January 3rd, 2014
Fashion
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

miley-cyrus-love-magazine-march-2014

• The Beyhive was buzzing with shock and outrage yesterday when an alleged quote from Miley Cyrus‘s upcoming Love magazine issue surfaced, in which the twerkin’ ex-Disney star said that Beyoncé’s time in the spotlight is over, and that she has come to take her place. I shudder at the thought! Apparently, the Daily Mail published this quote, claiming it was directly from Miley in the still-to-be-released article: “As Beyoncé grows in motherhood and all the crap it does to your body, it will create a vacuum for fresh young faces to rise up and no one else can properly fill that void right now. I’m the only white female singer that could fill that slot right now and do it right, you know… Beyoncé has been a big inspiration to me but she’s been out for such a long time.” She continues in the excerpt, “I got the total package, you know, the curves, the rhythm, and the voice. I’m just the best.”  Well fear not my little Beybies: Miley Cyrus is not so delusional as to compare herself to one of the best entertainers in the business. She promptly took to twitter to deny having ever made such ridiculous claims: “How are people allowed to make up sh*t & then put quotes around it saying I said that sh*t! WTF!!?!” She continued, “don’t worry. getting 2 the bottom of this sh*t. making the liar retract the statement. U can cause ALOT of drama but NOT between me & B!” Certainly not! According to Cyrus, the bogus quote was apparently made up by some writer at the Daily Mail, who has since taken down the article. (Miley Cyrus Twitter, Huffington Post)

Hussein-Chalayan

Hussein Chalayan has picked up a new gig as Vionnet‘s demi-couture designer. The label’s current chairwoman and creative director Goga Ashkenazi is thrilled about the appointment. “I think that Hussein is a supertalented, forward-thinking designer,” she told WWD“He is a true artist, very conceptual, he thinks out of the box and has a strong architectural approach. He represents what Madeleine Vionnet represented in her era.”  Chalayan’s work will make its debut January 21st during Paris Couture week. Can’t wait to see what he rolls out! (WWD)

hillary-clinton-new-haircut

• Future POTUS Hillary Clinton (fingers crossed) has cut her flowing locks, and is now rocking a short bob complete with bangs. She was spied with the new cut at New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio‘s swearing-in ceremony. (Racked)

kate-moss-louis-vuitton-timeless-muses-exhibition-louis-vuitton-resort-2014-dress-1

• France’s Paris Première channel will celebrate Kate Moss‘s 40th birthday with a new documentary, Looking for Kate, which will premiere January 12th. The doc will cover the supermodel’s life and career, with interviews from names like Isabel Marant and Peter Lindbergh. No word on whether it will premiere stateside, but stay tuned. (Vogue UK)

estee lauder pure color envy ad

• Capitalizing on the growing popularity of the bold lipstick trend is Estée Lauder. The brand is rolling out a new 20-shade range of color product, dubbed the Pure Color Envy Sculpting lipstick, which will hit shelves in March. Apparently, the $30 lipsticks contain a formula to help “sculpt” your lips to make them more “curvaceous” as the “Time Release Encapsulated Moisture Complex” keeps your smackers moisturized for up to 6 hours. Carolyn Murphy will front the Mario Sorrenti-lensed campaign. (WWD)

~Jihan

17 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Miley Cyrus Did Not Throw Shade at Beyoncé in Love Magazine, Hussein Chalayan Joins Vionnet, And New Kate Moss Documentary to Hit French TV This Month”

1. Who the h*ll says:

Beyonce stans need to dive into the cold ocean really. You all must be under some kind of satanic spell cos u act really possessed. Who is beyonce that she cannot be talked about or called out? Best entertainer my foot.. she lip synchs, steals people’s songs and jacks their acts, doesn’t give credit to them, her songs are not the best of this generation or the previous and her moves are the same old tired moves she’s been doing for the past two decades. She is getting old and washed out.. it doesn’t matter how much of her clothing she takes off in her songs or on stage, nature will still take its cause and newer, fresher, younger faces will replace her so I very much agree with the daily mail writer’s opinion, and the earlier u stans begin to accept it the easier ur lives get.

2. ashley says:

@whatever your name is above me..is you mad*pops jaw* or nah?

3. Lololololololol says:

To the commenter above, jump in an ocean and drown slow. You’re irrelevant. Ugh hoes are still hating on Beyonce in 2014 lmfao.

4. medschool says:

I agree with the first commentor. Why must it be when someone doesn’t after with the masses they are labeled a “hater”. Come on people. Grow up. That being said this new trend of obsession fans have with artists is sickening. Do they pay your bills? Do they tuck you in at night? Do they call you up to check on you? I admire certain celebs for their hustle and determination, Beyonce included but facts are facts. The criticism the first commentor gave was spot on. Point blank period.

5. Moriah Israel says:

To first comment I applaud you I usually don’t comment on stuff like this but I’m gonna say this that those people(her minions)are sick!!!! To their minds a bunch of dry bones( dead brains) but as I look at that girl you can see the self destruction that’s going on brought on by self hate, hatred for men that’s why she married that baby boy aka soldier aka the biggest coon of them all aka massa favorite house nigga for now, hatred for her own people. That woman even said she’s a diva which in accent Greco-roman means female demon or siren and the dumb get up and still follow this beast. Hey dear Stans aka blind and dumb following the blind and dumb did you know god hates a woman like beyonce? Everything he stands for she stands against But as for Miley both these women are jezebels!

6. vanessa says:

but why are y’all so angry like damn.

7. southern says:

i see somebody cosigning themselves

doing way too much

8. Kimye says:

Beyonce can sing and dance all she wants to she will never be smarter than a 3rd grader.

9. Kat says:

I don’t have a problem with Bey- I personally reject this idea that someone is washed simply because they aged. I hope she keeps performing well into old age, like that fake Brit Madge.

But I do WISH she could take a page from Miley’s notebook and call out the rampant cyberbullying that her fans are instigating. How can she speak of girl power when her fans harass any female who even appears slightly critical of her and she says nothing?

10. Marsha D says:

$30 for a tube of plumping lipstick? Not me-
    But that red ‘is’ quite awesome.

I AGREE with commenter one!!! No hate just the damn truth.

12. Half of the Boss Of Me says:

Yes Classy. Country talented Miley will Takeover, LOL Beyonce’s probably crying all the Way To The Bank on That Vile young woman’s quotes!

13. Noel says:

i think the daily mail got what the really wanted: people talking about them, beyonce, and miley. the music business is less about music and more about image.

SORRY

15. candylicker says:

I agree with th efirst comment, and Kimye – super funny. It really gets on my nerves no one can say anything bad about this chick with out being labled a hater. You people (bey-stans) are SICK. get a freakin life!

16. Kilode? says:

@Kimye….”she will never be smarter than a 3rd grader.”

LOL and Kim will?

17. Howdy! I simply would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great data you have right here on this post. I shall be coming back to your blog for extra soon.