December 17th, 2013
Claire's Life, Fashion News, Style Diary

Happy Holidays!
My social calendar runneth over with oodles of events. Tonight I’m headed to a Moet Nectar Rosé Lounge hosted by Future; last week, I attended a holiday dinner sponsored by Pikolinos shoes.
Claire Sulmers Kimberly Goldson striped gold and navy suit saint laurent bone pumps miu  miu white clutch
For the occasion, I tried on another Kimberly Goldson suit for size, namely her super festive Brooke Tuxedo Jacket and Camila Striped Pants.
Claire Sulmers Kimberly Goldson gold and navy suit miu miu clutch saint laurent bone pumps 00
I offset the jazzy ensemble with a white button down, Saint Laurent bone pumps, and a matching Miu Miu clutch.
After shooting my look with Lydia Hudgens, I headed to the Pikolinos dinner hosted by Tai Beauchamp. I, along with editors Zandile Blay, Julee Wilson, Felicia Walker Benson, and more, enjoyed a delicious dinner catered by Yum Yum NYC:
Felicia-Walker-Benson-Claire-Sulmers-Tai-Beauchamp-pikolinos-dinner

The dinner was to raise awareness about Pikolinos’s line of Maasai designed beaded sandals, whose proceeds go towards helping the Kenyan community. We gathered to ogle the cute wares and learn more about the initiative.
claire-sulmers-pikolinos-dinner-tai-beauchamp

Check out a few fun party pix:

janelle-tai-beachamp-celia-smith-pikolinos-dinner

Janelle Grimmond, Essence.com‘s Celia Smith, Essence’s Bettina Prophete, Tai Beachamp

janelle-zandile-blay-pikolinos-dinner-tai-beauchamp
Zandile Blay and Janelle Grimmond
julee-wilson-tai-beauchamp-celia-smith-janelle-pikolinos
Tai Beauchamp, Pikolinos Global Brand Ambassador Bisila Bokoko, Huffington Post Black Voices Editor Julee Wilson, Essence.com Fashion Editor Celia Smith, Janelle Grimmond, Essence Magazine’s Bettina Prophete
pikolinos-claire-sulmers-kelley-carter
Me with Real Simple Magazine Editor Kelley Carter
pikolinos-janelle-hazelwood-tai-beauchamp-latham
Black Enterprise’s Janell Hazelwood and Maternity Lifestyle Expert Latham Thomas with Tai Beauchamp and Bisila Bokoko
pikolinos-tai-beachamp-janell-hazelwood-celia-smith
Janell Hazelwood, Celia Smith, Tai Beachamp, Bettina Prophete

zandile-blay-chiona-nnadi-pikolinos
Zandile Blay and Vogue.com‘s Chioma Nnadi
tai-beauchamp-rajni-jacques-pikolinos-dinner
Tai Beachamp with Glamour Magazine editor Rajni Jacques

The Pikolinos x Maasai sandals are really cute!! Check out a few styles below:
pikolinos maasai women sandals

pikolinos maasai women sandals 0

0 0  pikolinos maasai women sandals
They ring in at about $200 a pop, and all sales go towards a charitable cause. See more here.
At any rate, it was a fun night, and a fabulous way to kick off the holiday season.
tai-beachamp-claire-sulmers-pikolinos-janell-hazelwood-this-that-beauty

I’d love to hear what your party plans entail–and what you’re wearing!!
If you’re stumped, check out our What to Wear Holiday section for suggestions.
Read more about Pikolinos here.
Smootches!
Photos by Lydia Hudgens

34 Responses to “Holiday Style Diary: A Pikolinos Dinner Wearing a Kimberly Goldson Navy and Gold Striped Brooke Tuxedo Suit, Saint Laurent Bone Pumps, and a Miu Miu Clutch”

I love you Claire but your suit is giving me Barnum and Bailey Circus Ringmaster realness.

2. Do Better Claire says:

Claire no disrespect but you look horrible! Please do better

3. jas says:

^ are you the same person? the reason i ask that is because the icons are the same and that usually happens when your typing from the same computer.
    @CLAIRE I LOVE IT!

4. You look fabulous. I love your hair.

5. Hot! says:

Love it! Great holiday look.

The suit look fab but I don’t know how I like it on you tho…no disrespect… but I do like how you paired it with the white pumps… thanks for sharing

7. fly won says:

i loved that suit when i first saw it on the website.

8. jeda says:

Claire you did that!
    Blessings

9. Jos says:

I like the suit! I think Michaela Angela Davis wore the same suit recently as well. I seen it on her IG.

Claire you are beautiful, love your hair and makeup but the suit does not suit you at all.

And I’ve noticed that you fancy a button up shirt that’s buttoned all the way to the top. I think as a busty woman you have to be careful with those because it will give the appearance of obe big boob and make you look stuffed. I especially don’t like it with suits like this on you .perhaps a lower top would have been better , thus giving you some neck .

12. I love how the gold in the suit looks with your hair and that face is beat as always!

13. Brittany says:

This would definitely land you on someone’s worst dressed list. I also agree with the shirts. An open neckline would be better.

14. The truth says:

I honestly love the boldness of this suit especially as a holiday piece. It compliments your hair very nicely too. I think I would break up the pieces and maybe wear the blazer with jeans or navy or red pencil pants though.

15. Claire says:

@Jas Michaela Angela D did wear it last night! We’re all supporting our black designers;)
    Thanks for the feedback. I’m 100% ok if some of you don’t like it. Style can sometimes elicit discussion, as we see with our Hot or Hmms… Some like it, some hate it, in the end I (and we) will live to dress another day.
    Back to my question: What are y’all rocking to your holiday parties??

16. Brittany says:

The weather was horrible so I wore a galaxy printed blouse, jeans, and burgundy flat short boots. I’d look extremely out of place if I wore any of the suggestions in the what to wear section. L

17. Andrea says:

@ Claire..im wearing mostly leather and fur. Helmut Lang pants, equipment tops and chunky sweaters..footwear will depend on the weather…LL Bean boots or Elizabeth James booties. Nothing as sparkly as your ensemble… that i do love for a holiday party.

18. Jihan says:

I’m all done with my holiday parties. I wore a red v-neck american apparel tee and ponyhair leopard print skirt to one with my pour la victoire loafers (not playing that high heel game)

to another party i went with all black leather peplum top, black jeans, black booties.

basically, anything that either shows off my boobs or i can spill on without getting it dirty. So I’m leaving my equipment tops in my moda operandi garment bag.. :(

ETA: love the suit. Zanidle Blay’s skin is out of control freaking gorgeous, and I wish there was a shot of Rajni’s look! i like her personal style, she always looks so comfy and like that cool girl from high school who i wanted to be friends with.

19. mr.fashion101 says:

I’m sorry but this is my least favorite look I have seen on you since your make-over(blonde hair and beat face).

I love the hair and face but the suit was a mouthful (had to digest slowly and still wasn’t please with the taste.

I didn’t care for the suit on you.

You look like a gift box.

Judging from the looks on everyone else there, it look as tho you was trying to hard to stand out.

I think you have good taste and can do better.

Something simple and chic would work better.

I don’t feel, I am giving you a hard time because you judge others for a living but because this look can be judge a lot on many levels.

Happy Holiday Fashionbombdaily.com

20. Wetin? says:

I’m not particularly in love with this look. I feel the blazer is a poor fit. Hair and makeup looks amazing!!

I think I’m just not a fan of striped suits at all…not just on you, but on anyone. Only as separates does it ever work for me. But you did come close to making it work, Claire! Hair and makeup look fabulous as always.

22. Dom Dom says:

Claire, girl, I live for you but this get up is giving me humbug realness. Not the tea, at all.

23. Jasmine says:

I actually kinda like this look. As someone else said, you do look like a gift box but I think it fits the occasion. Hair and makeup impeccable as always.

24. Crystal says:

I don’t like stripes or navy so alas, I don’t like this suit but Claire looks pretty as always.

I have no idea what I’m wearing. I have some velvet skinny jeans and sequined joggers that will probably end up in a goodwill bag with tags on them if I don’t wear them now.

25. Faith says:

Love this Claire!

Company holiday party is in January so…I’ll report back then!

No idea what I’m wearing for NYE, or if I’m actually doing anything. Oh well lol

26. Sasha says:

I disagree with many because I love it! Claire you look so beautiful. I love the outfit, the make up, the hair. Everything went together well!!

27. Starla says:

I must be one of the few who loved this look, but I am a big kid at heart. It just reminds me of candy cane, fun, joy, and the holiday spirit all wrapped into one outfit. There is something about the cut of the jacket that is throwing it off, I am not sure if it’s the length or what. I am also not sure if white was the perfect balancer for the vividness of the suit, but in truth, I do love the suit and its magical, festive appeal.

28. S says:

Your face and make up are gorgeous but I don’t think this suit (or the navy blue one from a few posts ago) do anything for your body type.

I love and support Kimberly and love some of the individual pieces she’s made from this fabric, bit not this suit! Very circus clown and I agree with the other poster about opening up/showing your collar bone Claire. You are too young and too busty to always be buttoned up to the neck. Show us a little of that pretty skin the break up the area around your face.

As far as what I will be wearing to holiday parties- monochrome looks in black, burgundy and other jewel tones in sleek silhouettes. Leather. Keeping my clothes chic/elegant. Adding drama with festive shoes, hair and make up

30. NYC chick says:

Lots of beautiful black women in these pics!

I love and support Kimberly and love some of the individual pieces she’s made from this fabric, but not Claire’s suit! Very circus clown and I agree with the other poster about opening up/showing your collar bone Claire. You are too young and too busty to always be buttoned up to the neck. Show us a little of that pretty skin the break up the area around your face.

31. mrsnicky says:

You look beautiful Claire! I love the suit, I thnk its holiday- fashion- perfect!
    I will be rocking a suit too- with sequins! Yaaaay holidays lol!

32. KEESH says:

Your Hair is Gorge … Love it.

33. Peaches says:

Claire, I thought the suit was beautiful and stylish and your hair and makeup made the look. Yea Claire!!!

34. Ms.Miss You! says:

I can say this was a “hell no” moment for her. we all make fashion mistakes. Thank you for inspiring me :0)