it but sometimes its not a bad thing to take a step back and get a different perspective. your answer above almost seems to imply that your concern is stats cause pple come and check it out but not so much about the quality. therefore you are willing to sacrifice your brand for the sake of just featuring people. The bombshell today is not bad kind of cool actually but i think pple are being harsh bcoz that seems to be the norm now here the blury pics. if there is a mixture of good and not so bad them pple wont be so discouraged and frustrated and lash out on the bombshell. so you and the team need to sit down and brain storm how to attract quality fashionable pple and figure out how to move forward. even you can admit that the quality of pple submitting their pics has lately has changed. the bombshell got popular becoz day after day were wowed , inspired by the bombshell. i bookmarked so many fashionistas from this site. and all we are saying we just miss the way it was. of course you work hard nobody denies that. The truth is there are issues right now and im sure you and your team will find a way forward.

I refuse

25. Her style is interesting

26. Kahalia says:

Why all the hating on Claire? She’s ready said that she works with what she has and is even thinking about having an intern scout for people. What else can she do. Here’s a question-have any of the complainers of the daily feature submitted there stuff or even recommended someone else?

27. Est87 says:

Why so serious, people?! I’m convinced “Tia” & “anonymous” are the same moany person. If you don’t like the bombshell or are not inspired, try again tomorrow! The whole point is for people to submit THEIR own viewpoint on fashion. What’s the point in Claire instructing what people MUST wear & how to style themselves to be featured?

Claire’s clearly said she chooses from what is submitted. So stop harping on about how it “used to be.” Tia, if you miss it so much, why don’t you look through your “bookmarked” bombshells. *yawn*

28. POW says:

Lol @ people who probably don’t who have blogs, who probably have never submitted photos for Bombshell of the Day or otherwise done anything to contribute to fashion, coming on here to give “constructive” criticism. I mean really….are you going to pay for the new interns? Are you going to volunteer the extra hours to scout new people for the feature or photograph potential bombshells in better settings with a better camera.

So easy to “troubleshoot” someone else’s efforts when you have no skin in the game. If you are sooooo offended by the current crop of bombshells, buy a good camera, take a couple pictures and submit YOURSELF. Sheesh.

With that, to Claire and all the people who know what constructive criticism really means….thanks for this site and your contributions.

29. southern says:

thanks for something different

30. PretaporterChic says:

The girl owns her style! Yeah it’s different from others or yeah it’s all black. But she was quite creative on how she put it all together. One with style is one having the ability to pull things together (simple, complex or odd etc) while showcasing their inner vision/creativity. Alexander McQueen saw that in his Savage Beauty.
    Lastly, I prefer these REAL pictures than from fancy cameras taken by pro photographers BFs & friends anyways lol. To me this is REAL Street Style. Kudos Genesy! & Claire for keeping it real & diversified!

31. Terilili says:

I think some of y’all fail to understand the point of the Bombshell of the day feature. Sometimes you like them, sometimes you hate them, sometimes they fall somewhere in the middle (thus the voting system), but regardless, we all log-on to check them out. Claire never claims to post the best in the world, she posts the best of the day, and maybe it was a slow day. We can’t all be as fashionable as some of y’all critics must be.

Personally, I don’t like her style. Not at all. But it was still interesting to scroll through the photos, vote, and read the comments. Sometimes the bad submissions are even more entertaining than the good ones. And I am here to be entertained.

Claire, you don’t have to answer to anyone. This is your site and we’re just visitors.

32. above-par says:

I’m not sure how her style is inspired by the future…when clearly it is inspired by the 90′s, which would be the past.

33. Diva says:

very IN LIVING COLOR Fly Girl—— perhaps J-Lo would be impressed.

34. Kam Kam says:

She is a pretty girl! I picked ‘Not a bombshell but her style is ok’ I don’t personally like it or HATE it, but because her style works for HER.