December 9th, 2013
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Robin from D.C.

We have another Washington, D.C. Bombshell! Take a look at Robin’s flicks:
robin from dc
She writes, “Fashion is how I express myself through creativity.”

robin from washington d.c.
“Putting on that perfect outfit gives me confidence and class.”

1  robin from washington d.c.
” Nothing feels better than looking your best.”

3  robin from washington d.c.
” As a shy girl growing up, fashion was a way that I communicated who I was.”

5  robin from washington d.c.
” My style can be described as edgy and versatile.”

7  robin from washington d.c.
” I always make sure my look is put together nicely from head to toe. I stay on trend while pushing the envelope.”

8  robin from washington d.c.

9  robin from washington d.c.
“I love contrasting vintage with contemporary pieces to create a unique and different look!”

6  robin from washington d.c.
You’re a beautiful woman! I would’ve like to see a few looser silhouettes, but you have the body to pull off pretty much anything. Work it!
See more of Robin’s style on Instagram @MissFiasco and check out her E-store, www.vintageexpresso.com.
What do you think?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game! Please be advised: once published, pictures will not be removed or taken down.

Posted In
78 comments

78 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Robin from D.C.”

1. Ally says:

The fur piece in the last picture and the leather studded jacket are nice other than that its just leggings and bodycon pieces only, attractive girl but very bland style.

2. Jihan says:

very pretty girl

3. thatgirl says:

Beautiful girl!!

4. Kim M says:

She’s very pretty but I wish she would have given more insight into her personal style. Every look was basically the same.

PS– I really dislike when a designer bag is included with a submission just for the sake of…it adds nothing to the overall look.

5. Chelle says:

She is really cute!

Good gawd!! ” I have a Bachelor’s degree in Biology and am the CEO & Lead Designer of my own online boutique, Vintage Expresso.”

U is smaaaart u is fashionable and u is badddd! This is the kind of girls I want to flood the world

7. Blue Ivy Carter says:

I wish she could have showed herself mixing it up with vintage pieces—you do have a vintage shop? everything is so modern like basket ball wive-esque

8. BougieHippie says:

Who cares about the basic clothing with a BOMB body like that!!!!!!

Good hair too?

9. Jess says:

Pretty lady, cheap, tacky clothes. Spend your bag money on better quality clothing dear.

10. 2 cents says:

Tight and tacky. D.C. and black women, please do better. How can you have a closet full of spandex and think that’s hot?
    Just because guys stare doesn’t make it fashionable.

11. SMV says:

Sooo Pretty, sweet face. I havent been able to accept the leggings for pants trend. very pretty girl but no fashion bombshell.

12. KBS says:

She’s a cutey and that body is not for kids! However I didn’t vote bombshell. Maybe some more versitility, but I guess she knows her lane and stays in it and I can’t be mad at that.

13. Steph says:

Cute girl, basic style. She is giving me… “I tried out to be an NBA cheerleader but that failed so I’m going to try blogging to come up.”

1. I didn’t see any vintage pieces, if I missed something point it out.
    2. Cute shape.
    3. I see a lot of leggings… that in of itself does not a fashion bombshell make.
    4. I went to her “website” and she is charging outrageous prices for items that I know you can find it Forever 21, Love Culture, GoJane, & Rainbow.

Cheap crappy clothes.

Exhibit A:
    From her clothing site: http://www.vintageexpresso.com/index.php/shop-dresses/evelyn-dress-detail#.UqYdguK26H8 <—-saw this on Loveculture.com last week on sale for 27 bucks.

Bottom line, she tried it!

14. She’s a “bombshell” in the looks department for sure, but her style is very vixen, video girl ish with a splash of old school kim kardashian….but at the same time A LOT of women cant do “sexy” or even know how to put a “sexy” outfit together, so I give her props for defiantly knowing how to put a sexy look together while still maintaining class!

15. Kim says:

She is an extremely gorgeous girl with a banging body!! She also seems extremely smart. However, there is nothing “fashionable” about her style. As the owner of a “vintage” store her style should comprise more than just leggings and tyte dresses? I would love to see her play more with color, and fun dresses.

xoxo

16. lala says:

i like her

17. Ari says:

I like her as well.

18. Noirre says:

she’s cute

19. simplyjess says:

Very pretty and bomb body. Her clothing, nothing stands out and her website – CHILE BYE!! I live in DC now and so many girls dress like this often and swear they be doing the dayum thang! No!

Gorgeous face and gorgeous body!!

21. Tiff says:

Gorgeous face, vixen body…but style is just ok. Nothing stand out but everything fits her figure and shows it off in a classy way. Nothing too short or no excess skin showing and it works well for her.

22. anon says:

She is a beautiful woman with an amazing body but i thought her style contradicted her quotes.. i didn’t find any of this to be pushing the envelope, unique or edgy.

she looks nice though. like what someone else said – very basketball wives/ love & hip hop-esque.

not a whole lot of personality to be honest..

i must add i really liked the gold dress she wore

23. Jackie says:

I have to admit I am jelly of her body shape so with that said she can pull anything off but bombshell style is not comprised of solely spandex especially with a store called “vintage” espresso? Expresso? (SN: What is expresso? I googled and it said expresso is a common typo of espresso) And is it just me or did anyone else expect real vintage pieces?

Also why are people so adamant on insisting they have so many titles? I guess I understand CEO of her e-commerce site but lead designer? Honey, you bought those items wholesale from China/Korea and insanely marked them up. There is no actual design put into them and DIY spikes or something on top does not give one the title of designer either. I do not mean to be rude but I would expect a biology major that spends lots of hours doing concise lab work to have a better understanding of properly titling things or people for what they are.

24. cortb says:

“Fashion is how I express myself through creativity.”

Nothing about that statement made ANY sense. I’ve said this a million times ANYONE can put on leggings or a body con dress… Where is the CREATIVITY? She has a store called vintage espresso. .but wore no vintage pieces… come on sis.

25. I couldn’t get past her wearing black shoes with everything.

26. Asia Monique says:

Love her overall appeal but would love to see more of the versatility that was spoken of!
    The black and white contemp piece with the open dolman sweater, along with the last look: the fur wrap vest, faves.

Looking forward to seeing more from you Robin!

27. Tifani says:

Pretty girl, but her style is very basic!!!!!!!!!!!

28. I would have liked to see more interesting pieces. Her style is kind of trendy basic. I love the fur vest, though. says:

I would have liked to seen more interesting vintage pieces since she owns a store. Her style is very basic trendy. Love the fur vest, though.

29. Curlyvixx says:

I agree with every comment. She has so much potential, definitely needs to branch out more but people stick to what works. It may not always work though. Remember that.

30. Vanity says:

Georg girl but I really don’t see anything here that pushes the envelope. However I do love the blue fur piece as I am the queen of a good faux fur!!! With more development, she will grow.

31. sher sher says:

Another body con, spandex devotee. *le sigh* She’s a gorgeous girl with a great body but FASHION is not about how tight the clothing is or how many leggings you own or how much of your boob you reveal. None of these outfits push the envelope. They’re all pretty basic and can be found in any Forever 21 catalog.

32. homey.lover.friend says:

She’s a cutie with a dope body. While her spandex-centric style doesn’t scream fashion bomb to me, I’m pretty surprised by the implications that she looks cheap or tacky. I couldn’t disagree more. She knows what works for her and she wears it well.

33. Mobetta says:

So damn pretty

34. RL says:

Um Ive never seen her before but I think she lives in my apt. Well at least she took all her pics there. lol She looks VERY DC to me. But Im from DC so theres nothing wrong with that.

35. Sahar says:

Man, that apartment she’s in looks soo nice! i need to move to DC then

36. C. says:

LMAO at Jackie-EXPRESSO Is not a type of espresso, it’s a mispronunciation. Just like liberry is mispronunciation of library. Espresso is the correct word, it’s a method of preparing coffee, as in espresso shots; you can drink these alone or in milk as in a latte or cappuccino.

37. SKeys says:

I liked it all. I am partial to black and white pairing. Went to her Instagram and saw a lot of other really cute outfits. There’s a bit more diversity there.

I say bombshell!! She dresses for her body type and she is so damn pretty. Brains, beauty, bombshell!

38. Candy says:

I get future NBA Wife in the making…While the fashionbomb readers might not appreciate this as anything special…I do think she is bringing something to the table that does not get talked about on FBD….how to dress to attract a man!

She is giving sexy in a way a man can understand and appreciate. Her looks are not complicated. She is riding a good line of looking approachable while also looking super sexy and is giving us “girl next door” with that face and hair…And for that I’m not made at her, it’s a rare man that can appreciate the time and effort you put into your vintage look, her looks are done in a language men understand.

*I don’t live by believing you have to dress for a man, I just know it’s something you can’t leave out as a factor.

39. Pomp Society says:

I don’t see anything wrong with her style. She looks great in all her pics. And I will say she is put together from head to toe. Congrats on your online store and unfortunately a lot of people like to talk trash behind the keyboard, but keep on being fabulous!

40. Jackie says:

@C. – I wrote TYPO not type lol Check yourself before you try to correct others next time. I knew what I was typing! And clearly you knew all about the coffee you described haha

41. Alex H says:

completely agree with every above comment…beautiful, but fashion failed…I will always commend one for their efforts / givinging “effortless” looks. Huge lack of creativity, LV bag gives no points ( agree with spending the $$$ on some shoes)…overall she just inspired me to submit pics of myself / or my dear niece Vinny Vandal ( FB name ) blog vintagevandalizm.com. While she gives primarily pin-up looks she can also provide a lady tips on looking fabulous, classy / edgy all while being creative = “pushing the envelope”. Robin check her out I’m sure she’ll do wonders for you….continue to do what you love no matter what ; *

42. QQQ says:

Too much Body Con and Spandex. There is NO design or fashion Spandex. Sorry to say.

43. lia says:

You bitter women you kill me. Everytime there is a beautiful educated slim and a killer bod woman you slam her. If she had been fat and looked like modern day Mammy you all would have been congratulating her and yourselves for looking fat and obese. The fact that she is slim has a banging body makes her a bombshell in my books. How many african american women look like this, just a few. So lets celebrate and cheer the ones that are upgrading the black race by taking care of themselves. Bombshell to me.

I agree with every bit of what Lia said. Took the words out of my mouth.

45. Chaboogie says:

@Lia… From what I’ve read, most of the comments on here are giving her due diligence for being a smart and beautiful woman. Her style is basic! This is a fashion blog and most everybody said she was beautiful but gave their opinion on her fashion. This is not Women’s Fitness Daily…it’s Fashion Bomb Daily! ☺️

46. Lolani says:

She is a very pretty girl!

47. Lolani says:

She is a very pretty girl!

48. lia says:

@chaboogie i guess you are one of those fat women who are on a rampage to attack skinny women. Chill while you are at it, going to the gym woudn’t hurt you , you might just look like this beautiful women. She doesn’t look like a clown therefore she is basic. Body and fashion go handy in handy if i have to tell you this then you must be slow.

49. marguerite says:

as far as fashion is concerned…….she ain’t got it. she’s basic. average. clothes look cheap. if she invested in quality pieces, she’d be a fashion bomb.