December 11th, 2013
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

erykah-badu-spring-2014-ad

• Could this be the coolest celebrity endorsement for a luxury brand yet? Riccardo Tisci shared this snap of a Givenchy-clad Erykah Badu this morning, to announce her as one of the faces for the label’s Spring 2014 campaign. “Family addition #givenchycampaign #spring2014,” he wrote. The photo, lensed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, pictures a very somber-looking Badu rocking a cropped ‘do. Style.com notes that Tisci has so far exclusively used women of color for his campaigns–quite a departure from the rest of the industry, who seems to favor white women. “I discovered a lot of black girls, and I’ve been always supporting them,” he said. “For me, I grew up in a family and I grew up in a culture, an education, that we all are the same… Everybody’s being so cool about Instagram, about Facebook, any media—everybody’s being so open. At the end of the day, why are not so many black girls or Latin girls in shows? When you have an American president who is black! When I see this happening, it’s quite sad, I think. People can be so avant-garde, so advanced, but actually not, because people are still making differences between skin color.” Hear, hear! (Riccardo Tisci Instagram, Stylefile)
miroslava-duma-roger-vivier-olivia-bee

• Roger Vivier has put together a lookbook for his spring 2014 collection, tapping the ever-stylish and perpetually adorable Miroslava Duma for the 35-image booklet. The whole thing was shot by 19-year-old photographer Olivia Bee, who says she “treated shooting Mira like shooting a doll in a variety of grand paradises.” Beautiful! The booklet will be distributed starting next month. Can’t wait to see the whole thing! (WWD

kristen-stewart-gallery baleciaga fall 2012 lace up pumps

• It looks like there will be a lot of Chanel freebies in Kristen Stewart‘s future, as the actress has been tapped as the face of the French label’s pre-fall collection. She has already been shot by Karl Lagerfeld, and the campaign is due out in May. (Vogue UK

kim-kardashian-post-baby-body-us-weekly

Kim Kardashian shows off her post-baby body on the cover of UsWeekly in a teeny weenie white bikini. She looks great, but I’m a little weary of this obsession we have with celebrities’s post-pregnancy weight loss. (Daily Mail)

storefront.com-site

• Storefront.com and the MTA have joined forces to make the commutes for millions of New Yorkers just a little more frustrating. The pair have inked a deal allowing Storefront.com to rent out retail space in subways for pop-up shops peddling the work of up-and-coming designers and artists.  Locations for these shops include the uptown platform at the 50th Street station, a 510-square-foot spot at 42nd Street- Grand Central, and another at Grand Central Terminal. (WWD)

tracy-reese-tide-pods-sketch

Tracy Reese will release a series of machine-washable looks for fall 2014 in conjunction with Tide Pods, who has tapped the designer for a CFDA-backed project to satisfy the demand for low-maintenance high-fashion clothing. The initiative also hopes to make designers hip to the benefits of incorporating more washable fabrics into their designs. Tide has posted two of Reese’s designs to their Pinterest page, encouraging fans to vote (until Saturday) for their favorite look by repinning with the hashtag #WashableFashion. The winning looks will hit the Tracy Reese runway in February. (WWD)

~Jihan

22 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Erykah Badu Poses for Givenchy Spring 2014, Tracy Reese and Tide Pods Collaborate on Machine Washable Fashion, and Kim Kardashian Flaunts Her Post Baby Body for US Weekly

1. Wow Kim looks so good, she’s putting haters to shame!!

2. SoRude says:

Well, machine washable fabrics huh….Target has been doing it for years!!! SMH. Any hoo, Kim looks good but I am worried about the obsession as well. They are celebrities. They get paid to look good after pregnancy so that they can say how they did it and what they used!! It’s called endorsements!!

3. DarkNLovely says:

I have always admired and loved Givenchy pieces, and the use of Erykah in their campaign has heightened my interest. Absolutely wonderful!

4. Diamond says:

Love the use of Erykah. She looks so beautiful. Love how Givenchy also made her look black and not almost white. Love, love, love, love the embracing of diverse forms of beauty.

Erykah looks lovely! I really like her. Oh, kim, please vanish; sooo annoying!

6. KBS says:

I am only her for Erykah! This is a good look. She’s such a beautiful woman and is always rocking some designer.

7. Shirley says:

I have a newfound respect for Riccardo and Givenchy. Ms. Badu looks good.

How many times is Kimmy Kakes gonna prove her “haters wrong”? She needs to get her life!

8. regis says:

**RUNS TO STORE TO SUPPORT GIVENCHY!

9. niknikky says:

Kim looks great…but I’m not buying the “no surgery” claim, at least when it comes to the neck up.

I love and live for Tide pods…

11. OliviaNOPE says:

Kim gonna pass out if she don’t stop sucking it in and take a breath!

12. Deedee says:

Oh my goodness. I’m supporting Givenchy. I like their designs, but I love Tisci’s ideals!!!

13. Kitty B. says:

Kristen Stewart is as basic as it comes, smh

Kim looks extremely weird on the cover, either bad photoshop or terrible plastic surgery, i think its a little of both..

14. Lila says:

Claire I know this is not fashion-related but, since you guys seem to post anything Kardashian-related, I was wondering if you will be posting about her charity scam.

Kim Kardashian apparently has a “charity” ebay auction in which only 5% (her words :10% of 50% of the profits after fees etc.) goes to the charity.

And to make things even more interesting, one of the charities she “donates” to is Life Change Community Church- co-founded by none other than Mrs Kris Jenner, herself.
    This is one of the oldest cons in the book.

15. Crystal says:

@ Lila, find a life and hold on to it.

Ms. Badu needed a snapshot post all to herself. Why is she thrown in here with all of these lesser posts? She looks GORGEOUS!

16. Que says:

Are your morals back as well Kim?

17. Nakia P says:

Love Ms Badu, wouldn’t mind more posts of her :)

18. Lila says:

@Crystal how ironic that a person of your calibre, with so little integrity, who idolises this vapid, narcissistic fame w#ore, would tell ME to “get a life”! Get your priorities in order so that one day you can stand for something of value and substance.

19. tameka says:

Great for Erykah,but why a black celebrity and not a black model?Celebrities are taking jobs from models. Am happy for her still.

If Ricardo isn’t gay he is probably dating a black woman(just my opinion). Italian men like black women anyway. You will be shocked just how much. I lived in italy for 8 years .

Kim with the blonde hair you no longer stand out. I miss your black locks and you look a little weird in that cover photo.

20. SK says:

Can’t wait to see the Miroslava Lookbook, of course Lagerfirld would choose her… But my only question is how can the Kardashians always use to their defense that such magazines like US Weekly make up things to sell issues like that story in the upper left corner of Khloe getting a divorce, but then they will shoot for them and take their money for articles focused on them and what they want to portray to the world. If the mag lies on you why continue to work with them or give them any business that’s MAJORLY hypocritical. Just my thoughts, especially when you don’t need the payoff.

@Lila Well said darling! Ms. Badu we support you! Beautiful choice Givenchy.

22. FXCCKINGNEELY says:

Givenchy is soooooooo monumental for that. Erykah Badu is a goddess & its such a beautiful thing when people dont see skin color. Especially white people. or they see it as art… That’s all it is to me. BUT KIM LOOKS SOOOOOO GOOD !!! I had my baby in February & STILL dont look like that. #MOTIVATION !