December 3rd, 2013
Fashion, Fashion News, Kanye West
Fashion News: Adidas Confirms Partnership With Kanye West
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Loathe him or love him, the self proclaimed genius Kanye West stays winning. Last week during his radio interview blitz, the rapper turned designer hinted at a possible deal with Adidas while waxing poetic his frustrations with Nike: “The old me, without a daughter, would have taken the Nike deal because I just love Nikes so much. But the new me, with a daughter, takes the Adidas deal because I have royalties and I have to provide for my family.”  After being pressed further by Hot97′s Angie Martinez, West played coy.
kanye west inks deal with adidas
Today, Adidas issued an official statement confirming their partnership with Kanye:

“For 2014, we welcome to the Adidas family one of the most influential cultural icons of this generation, Kanye West. Well known for breaking boundaries across music, film and design and partnering with our history in street wear culture and leading innovations in sport, we look forward to creating a new chapter. Details to follow.”

kanye west inks deal with adidas sneakers
Not much else is known about the upcoming collaboration just yet, though rumors are already speculating ‘Ye’s deal is worth a whopping $10 million, with royalties to boot. That would be a sweet deal if proven to be true!

Watch this space for updates!

Are you excited about Kanye teaming up with Adidas?

~Cliché

Source: High Snobiety/Page Six

Posted In
10 comments

10 Responses to “Fashion News: Adidas Confirms Partnership With Kanye West”

1. NYC chick says:

Good luck to Adidas on working with his crazy ass

2. MimiRichmond says:

Love him or hate, you have to respect his drive. Self proclaimed or not, he is one of our generations most artistically progressive African Americans that has that type of platform. I will definitely invest in those sneakers, as long as they don’t jack the price like Nike

3. After watching the interview I have a different outlook on KW because of his drive and passion for what he believes in.

He is very artistic and when you are artistic you think out of the box and you tend to get the side eye , and I look at him with that eye often but when he talked about leaving a heritage he caught my attention. We enter into partnerships most times with low expectations and that has to change, after all it is not just about us/me/you it is about the passion and drive that we need to leave our children.
    He caused the media to follow the deal which in turn will generate sales. Adidas made a wise decision to welcome him on board. I think this will be a fruitful partnership and yes I will be watching for it.

4. kateee says:

Whooooooooooo LORD, he is fine!!!

5. Southern says:

I want him to drive himself to be his own boss. The results could be epic

6. FXCCKINGNEELY says:

I can’t wait to see what they come up with. West is really into high fashion unless he’s keeping it simple with a basic tee and jeans. Adidas is street wear and sporty. Kanye still has that in him, but with a touch of high class/elegance this could be COLD. Like the glow in the dark soles on the Yeezy’s. He’s going to put something super clean in the design. I’m ready.

7. KITANA says:

@mimirichmond

You speak the truth. Everything he touches turns to gold.

8. Mic says:

Kanye is a true fashion icon. He is bohemian, and has great style.

9. SKeys says:

He is a YES to my eyes and a NO to my ears. He looks so handsome in both pics.

10. cucu says:

Hot mess! Not interested, all those posting positive are his PR team