December 17th, 2013
Ethnic Models, Fashion, Fashion News, Rihanna
Fashion News: Rihanna Is The Face of Balmain’s Spring 2014 Campaign
By Cliche

First Erykah Badu for Givenchy, now Rihanna for Balmain! The high fashion game is being invaded by some of our favorite entertainers, and I’m not mad! While gorgeous top models Joan Smalls, Jourdan Dunn, and Chanel Iman were getting their everlasting lives in Beyoncé’s latest musical offering, Rihanna stormed through with these stunning snaps:

Rihanna-for-Balmain-Spring-2014The French brand took to Twitter earlier this morning to unveil the Inez and Vinoodh lensed images. Oh, and not a minute too soon! Also of note, Rih’s Mel Ottenberg was put on styling duty.

Rihanna-for-Balmain-Spring-2014-2How does Creative Director Olivier Rousteing feel about this? Well, someone might want to make sure he’s still breathing after he spazzed on Instagram, “THE ONLY GIRL IN THE WORLD #dreamsdocometrue @badgalriri  @balmainparis #thankU #loveU #INspiration #Icon #beauty#FOREVER #Springsummer2014 #balmainiac . Front of the caméra you make me feel like you were the only girl in the world , you are more than an icon , you are my inspiration and an inpiration for an entiere generation . #loveU and #thankU”

That hand tattoo is still growing on me, but I’ll be darned if someone tries to tell me this gal can’t model her butt off! Gorge!

What do you think?

~Cliché

19 Responses to “Fashion News: Rihanna Is The Face of Balmain’s Spring 2014 Campaign”

1. lima says:

Wow! what kind of bullsh*t write up is in this post??! This is something major! yet you write some unnecessary jargon, where at 90% of it is not even about the topic.

Anyway Congratulations Rihanna!

2. Jihan says:

she looks really hot.

reading is hard Cliche lolol

3. Ki says:

Entertainers invaded the fashion game a long time ago, but Rihanna fits perfectly in this Balmain campaign. Kudos!!!

4. k says:

I love it! This is a great fit for the both of them. I promise I will be able to afford Balmain one day. She looks hot ta def in that blue jean.

5. k says:

And that hand tatt is hideous!!

6. Peaches says:

Great look RiRi, congrats on the campaign, looks awesome

These pics look most terrible. She looks like she just used some sort of drug! That is just my opinion.

8. Kitty B. says:

These pics are horrible! That hair is a tragedy! Congrats to her on the campaign, but they could’ve done better with the pics.

I wonder if she regrets that hand tattoo yet?

9. Phoebe says:

FABULOUS!

10. FXCCKINGNEELY says:

I’m one of Rihanna’s biggest fans but I don’t like her hair in these. They could have done better with that. I’m SUPERRRRR tired of houndstooth too, but Rih look good as usual! She’s my favorite celeb in my favorite label. I can’t wait to see more.

11. steph says:

I think Rihanna looks great, but the background in this photo reminds me of the grout in a dirty bathroom. Yuck. Not feeling it.

12. neecy says:

I love love love this partnership. Rihanna wears Balmain well, so its a perfect fit. I love the tossed look of the hair. Very rocker chic edgy and fits the clothes well. As usual she slays in front of the camera!

13. S says:

@Lima….Huh??? The whole damned post is about Rihanna and Balmain. Anyway, I really like the campaign and I like the pink houndstooth. It’s really fitting for her. *SMILES*

She looks gorgeous but the modeling isn’t as great as yall are making it seem.

15. Mic says:

For me, fashion wise Rihanna can do no wrong. She has a real sexuality vibe about her, not the fake big booty, thick thighs, paint by the numbers sex that her major competitor is offering. She is smokin’ hot.

16. Crystal says:

Not sure people realize how HUGE this is! This should be the top story of every fashion and music blog right now.

17. Mary says:

Um its not that huge Ciara been had Givenchy sponsorship & now Erykah. Rihanna’s one of many in the fashion world. Singers do fashion, its not a new concept

18. NYC chick says:

I love these pics of Rihanna!

19. Wow says:

Why do ppl feel the need to mention ciara yea..she s pretty but she didn’t get chosen …obviously he was inspired by Rihanna…I think he chose right she looks good I like the black and white houndstooth