December 13th, 2013
Beyonce, Fashion
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

bow-down-beyonce

•  Today is Bey day, AND YOU WILL DEAL. At 12:01AM, to the surprise of legions of grateful subjects fans,  the singer dropped her fifth album, which includes 14 songs and a whopping 17 videos. #lifereceived. Folks are still reeling–’Yoncé’s even got some celebs shook, with several notables taking to social media to express their excitement over the epic offering. “B done broke the internet. #stanning,” quoth Katy Perry“Don’t talk to me today unless it’s about @Beyonce THANX,” she tweeted, voicing my exact sentiments. “I guess @beyonce’s day has 48 hours instead of 24 … #loveher,” Nina Garcia accurately observed. Joan Smalls, who was privileged enough to appear with the queen on one of the music videos we were blessed with today is also feeling the good vibes. “#Yonce = beyonce #QueenB I’m on a Natural High Today.” (Twitter)

david-koma

Thierry Mugler has named 28-year-old David Koma as the new artistic director of their women’s ready-to-wear label. He is slated to start on January 2nd, and will be presenting his first collection for Resort ’15 in June, and will show in Paris for Spring ’15 as well. (WWD)

miranda-kerr-jaguar-f-type-launch-vip-event-los-angeles-david-koma-look-christian-louboutin-pumps-1

Popsugar has tapped Miranda Kerr as the face of their first print, TV, and digital campaign. “She represents our brand perfectly. She has a gentle balance of being the girl next door, or friend, and a great level of sexiness,” said Brian Sugar, CEO and cofounder of Popsugar. Catch the TV ads for the first time during Monday’s finale of The Voice.  (WWD)

new-kenzo-sweaters-holiday-2013

Kenzo knows the fashion girls can’t get enough of their icon sweaters! So, as a holiday gift to us all, the label is releasing a capsule collection of sparkly, cozy knits emblazoned with their famous roaring tiger, eye symbol, and Eiffel Tower logos. If you like them, you can get them right now for about $336 in boutiques and at Kenzo.com (Fashion Gone Rogue)

alessandra-ambrosio

• It’s bewildering to think that someone like Alessandra Ambrosio would feel the need to get plastic surgery, but the Victoria’s Secret model says that when she was younger, she thought it was necessary for her career. “I always knew I wanted to be a model so I decided to have my ears pinned back, because they stuck out a bit.” But she turned out to be getting more than she bargained for. “I found this doctor in my hometown [of Erechim] in Brazil who had only done it once before, so I was a guinea pig. The first few nights, it felt like someone had cut off my ears. For a year, I had to go back for mini-surgeries. Doctors say they can fix them, but cosmetic surgery freaks me out now.” (The Edit)
~Jihan

26 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Celebrities React to Beyoncé’s New Album, Thierry Mugler Names New Artistic Director, and Kenzo Releases Holiday Sweater Collection”

1. Georgia says:

Hmmm…what appears to happen when you make your videos all at once and then hold them is that you appear to be biting everyone else’s style (Ciara’s hair, Rihanna’s denim thong) from their videos that came out first.

2. Desi says:

Georgia really, I don’t think so. Ciara is not the only celebrity that has rock that style. As for Rihanna’s denim shorts, maybe Rihanna cop that style from seeing Beyonce in it. It could be that way, every artist will do something that is similar to another. I look at it as more of a compliment or coincedence. Let’s stay positive and give a sister props. Either way, from a marketing standpoint, I think it was pretty darn smart of her and I think it will be a success. Her work ethic is out of this world.

3. Iheartkeya says:

Everyday is Bey Day to me. I just love her. Even the other pop/r & b princesses know that she’s the true queen

4. southern says:

nobody is thinking about c.error’s hair or rhi’s denim today

5. simsima says:

YASSSSSS!!!!!!!!! BEYONCE!!! #Virgosbelike,,,,,,Im in love with Drunk in lOve!!!

6. FLEE says:

Georgia.. NICE TRY!! but NO!

Bey slayed with this album and every video. Bitch is a BOSS!

7. Choco aka Hippie says:

LOL at the bs – Beyonce new albums is gutter bucket and so are her lyrics – Her looks are copied but that’s what celebs do…follow the trends.

8. Jacquelyn says:

LOL @ the folks that just cant give Bey credit. Always somebody in the background with their face turned up, MAD! She slayed and this body of work shows she is a GROWN WOMAN. Like Jihan says….It is Bey Day and you will deal…lmao!!

9. Jay refers to his wife as a bitch and tells us he eats her breast for breakfast. She says he ejaculated on her. What a lovely couple? Who says romance is dead?
    Am I suppose to think this is a masterpiece? Unlike some I actually listen to what is said and it’s tack head ratchetness all up and through.

10. LOL says:

LOL at the spineless toothless brown nosers that just can’t deal with those who don’t devil worship. Carry on with the virtual a ss kissing!!!!

11. Claudia says:

I do not understand why people cannot “worship” a celebrity and others DEAL WITH IT! Beyonce is a good singer and a great entertainer. Nothing to be whooping about and no one for my girls to follow. Maybe I am too old, but I do not see why someone other than God has to give a person “life”.

12. Emma says:

Why don’t you eat her p*ssy 2 while your at it?

13. Emma says:

You Stans make me sick!

14. BRAVO EMMA says:

THANK YOU EMMA!!!!!

15. Bird says:

I liked B before but now i dont see the difference between her and Rihanna/Miley…the difference between B:s video and strippers on a pole is that SHE sings the music at the background…i thought she had more in her than selling out her body and image like that. If you have talent show us that and stop dancing/twerking on a pole. Leave that in a club.

16. Kia says:

She’s proven over and over that she has talent, the songs are great, the videos are to die for. “Jealous” is one of my favs, so is “Drunk in Love”, “Blue” “Yonce” ah hell whole album….love you Bey!

17. Emma says:

Well she don’t love you she loved your money

useless stans. she played the heck out of y’all.

19. Shae says:

Fabolous can also get my vote for most fashionable male of the year. There were quite a few inquiries on him. : )

20. Mic says:

Her sexuality is so fake to me. It’s sex by the numbers. I read that Joan Smalls licked her breast in one of the videos. Bey u boring is one step away from the ho stroll.

21. Mesa says:

Newsflash beyonce: has always talked about sex and omg how did she sell sex when people that bought the album barely heard the music or seen the videos?! My goodness and the big difference between her and Rihanna and Miley is that it’s for entertainment purposes. These are videos and it’s her music now she cAnt talk about having sex? She’s grown and married!! What’s the issue? Y’all want this woman to fail so bad.

22. S. says:

Beyonce!!!!

23. SunnyDLight says:

I have always liked B but this latest album did it for me. Not every video is about sex or shaking her butt. And if her husband said he licked her breast for breakfast and got a little jizz on her…what’s wrong with that? That’s like part of your marriage vows..lol Some women are actually in love with their husband and have great wild sex. DRUNK IN LOVE, GROWN WOMAN, AND MINE on repeat!

24. Kilode? says:

@SunnyDLight…AMEN to that lol

25. Queen says:

You guys have to give her a tiny bit of credit. The girl has been trying to stay alive and relevant for a while now. It does seem as though she is trying a little bit too hard. The lyrics, the ass shots, the jirating. I agree with those who say without the visuals it would not have made it thus far. I think she knew that as well. That is why these measures were taken. Her record label probably knew that to. She has to stick to the music cause she can’t act worth shit. I mean terrible. It seems like she has been singing about the same thing for twenty years. There is no growth to her music. Hearing a verse or two in a club is more than enough for me. I definitely wouldn’t buy it, in fact I don’t think I have ever had the interest to buy one of her albums. I really don’t think she worth my money or my ear time. Solange’s music is better than hers and you see how the music industry treats her. Now MJB and Michael Jackson, I’ve got them all. Their music can stand the test of time, I’m still listening to What’s the 411? and Bad. And those who are compare her to MJB and Michael Jackson…You crazy as hell(in my Selita E. Banks voice). Those who like her, like her and those who don’t, don’t. At least she still has a job in this economy even if it is worthless.