January 2nd, 2014
Claire's Life, Fashion News, New Years Resolutions
Style Diary: Sydney, Australia + Claire’s New Year’s Fashion Resolutions

Happy New Year, Bombers and Bombshells!
I rang in 2014 16 hours ahead of all of you in Australia, with an onslaught of fireworks, tequila, and revelry.
Before all the merriment, I took a moment to shoot one of my looks with Lisa Pires of Love Note Photography, and bet on a bit of a different look, comprised of a Christopher Kane striped tee, Helmut Lang Draped Asymmetrical Skirt, and my Altuzarra booties, worn with socks.
Claire Sulmers Christopher Kane Shirt Helmut Lang asymmetrical skirt topshop jewelry altuzarra boots Fashion-Bomb-Daily-Love-Note-Photography Fashion-Bomb-Daily-Love-Note-Photography-10
This year’s fashion resolutions are short, but simple: to share even more moments of my life with you, and also continue to push myself outside of my comfort zone. Try different things, and see how they rock…be a little bold and daring!
Claire Sulmers Christopher Kane Shirt Helmut Lang asymmetrical skirt topshop jewelry altuzarra boots Fashion-Bomb-Daily-Love-Note-Photography Fashion-Bomb-Daily-Love-Note-Photography--12
Moreso than style, my main goals are to make this blog a more soulful place. I’ll admit, for a moment last year I lost sight of the vision I originally had for this site, and allowed it to kind of run on autopilot. For 2014, I want to revisit our fabulous Breaking into Fashion interviews, seek out more and more undiscovered talent, and share style from a global perspective.
7-claire-sulmers-fashion-bomb-daily-the-bomb-life-love-not-photography-christopher-kane-shirt-helmut-lang-skirt-altuzarra-booties-claire-sulmers-american-fashion-blogger-australia
To that end, I’d definitely love to travel even more. And hone my interview and on camera skills for the future of Fashion Bomb TV!
At any rate, that’s what I hope for for 2014. What about you?
Claire Sulmers Christopher Kane Shirt Helmut Lang asymmetrical skirt topshop jewelry altuzarra boots Fashion-Bomb-Daily-Love-Note-Photography Fashion-Bomb-Daily-Love-Note-Photography-19
Be sure to check TheBombLife.com soon for a full recap of my trip to Australia!
Images: Lisa Pires of Love Note Photography. Makeup by @MakeupMode.

20 Responses to “Style Diary: Sydney, Australia + Claire’s New Year’s Fashion Resolutions”

1. Bombaskbeetch says:

Claire, you are a BOMBSHELL!

love the look and you are werking it.

2. Cris says:

Werk Claire, love the look girly

3. Honeybrown says:

I loved everything about this post from the look to the commentary. I love your blog Claire and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

4. Candace says:

I’m going to start wearing “outfits” again. This year I’ve been just throwing on any top and bottom (rough year). Once a homeless man I see often, told me I was fallin off.

5. Candace says:

BTW luv the hair and make up Claire.

6. Claire says:

@Candace LOL
    Thanks everyone, Happy New Year!

7. southern says:

i want the necklace and hair

8. courtney says:

Could you do a segment on diet end exercise? You look really great!!!

9. Melly va nelly says:

Claire you look great thank you for sharing this I have a asymmetrical skirt that I’ve been hesitant to wear but I think I’m gone give it a try

10. Peache says:

Claire #noshade but why are your headlights on girl LOL…bless your heart I think they have a spank bra for that…either way you look great best to you in 2014.

11. Dion says:

Claire you are so damn sexy I cant even…Happy New Year!

12. nyc chick says:

I love from the neck up. Claire looks beautiful. The neck down needs work.

That top is horrible. Looks like a NY Yankees practice tee. Also the headlights and the fit overall with the skirt are just bad. I’ve seen Claire numerous times and this makes her look far bigger and more masculine than she is in real life.

Also, Claire- PLEASE start showing your collarbone. It will soften, feminize, and make you look more youthful. Chokers also probably aren’t a good look. They are tough for ample boosomed ladies b/c they throw off proportions.

Sorry if I’ve offended, but you can do much better than this!

13. nyc chick says:

OK, I admit I went straight to the pics. After reading Claire’s commentary I feel kinda bad b/c what she had to say was really positive.

I really appreciate what she had to say and her resolutions for 2014 and the vision for the blog.

14. Claire says:

Excuse my headlights. Oy, how embarrassing! Guess I forgot my padded bra that day!

15. Christine says:

Claire, Happy New Year. I’m glad to hear the blog will go back to enriched content. Years ago you did share your fashion resolutions. I’d love to hear them, can you share them for 2014?

16. Natasha says:

Global, eh? Come to Canada already, Claire. I mean, GOSH GOLLY GEE :) Montreal and Toronto (but more Montreal, let’s be serious) are great fashion hubs.

All the best to you and the FBD Team. Was happy to go through ’13 with you ladies (…and if that was you losing vision – what with the YouTube vids, meet ‘n greets, street style photog and daily input – then ’14 going to be bananas).

Entre temps, je t’envoie plein de bisous Montréalais!

17. hzvy says:

say what Claire you are in Sydney?? do you have any interesting things, meets, etc lined up because I’d love to meet you! That said above outfit not my fav from you but a good move for your resolution of bold, daring and getting out of your zone, good on you.

18. kateee says:

This outfit is not a good look Claire. Many commentators have said that its best if you try v-neck or open shoulder tops. The closed neckline does not suit big busted women such as yourself

19. SK says:

YASSS MS. Claire !!!! Work Hunnie!