December 19th, 2013
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Kelly from New York

Tomorrow our Fashion Bombshell/Bomber of the Year gauntlet goes DOWN. So Kelly from New York will be our last Bombshell of 2013! Next week we’re taking off, and we’ll be doing 2nd timers for the last week of the year.
Until then, let’s take a gander at today’s selection:
kelly from new york
The blogger for IslandChic77.com writes, “I’m originally from Jamaica West Indies.”
kelly from new york. 00
” I usually choose an outfit depending on my mood.”

kelly from new york 3
“My style is definitely a feminine/edgy combination more than anything.”

kelly from new york 8
“I love bright vibrant colors…”
kelly from new york.jpg iio
“…and this season I’ve been obsessed with turbans…”

1 kelly from new york.
“… and crop tops…”

kelly from new york
“Can’t get enough:)”

kelly from new york.jpg i
” See more of me here @islandchic77 where I share outfit deets and let you in on my lil fam:) xo”

kelly from new york.jpg oie;
Boom! End the year with a bang, why don’t you? Love absolutely everything, but your all white outfit? Hot!
Catch more of her looks on her blog IslandChic77.com and on Instagram @islandchic77.
What do you think?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
61 comments

61 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Kelly from New York”

1. melissa says:

now claire this here is what i’m talking bout. i love it. she looks super hot. i love the accordion style maxi skirt. my fave look. shes a cutie and i love the looks;-)

2. Dreadful Beauty says:

For 2014 can we please ban the phrase ” I dress according to my mood”. EVERYBODY says that and it’s played out!

3. Kam Kam says:

Big up to my fellow yardie, u style tun up!

Just not feeling the weave.

4. NoHate says:

LoVed Everything!!

5. jme says:

I love every look. The outfit from the second picture is my fave. Definitely ending the year with a bang! Bombshell.

6. Shirley says:

The all black and all white outfits, love the most! This bombshell right here got some major legs!!!

7. heyyall says:

I like her style but her hair is killing me

8. JLynn719 says:

ehhhh… that Zara skort is way too short and most of these looks are on every other “fashionistas’” instagram. And I HATE those shiny American Apparel “pants”…. such a decline from yesterday :-( She’s pretty tho!

Super cute! I love that all white look.. She have great pieces # bombshell

10. meekaG says:

That all white fit mama you bangin in that!

i think she tried a little too hard to be fashion-ward. it doesnt look nature. sorry!! however, she is pretty!!!

12. Danielle says:

I don’t see a thing wrong with her hair. It slays honey.

Very nice, and the pictures are refreshing, no filters, full length, different poses. Very well done.

14. Mobetta says:

I think she’s stunning and LOVES to play with lots of colors…I can definitely see that her style speaks for her without having to say a word.

15. DarkNLovely says:

Hell yessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it all.

Hate the banged wig, sorry

17. Diva says:

she looks good

18. Hanna says:

I LOVE her style, SHE just needs to know showing so much skin ins’t always the best thing. Leave something to the imagination. Covered up more is better, and a GROWN WOMAN!

19. Samantha says:

Claire,

I love that fashion-bombers can send pictures of how their fashion has evolved but Kelly has been featured on here many times. I think that you should expose us to new fashion-bombers and not so many repeats.

20. Beyfan1 says:

Claire,

Tell these commentators..that you are a grown woman! You can do whatever you want….it’s your blog!

21. anonymous says:

She looks nice but strikes me as a snob…If you go to her blog she never responds to questions or comments..

22. tahlyuh says:

She definitely has a presence. Whether you like it or not, you’re going to look.

I personally love the look with the camo turban and pea green pleated maxi skirt. It’s using color in an understated, moderated way. I will be recreating!

For someone who doesn’t wear a lot of color or a lot of saturated color, it’s a lot. I don’t even think it’s a bombardment of color. Maybe it’s just the neon toe nail polish.

I do get Instagram vibes from today’s post. There’s been more Instagrammy Bombshells in the past.

Claire, continue to feature whoever/however/whenver. I rather see repeats than not have a Bombshell for that day. Everyone evolves. I like seeing evolution of repeat Bombshells.

I think we get caught up in the terms “Fashion” and “Bombshell”. I just see this a showcase and platform for women to share how they express themselves. I just enjoy seeing the spectrum.

23. Tahlyuh says:

whenever*

24. Dee Fresh says:

That bone structure though! Nice!!

25. rian says:

yes Caribbean gyal tun up.

The white outfit could of been great. The shoe cuts her off and makes her thighs bigger. The leather look the dress and the boots too much leather. The outfit with the turban camouflage and leather and the long maxi skirt is to busy. The t-shirt outfit with the coat and the bag is cool. I like that she uses colors. The hair destroys some of the outfit with the loose wave. I think if she went a little shorter on the hair it would have been nicer.Overall I give her a nod. Its all good.

27. WOW! YOU DID THAT GIRL!

28. Also what I love is that she isn’t wearing anything terribly expensive but looks amazing. This is fly and sexy on a budget. I was blown away. Have you been saving this one for the end of year Claire?

29. Simple fashion says:

Nothing I would wear, but I surprisingly like it. It was well put together.

30. nyc chick says:

executes trendy looks very well, but not original. very typically urban instagrammy fashionista. nothing wrong with that. well done for the (predictable) look she is striving for; however, she really needs to burn those wigs.

LADIES COMMENT ON HER FASHION, NOT HER HAIR. WHY MUST WE AS LADIES MUST BE SO NEGATIVE. LEARN TO LIFT UP INSTEAD OF PUTTING OTHERS DOWN!!!!!!!!

32. Trina says:

True, but fashion is from head to toe.

33. K.Pierre says:

I think she looks very well put together. I’m definitely getting that NY vibe too.

34. special zebra says:

those legs..

35. Caribbean flavor says:

It’s funny how we can attack from behind our computers. She looks good and no wonder we as a people always coming in last because we keep down our own. The outfits are well put together and they speak to her personal style.

36. lia says:

how many black women in America with kids look like this. in fact lets just say how many black women look this toned and look after themselves like this. Not many we all know this. So lets give credit where its due when one fly beautiful black mama is featured here. because women like her a 10 a an endangered specie in the black community. Hot check , toned body check, educated check , married with a child check. bombshell period. been following your blog for a while i am a big fan. Ladies listern and learn , this right here is one heck of a black women.

37. viola says:

@ Anonymous 4:44 PM, “could of” is incorrect grammar.I repeat, it is incorrect!It should be “could have”.

38. Natasha says:

I think her abs made me mad. Wasn’t feeling the style but the body goes for-damn-well-EVER. Go on, Kelly.

39. Rosie says:

Pretty girl, ok style.

40. HeatherBeelee says:

I liked her looks minus the hair the bang killed it and her clear shoes too tight

She has it… one glance made me want to view the whole blog well done :-) !~

42. Alexandria says:

Every look was well executed. I love her coral, hybrid stiletto-wedge heels! Where can I find those?

If this girl walked past you on the street you would say she was fly or would be jealous of her…stop hating ugh!

Here’s a goal of 2014…be supportive instead of trying to tear apart people.

44. Peaches says:

The girl looks good, evolving style is good and she carries off all the looks in a stylish way, her punches of color adds to her fashion sense. I found her to be style conscious. Looking good.

45. LawyerLady says:

I easily selected bombshell. I liked all the looks. (Of course the double platform shoe must die a fiery death)! I loved the neon toes!! So cute, touch of street which I love. The long straight bang wig/weave unequivocally detracts from her beauty.

Who is tearing apart or being jealous? I see pretty positive feedback about this young lady over all. Just about everyone acknowledges she looks good.

People have the right to dislike her wig or think her style is predictable. (And yes, your hair and make up are very much a part of your fashion). That doesn’t make them haters or unsupportive. . Do we not have the right to opinions? Isn’t that the whole point of commenting on blogs?

I give this woman props for being fit and executing well, but I personally, don’t find this style compelling or original. Perhaps bc I live in Brooklyn and see it ALL the time. The turban, the spandex, the platforms, the weave.. It’s a uniform. I give her full credit for executing it far better than most. She’s giving me a cute 2013 ’round the way girl which is cool but not FB in my personal opinion

I took the time to explain this bc it’s quick and easy to dismiss critique as hate. It’s OK to have different opinions. Just because you might feel jealously from seeing this woman walking down the street doesn’t mean we all would.

47. Stephane says:

Style is nice, not bombshell but still nice. Favorite outfit is the maxi skirt!

Great pictures, but her hair is pretty distracting.

48. diadia says: