December 12th, 2013
Shopping, Style Inspiration, Wedding, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: What to Wear as Maid of Honor
By Danielle Nicole

Happy Thursday Bombshells! Let’s take a break from this winter chill for just a moment to tackle a special summer-inspired wedding day request.

Emily writes, “Hi Fashion Bomb team, I know I am not supposed to send an email without pictures but the reason is because I have nothing specific in mind. Here is my request: I will be the maid of honor at a wedding this summer. I can choose any dress but I am a very simple person. I am also pretty young, 24, so if you could do a WHAT TO WEAR AS A MAID OF HONOR I would be extremely grateful. I’m all the way from Montreal and I know you guys are the best help I could get. Thanks already.”

Being one’s maid of honor is a distinction and a challenge as the bride has entrusted you to ensure that her big day goes without a hitch. So when it comes to choosing your dress, a classic silhouette is key, as you should complement the bride and the overall theme of the wedding. Punchy hues mixed with dainty jewelry accents will do the trick in creating a dazzling and elegant look.

Opt for a dress in a sorbet hue like this coral strapless silk-chiffon gown.

What to Wear As Maid of Honor Notte by Marchesa Strapless Silk Gown Stuart Weitzman OLate Night Sandals

Offset the look with a pair of rose gold sandals, a rhinestone box clutch, and vintage deco crystal statement earrings.

For another vibrant option, choose a one shoulder chiffon dress with a shorter hemline in a soft yellow shade.

What to Wear As Maid of Honor Untold Chiffon One Shoulder Dress Jimmy Choo Lang Metallic Sandal Nasty Gal Ivory Coast Clutch

Mix in a strappy silver sandal and a white pearlized and gold plated box clutch. Lastly, add a bit of sparkle with cluster rhinestone studs, a crystal and pearl embellished hinged bracelet, and a glitzy mani.

If the wedding takes place in the evening, choose a dressier option like this Jenny Packham Sandstone Floral Applique Silk Gown.

What to Wear As Maid of Honor Jenny Packham Sandstone Floral Applique Silk Gown Badgley Mischka Harrow Sandal Karen Millen Crystal Encrusted Clutch

A Karen Millen crystal encrusted clutch, drop pearl earrings, and Badgley Mischka heels add a touch of elegance, while a nude lip and a full set of lashes complete your wedding day makeup palette.

And for my final suggestion, I chose two options in a graphite hue as my style muse. Choose a short strapless silhouette like this J.Crew Anabelle silk-chiffon dress or a more glamorous look like this Notte by Marchesa embroidered lace and silk gown.

What to Wear As Maid of Honor Notte by Marchesa Embroidered Lace and Silk Dress J.Crew Arabelle Silk Chiffon Dress Badgley Mischka Christi Sandal Lulu Townsend Pearl Covered Frame Clutch

Cap things off with a pair of silver platform sandals, a Lulu Townsend pearl covered frame evening clutch, and cluster earrings.

What do you think? Have I given you a few ideas for your Maid of Honor ensemble?

8 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear as Maid of Honor”

1. Danielle says:

OMG — The rose gold hue in a shoe is soooooo pretty.

2. Danielle says:

The rose gold hue in a shoe is so pretty.

3. S says:

Lovely choices. She’s lucky to be able to choose her own dress. I wasn’t having that at my wedding (a hundred years ago…SMILES). I wanted all my ladies to be in the same style of dress. I do know times have changed.

I’m sure the wedding will be lovely and she will be lovely whatever dress she chooses. *SMILES*

4. Moneboo says:

She definitely did that! All options were beautiful. I’m not too keen on yellow (don’t care what shade or vibrancy) but this dress option actually looks doable. FBD seems to always hit it on the head with theses What To Wear features. Bravo indeed!!! *scrolls back up to look at rose gold shoes again*

The 1st Option is similar to what I wore as Maid of Honor not long ago, so I suppose I’m biased in saying that these are great choices! haha.
    However, the 3rd dress seems too close to white.

Great options overall though!

6. thephillydiva says:

Love the coral and the gray dresses :) This helps SO much since my 3 best friends just got engaged!

7. binks says:

I like the idea of picking your own dress, love all the selections. But 1 and 2 screams summer wedding.

8. Mobetta says:

I’m in love with the third look.