December 17th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Shopping

Naya Rivera and Big Sean are a very serious couple, and commemorated their engagement with a Christmas Card Shoot with photographer Tony Duran.
For the high wattage flick, Naya skewed her usual sultry self in a red embellished wrap gown by Diane von Furstenberg:
Naya Rivera's Big Sean Engagement Christmas Card Diane von Furstenberg Julian Red Sequin Wrap Gown
I wasn’t able to find the dress on the Diane von Furstenberg site, though Minka Kelly modeled a similar DVF dress for the Heart’s Truth Red Dress Collection 2012 Fashion Show:
rose mcgown diane von furstenberg sequin gown
Well give ‘em glamour, Naya! She looks hot! Though something about this couple seems so…forced.
Maybe it’s just me.
What do you think?

See a few more pictures from their shoot here:
0 naya rivera big sean christmas card

naya rivera big sean christmas card

40 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Naya Rivera’s Big Sean Engagement Christmas Card Diane von Furstenberg Julian Red Sequin Wrap Gown”

1. Nisha says:

Minka looks breathtaking>>>> WOW

2. 2 cents says:

Fake Kim and Kanye.
    Also, black women: does it make you feel some kind of way that all these black rappers choose women of another, fairer race?
    Diddy w Cassie
    Kim w Kanye
    Big Sean w Naya
    Are they allergic to chocolate skin?

3. Aya says:

I really don’t care who these guys like to date nor the reason. You gonna waste away wondering why not you. Lol Not my concern. However I’ve been thinking since jump they seem very forced, but whatever. Good for them.

4. Frost says:

@2 Cents — what are you talking about? All of those rappers have been with darker skinned women. So ignorant.

5. Drina says:

They look so good together.

@ 2cents there is nothing wrong if a black guy wants to date a white girl. Every one should be allowed to date who they like and love who they want to love.
    However what ur feeling is the same way some white women feel when some white guys date only black women. So you are not alone in your sentiments.

That being said,so many white guys would date black women if many black women would actually give them the chance.

That face is more frozen than ice in the arctic! These two are over exposing themselves. It’s quite bizarre, because I don’t think there’s that much interest in their relationship to warrant all these shoots they’re publicising.

7. simplyjess says:

NO! She gives me the impression that she is desperately trying to elevate them to the next “it” couple and I’m sure it’s not going to happen. Have several seats –> –> that’a way!

8. Amber says:

whats up with all these black guys refusing to marry their own kind. Now, Im all for interracial couples, but DAMN it almost feels like 75% of black men have jumped ship. I usually feel strange and out of place hanging around a black male, but when i am around european men im beautiful and exotic, and it sucks because Im more attracted to black men

9. kikiwattsvoice says:

Um, Naya is mixed with black. She just happens to look more hispanic. Smh black women can be so judgmental about someone’s outer appearance. Self hate at its finest.

10. Jasmine says:

Naya’s mom is black but she just looks more Hispanic like her dad. She has a sister who’s a model and looks black like their mom. Her sis is gorgeous by the way, one of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen. And don’t let the media fool you. Most black men date and marry black women. Why worry about who some rapper dates?? They don’t represent all black men. I mean, really, would you really want to be with someone like Diddy or Kanye?? There are plenty of good men out there ready and willing to date a beautiful black woman. Open your eyes a bit and be the best you you can be. They can smell confidence a mile away.

11. Jasmine says:

Oh and yes this couple seems very forced. Like they are really determined to be the next “it”couple.

12. bella says:

her face…………..what did she do to it? nobody is buying this couple. beautiful dress though.

13. Jihan says:

I’m not checking for rappers, I’m checking for men with good jobs who are going to be good dads. Couldn’t care less if rappers aren’t tryna get with me or girls who look like me… I have bigger, more educated fish to fry…

and @Jasmine is right. Most black men date black women anyway. Black women are the ones who usually choose not to date outside, but hey.. there are so many fine men of all shades, why limit yourself? Why not sample the buffet? IT’S ALL YUMMY.

don’t know if they’re a forced couple or not. We should just be happy that people are together, even if it is to satisfy their own respective vanities.

14. SK says:

She gives me trying to be Kim in every photo. I like Naya and her style is ok, but they do seem like ever since they came out as a couple they are really aspiring to be the new Kimye. I don’t know, but that’s just what I get from their photo ops. Naya is too beautiful to keep messing with her face and giving us that plastic doll pouted mouth expression in all her shots. Girl! We read you from a mile away. I’m happy for them but they need to just be THEM Kimye is taken. That’s what feels forced about it. Holiday card? Really? LOL I can’t! They look good though I can’t deny that.

15. DarkNLovely says:

People seem to be missing the point. It doesn’t matter if she is half black..she doesn’t look black.. and unfortunately that is what matters to most of these black men. Black women are always viewed as hostile and “self hating” when we speak up about the OBVIOUS choices black men are making in regards to the race of their significant others. Its shameful and sad at the same damn time. Yes I said it.

16. Taylor says:

When Kim and Kanye are posted together, no one says, “Why doesn’t Kanye dates his kind”..But since its Naya and Sean its a big problem. People are such hypocrites! I am sure she is not trying to be Kim K those are her God given features!

She looks like a statue especially in the black and white pic!

18. Brielle says:

That photoshop is serious!!!

19. Blue Ivy Carter says:

@2 Cent you done shock the TABLE……but me myself a black women LOVE HER SOME WHITE MEN!! I’ve only dated one black men, all my boyfriends have been white. I love me some snowflakes….especially french men. Makes me melt.

20. heyyall says:

I think you should be able to date whom ever you choose, BUT @2cent does have a point.. Black men in the light or out the light.. Love them some white looking women. I mean their mind has been conditioned to it, so what do we expect. My nephew who is 6 loves light skin girls and that’s b/c all he see on TV is light skin women..

21. Khaholi says:

Why is everyone so concerned about interracial dating and the light skin/dark skin thing?

If some blk men (and women) don’t like blk women because of conscious and subconscious conditioning, I can only extend my sympathies to them; I can’t be offended because its their loss for being narrow minded.

And, Naya should stop trying so hard to look good and just smile for once!

22. NYC chick says:

2 cents has a legitimate point. A growing number of black men these days, famous AND everyday men….particularly those in large urban cities are losing interest in black women. I know sooooo many black men who have stopped dating black girls. Some others only date mixed or mixed looking. It’s a very obvious trend. How many black celebrities date women who are as black/dark as they are? I bet you can count the couples on one hand…maybe even one finger.

This is no hate towards the women. White, Latin, and light Black skin women are beautiful and deserve love too. Im just saying you can not deny that there is a very extreme and disproportionate phenomenon going on. I’ve had so many conversations with Black men who have given up on sisters… And unfortunately, it’s often the half way decent ones with stuff going for themselves.

23. NYC chick says:

That said, they look good but they sure are trying way hard but I guess that’s what urban culture is about these days.

24. S says:

Is is that deep? I’m a woman of a certain age, so Naya and Big Sean as a couple is really irrelevant to me. I see a nice young couple in a photo, dressed for Holiday festivities. Simple as that.

However I will say, when it comes to colorism attitudes in our culture have been skewed practically since the first ship of slaves arrived in this country. We can’t control who others choose as a partner, we can only control what happens in our own lives. Concentration on relationships and preferences should be centered there.

25. CC says:

I can’t with Naya’s face, she’s out here looking a figure at Madame Tussauds. It’s pretty obvious what they are trying to be, and with Naya looking a kim k duplicate, they are well on their way.

Black men choose to date outside of their race a lot because a lot (NOT ALL) black women have such horrible attitudes and they don’t ever know when to stop with all of the drama. I’m dating an up and coming rapper, and I know once he blows a lot of you bw are going to have a problem with me, just like the ones here complaining about Naya. She’s not black looking enough?! GTFOH!!!

27. LoveMechelle says:

does anyone else see Kermit the frog when looking at her??? I do…every picture..

28. mr.fashion101 says:

I am not happy-go-lucky with the photo cards.
    I believe this lady should smile more.
    Her face looked force with no personality.
    I think she is okay. Nothing special.

29. Jade says:

Does anyone else think she looks demonic ?!

30. riley says:

Loathe it looks ridiculous. It’s Christmas why so serious? I’m black, married to a white man, couldn’t be less attracted to black men. People should date who they want to date and black women should stop complaining and stop limiting themselves. We are getting left behind wishing and whining for black men when actually there are plenty of good men of other races who will treat us like queens and want the love we have to give. Maybe a whiter shade of pale or some cream in your coffee will do you good.

31. Eae609 says:

All you with the negative comments SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! You sound like the haters you are! And know you wish you could have a fraction of the money and attention let alone looks they have! Not everyone is trying to be Kim/Kanye or jayz and Beyoncé they are not the end all be all couples! Everyone has something similar or a like to another! We get inspiration from everywhere and everything! They look gorgeous just doing their thing and are a beautiful couple. Stop being so negative and focus on race or who what looks like who! They look amazing in their own right!

32. Kilode? says:

Daaymn J-Lo is that you?

33. Jessy says:

You all fell for the troll trick…who cares who Big Sean dates? Seriously…

34. MynameisPeaches! says:

@Darkandlovely do not erase someone’s racial identity just because they do not fit into a racist stereotype of what a black person or a mixed race black person looks like. No matter how non-black she looks to you she is still half black and has every right to claim that part of her identity. Seriously I am sick of the ‘identity police who think they have a right to police other people’s identity.
    Maybe you should Google phenotype because I think you’ve got it confused with genotype.

photoshop !!!!

36. makeeasweet says:

They look great together.Not all black woman get upset when they see a black men that date outside their race.I also like to date outside,but i still have love for black men.

37. Missy D says:

I’m sorry but she really has screwed up her face!! These pictures look horrible of her, she looks like a 40 year old woman, who has over filled her face to try to look young. The sad part is she is young!! Not feeling this plastic look at all.

Lol@ Anonymous!! When your up and coming rapper bf blows, you’ll be looking for some bw’s shoulder to cry on because he will likely drop you! They never stay with the come up girl! Case in point ^^^

These two look good on their own, but they don’t look comfortable with each other.

39. Maria V. says:

I could care less about people’s racial concerns, but something about this couple just reeks of insincerity to me.

It just feels like she’s trying too hard. Big Sean’s body language does not remind me of a man that is madly in love with his lady.