November 25th, 2013
Fashion, Fashion News, Kanye West, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

jeanne-deroo-sports-blackface

• There certainly seems to be a learning curve within the fashion set about wearing blackface. It seems as if every other month, there is some incident in which someone feels compelled to paint themselves brown. The latest insider to participate in this sort of minstrelsy is ELLE France beauty editor Jeanne Deroo, who this weekend posted a snap on instagram in which she sports dark makeup and an afro wig. Le sigh! The problem with Deroo’s appearance seems to be lost on the photo’s commenters, who call her look “perfect,” and wonder if she would wear it to work on Monday. ELLE France just put justice minister Christiane Taubira, a black woman, on their “Woman of The Year” cover. How ironic, then, that Ms. Deroo would set out in such an offensive representation of a woman of color. Ironic, but not entirely surprising. You would think that after the whole Disco Africa Debacle, people would finally get that this is not ok. But considering this continues to be an issue for various fashion folks, I’m starting to think that people are aware of how problematic this is– but just don’t care. (@JeanneDeroo Instagram/Fashion Bomb Inbox)

zappos-shit-product

Kanye West‘s epic battle against corporate America continues with Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh. West had some choice words for Hsieh, who allegedly broke rule #1 of dealing with Kanye West: never, ever, ever make an educated suggestion tell Yeezy what to do. “I got into this giant argument with the head of Zappos that he’s trying to tell me what I need to focus on,”  he said on Bret Easton Ellis’s podcast last week. “Meanwhile, he sells all this shit product to everybody, his whole thing is based off of selling shit product.”   Not missing a beat, Zappos posted a new item to its side, “Sh**t” product,” a $100,000-dollar plunger heralded as “the perfect gift for the man who has everything.” More hilarious is the item description, complete with plays on some of Kanye’s song titles: “Interested in buying sh-t product? You’ve come to the right place,” it reads. ” Here at Zappos.com, we happily sell sh-t products to everybody! This is the throne, everyone has been watching. Whether you’re #1 or #2, your clique will show no mercy, even in Paris.” The commentariat joined in on the fun, posting reviews like “Yo Zappos! Imma let you finish . . . but this is the best Sh-t product of all time,” and “This Sh-t product is amazing! It totally beats out any new music videos you’re Bound 2 see!!” Snarky tone of the post aside, Tony Hsieh insists it’s all in good fun:  “[Kanye] had a million ideas and all I did was ask him what he was going to focus on first,” he told WWD“We don’t have a formal process or team to respond quickly to media events … the Kanye thing was just a random fun idea that someone came up with yesterday morning and then a bunch of employees from different departments jumped in to help make it happen quickly. As for Kanye himself, I admire him for always being on brand.”  (Adweek, Zappos, WWD)

tlc-ama-lil-mama
• Apparently Lil’ Mama‘s performance as TLC’s Lisa “Left Eye” Lopez in  “CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story” biopic was so convincing, that she was tapped to perform in place of the late rapstress at last night’s American Music Awards. Hmm… Thoughts on this? (Necole Bitchie)

mulberry-fall-2013-suffolk-bag

Mulberry has announced that they will not put on a Fall 2013 runway show, as the label continues to search for a new creative director. Mulberry will still have a presence at LFW, for which the brand says details “will be released in the near future”. (Vogue UK)

Kanye West Wears Custom Maison Martin Margiela for Yeezus Tour 1

• It looks like Kanye West is using his ‘Yeezus’ tour as an opportunity to air out all his beef with various fashion brands and fixtures. The rapper shed some more light on his falling out with Hedi Slimane during his show at Madison Square Garden.  “Now I know y’all don’t know who the fuck Hedi Slimane is, but let me explain to you who he is,” he told a captivated crowd. “He was once a friend of mine…And I used to wear his tight ass jeans when I was on tour and get called names for it… [He was] somebody who actually had a vision and was not put in a position of power. Cuz I’m telling you, my friend, they be sellin’ you bullshit. And Hedi Slimane was a guy who didn’t serve no bullshit…But a God to recognize another God. But a God needs to recognize another God. So when he told me you can come to my show, but you can’t come to see Phoebe and you can’t come to see Riccardo, that was odd. He tried to control me! He tried to tell me where I could go!” Oh “God,” how many egos exactly are involved in this whole tiff? As for his buzzed about Nike Red Octobers (which have yet to drop,) Yeezy claims the brand pushed back the launch date of his latest kicks: “And with Nike, last conversation I had with them, I said, ‘Well, it’s November now, when are the Red Octobers coming out?’ and he said, ‘We’re not sure.’ Then I talked to my man…and he said, ‘Nike pressuring you. If you want the Red Octobers, you gotta take all these trash ass shoes! Nike’s pressuring you.’ Trying to get leverage on some shit that I made.” I was wondering when those were coming out, too. Life for a creative genius ain’t easy! (Global Grind)

rihanna jean paul gaultier spring 2013 couture

• Rihanna‘s AMA doobie wrap is the talk of the town today. But one artist manager is claiming that Rih’s ‘do was stolen from Patwa, a Bronx-native underground rapper of Jamaican descent. “During 2010 we began generating a buzz in the underground hip hop community. This lead to a couple of meeting with some big wigs at def jam, Geffen, Atlantic and yes Roc nation who manages Rihanna,” she wrote.

“While meeting with A&Rs with these labels we were continuously told that the imagery we were trying to brand was not “lady like” was “too street”, “too hood” and “too ghetto” we were told that “white America would never get behind such ignorance”. Ratchetness had yet to become an accepted house hold term. The image we were trying to run with was what Patwa knew from the streets which was the doobie wrap. She wore it proudly with jeweled pins to signify she was a Queen and this was her ghetto crown… After putting a couple of videos up we met with a certain head honcho in Roc Nation who will remain nameless. We were offered what amounts to a development deal if we softened image and sound. Sticking to our guns we declined because we really believed in the look and knew with a proper push it would catch. So we left that office with our respect. Unfortunately offers started to dry up. Maybe we were too hard and middle America would never understand the doobie wrap…Fast forward to 11/24/13 and who do I see grace my flat screen while sitting in my modest one bedroom apartment wearing a doobie wrap with jeweled pins at the AMA’s. Roc nations own Ri Ri. I honestly felt violated. You see during 2011 Patwa and I crossed paths with Rihanna at a Roc Nation event. Rihanna who on that evening was wearing a hairstyle that she “borrowed” from Cassie, complimented the jeweled pin wrap said it looked nice and even inquired as to who did it? We of course were flattered out of our socks and felt almost validated. Two years later it appears middle America is ready and Rihanna really liked what she saw. By no means did we invent the doobie wrap or name. However prior to the AMA’s no one had attempted to wear the doobie as a hairstyle in public. No one!!!!!! I just find it very insulting that something we brought to those people was to “ghetto”. But now Rihanna can accept awards while proudly displaying it. I am really hurt by this and wanted to scream. But I wrote to you guys. Wanted to let someone else know that she stole that look from Patwa.”

What do you think? Was Rih just tryna keep her blowout fresh, or did she co-opt a look from a lesser-known artist? (Necole Bitchie)
~Jihan

53 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: ELLE France Beauty Editor Jeanne Deroo is The Latest to Rock Blackface, Zappos Hilariously Responds to Kanye Diss, and Artist Manager Claims Rihanna Stole AMA Doobie Wrap Look”

1. Melisa says:

I guess Patwa’s manager needs to have her attorney serving women every friday and saturday outside of every dominican hair salon across this country as they exit the salon and run their daily errands.

BOO.. BYE!

2. Sha says:

I can’t give this anymore energy!!! I am however happy my nightly bed head has now gone couture!!!!!! :)

The hood can’t have NOTHING!!! LMAO

3. Jasmine says:

….I mean… It’s just a wrap. Every black girl after a blowout and relaxer……..

4. T1K says:

Dear Kanye: no one takes you seriously.

Somebody…anybody, please lay Kanye down for a nap because he’s been rather cranky about everything for damn near ever!

So, my wrap signifies that I’m a queen now…oh…and here I thought I was just preserving body and bounce for the comb down

6. Soul Touch says:

Jeanne – Whether or not one agrees that it’s an insult or not, why do they continue the trend? Why the thirsty need to spark controversy?

No one can tell me that they are not doing it on purpose while giving us the finger the whole way. I don’t care if you are for it, against, and neutral. In my book, common sense would dictate that the controversy surrounding the behaviour is enough to second guess the act and just NOT DO IT.

…I don’t think there has ever been a time when I said hmmmm, what do I want to be today? Ah yes, I white woman.

7. Christin says:

This chic is ill!!! Peps was rocking they doobies in the 90′s any & everywhere. I myself have rocked them to bed since I was 14. Nothing new to see here!! Let’s be honest RihRih looked a hot mess! No one checking for that bed head hair style anywhere.

8. Vickster says:

The only people who should be having any problems are the Dominicans..Let’s fac it the OWN the DOBBIE…LOL

9. Soul Touch says:

*neutral

Sorry

10. aboomboxnsneaks says:

I want to say…. educate yourself…..that is not black face….what that other guy did for african disco is black face…….second….. how on earth if she portraying black women negatively….. she dressed fashionable with a natural Afro wig…is it her hair being natural that makes it offensive, cause that is most of our hair type. Thousand of fashion magazine do this for spreads….I don’t find it offensive… I love that they think black women are so exotic and beautiful they want to do this. Lastly, if you didn’t know she was white…you wouldn’t have said anything, cause she looks like a beautiful black woman to me…I didn’t know she wasn’t black until you said she was white.

11. Jihan says:

” Thousand of fashion magazine do this for spreads….I don’t find it offensive… I love that they think black women are so exotic and beautiful they want to do this.”

2 things that Get me.

Black women are ‘exotic?’ to whom, other European people? Last I checked, black women were local fixtures in Paris, New York, etc. Why are you othering the existence of millions of brown women? Last I checked, my race wasn’t some faraway location.

If they think black women are “so beautiful” in these editorials, why not use actual beautiful black women instead of painted white women?

We are HUMAN BEINGS. Not a fashion statement!

and I need to educate myself. #isee

12. Sk says:

Aboomboxsneaks just spoke my mind. I love that looking African is now trendy- I do not find it offensive. Who knows soon Afrio hair will sell for £500 and everyone will ditch their Indian wig
    Do whites complain when some of our black celebs bleach their skin. We should stop being sensitive n complain about everything – they want to look black? Cooool we lie that they love us

13. ANON00 says:

Rihanna’s team steals is this anything new ??? She been stole Ciara’s tomboy look and club, hood anthem sound from 04

And how is this not blackface? Is this her natural complexion? She looks like an imitation of Solange…However i disagree with the sentiment that black isn’t exotic bc we come in the widest variety of textures and complexions

Lastly Dominicans didn’t start no damn doobie it was Black Americans they might do it more on a regular basis but they did not create that style it’s called a “wrap” many girls who had bobs styled it that way at night : Monica, Tboz etc.

14. I would say yes it would be nice that they would want to be us, but then help in the plight to end the racism against black women too. You can’t
    just dress up and be black; assist with the cause. I can understand the admiration, but many are silent when it comes to really working towards a system of justice. I can’t take my makeup off.

15. Jay says:

It is interesting that one would say educate yourself yet seemingly apprears to be ignorant of the black face minstrels. As humans we are life long learners. I encourage and challenge folks lost in the matrix to read on the history of diasporic Africans in America, and see if your sentiments change. I am trying to be compassionate with my response as the ignorance causes my body to overheat at schorching farenheit temperatures. Africans, continental and diasporic have been exploited, dehumanized, animalized, mocked and looked at as pure commodity and sadly enough many of us have adopted these same ideals as our own. With all the bad press the sudden infatuation of caucasians longing to bring back the black face days, it was not only insensitive of her to do but a blatant ” f*ck you, I do because I can ” Because something is constantly done doesn’t mean that it is ever okay; this ‘ ish just IS NOT OKAY. I do hope ones choose take the blue pill over the red sleeping pill. We are humans, well said Jihan.

16. Nicole says:

Is this Rih story real life? Its a HAIR STYLE lol. And its impossible to “steal” someone’s style these days. Tomboy chic, ghetto, hood, whatever you want to call it is not some brand new. Wake up people. Any trend you see now that person does not OWN it because you can surely point out someone in a previous decade that had the same style. Debating whether or not her hair style is “stolen” is crazy. As a black girl wrapping your hair was a technique, thats just like Rih coming out in a head full of rollers and saying she stole someone’s style. Come on really? Its not that big of a deal. Everyone shares and imitates a depiction of some style. Everyone reading this blog can not tell me they went to their choice of store and created the trends they wear themselves.

17. Catie d. says:

Blackface is not ok. Blackface is not ok. It is offensive because of its historical background. It is awfully reminiscent of minstrel shows that portray black people as overtly simple, exotic creatures of vice and folly. It isn’t funny. It never is funny. Oh , you don’t care? I see, i see… That explains it all.

18. Hmmmm says:

If this is case then Patwa should be thanking Rihanna because like her or not – she is a style icon. Watch that doubie rotate.

19. Smh says:

@hmmm right they should be happy she got it instead of taylor swift…. And Cassie didn’t have it first she followed kelis who got it from salt and pepper …. Beside it just a hairstyle….breath everybody wraps there hair … @ Nicole you said everything I was thinking

20. Smh says:

I know I’m going to get heat for this but pins that were diamonds made sense she was going for the queen look and she performed diamond it made sense…I don’t think it’s that serious ppl always take things so serious

21. camei says:

not sure which madison square garden show these “quotes” were taken from the the show I attended last night didn’t exactly go according to how its spelled out here. some words are thrown in and misconstrued, he actually made some very good points and convinced me (never was a kanye stan) that he is a very intelligent NOT CRAZY artist…not only a rapper, intelligent rant and beautiful show.

22. Melissa says:

“How ironic, then, that Ms. Deroo would set out in such an offensive representation of a woman of color” — I swear black people are confused.

That is all.

23. Meika says:

The doobie is nothing new. We’ve been getting our hair blown and wrapped since I was in high school in the 90′s. Patwa doesn’t own it but it was funny to see Rihanna wearing it at the AMA’s…. I bet all the girls in the hood will start wearing blinged out bobby pins in their doobies from now on, lol…

24. BougieHippie says:

EVERYTHING ain’t racist! You all are worst than Kanye.

25. bri says:

It seems as if literally EVERYONE missed Patwa’s point. She’s not upset Rihanna “stole” her hairstyle (which she even stated), she’s upset that the meetings she set up with Rihanna’s bosses (ppl who control her image) told her that they won’t accept/tolerate that image being portrayed yet Rihanna shows up with it on a national platform. I thought that would’ve been easy to figure out, she actually explained it…But Rihanna’s an established artist so they should’ve known the same rules don’t apply. As for the blackface YET again, SMH.

26. MelyB says:

With this latest blackface showing I truly believe that yts have lost their minds and are trying to race-bait. I think those in the fashion industry are purposefully doing this to rub it in our faces that they don’t care about our outrage over the lack of Black models on the runway or in their magazines. I don’t know how much further they are going to push it when they know it’s offensive. That’s where ignorance and intention part – they know what they’re doing is racist & offensive, yet give 0 u know whats.

27. Ayana says:

Rihanna did not steal the doubie. We have been wearing that style forever. All Rihanna did was bring it to White America so they can copy.

28. Nickieluv621 says:

The color that Deroo woman has on her skin looks terrible…and um, one look at her and I knew she was not a black woman/woman of color. Just for that BS she should permanently remain that color.

29. Comments Only says:

I honestly do not understand why there is a shortage of women of color in the fashion industry. Joan Smalls, for example, looks absolutely stunning in almost everything she is featured in. As for the blackface photo, while attempting to portray a different race is offputting, I would like to have a little bit more info about this photo. Why was she posing as a woman of color? Was it for an event? Was this done on her personal time or did this have to do with business? I am simply asking this for an honest answer, why is this offensive? I would be inclined to take offense if a white woman wearing blackface and doing something inappropriate whilst doing so. This photo looks like she is very seriously trying to imitate a different race. I wouldn’t necessarily call this racist if she was not intending for it to be so..

Will someone answer my question?

30. Comments Only says:

Was Jeanne trying to imitate Christiane Taubira’s cover? Why is this offensive?

31. houser says:

What GETS ME is Jihan’s creative way of nitpicking someone’s comment and trying to correct them. When she said Exotic I believe you knew the point she was intending to make. Maybe, when you would like to correct a comment a follower has made on this site you should do it in a way that is KIND and INFORMATIVE as you are the one who OWNS this space. Do not try to demean your followers (who are keeping this website afloat my dear) by rummaging through their comments for something to hark on. Promote a POSITIVE conversation from your readers, you will catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

That is all…

32. ohtheoutrage says:

If there was one white woman and one black woman and both were from Kentucky…dressed in black face paint and traditional african garments… which one would offend you FBD…

The white woman who is not from africa or the black woman who is also, not from africa

just a question…

33. 4real says:

White people kill me. They always try to claim stupid when they get caught in their back handed humor. They know it offendes, if they didnt they would dress up like Holocaust survivors. I’d like to see you attempt that and get away with it. Lets see how the jews respond. If the “BLACK” woman is so exotic, then use her. Instead you pick her apart when she shows up for modeling gigs. Then you turn around and sale that same facade to the world. The black skin is not the only thing that makes the black woman exotic. Its also her features, the way she carries herself and her attitude. All of these things have been copied by the white woman and they still can’t get it right. So now black women are sitting back laughting at the freak show. Can we say “tanning mom”. Just like in the past and the picture above, white women keep trying to find, recreate and defowl what they cant achieve themselves. They are proving more and more that if its not about money, they have nothing original about them. That they are just another can on the shelf like all the others. So makeup and a wig will never change that.

34. stoprightnowthankyouverymuch says:

Can we PLEASE stop calling ppl exotic? People are not exotic! To call POC exotic is saying that whiteness is the standatd, the norm.

You can keep looking at yallselves through a eurocentric lens if you want but PLEASE realize that that term is a no no!

35. tt says:

OMG! not another negro woman (@ Aboomboxnsneaks) thinking that white bishes dressing up as black women complete w/brown shoe polish & afro wigs are cool. i mean, really? i agree w/EVERYTHING jihan said! i’m so sick of the word “exotic” being over used for all women of color. as jihan & others stated, black is beautiful & most of us know this so, if THEY feel black women are so gorgeous & cutting edge why not just use real black women instead of PAINTING white women to “LOOK” black. that w/in itself is very offensive (white women are so perfect that they can emulate black beauty better than black women) & not respectful at all. oh, YOU didn’t know that she WAS NOT a black woman? come on.

I am more offended seeing that T R A M P Kim Kardashian on here everyday when there are so many other decent fashionable women of any race who could be featured. Ditto goes for her psychotic fiancé.

Didn’t know there was a patent on any hairstyle let alone one no one should be seen wearing in public. The Venezuelans been doing the wrap since Manhattan was Boyhattan.

37. Bre Bre says:

For once, I completely agree with Jihan… her comment was perfect! We are not exotic creatures to be imitated… hire us for the spreads or miss out on our captivating beauty. #POINTBLANKPERIOD

38. Kahalia says:

Sigh I wanted to read opinions on lil.mama. Black face steals the show again. Boooo. Also let’s all just agree to ignore Kanye. It works great with a toddler and my guess is it will work wonders with him.

Lil mama was not up to TLC snuff in my opinion. She was ALL outta breath–no ma’am!!! Great in the movie not on the stage.

39. MynameisPeaches! says:

We black women are not exotic. We are women just like everyone other woman on this planet. Exotic refers to fruit, plants and animals, Not people , so exotic is not a compliment.

I’m sick and tired of black women and other women of colour being othered or exotified for the white gaze.

We all know blackface is racist. If you are dressing up to be a black person then you are racist. There are no ifs and butts. Our skin is not a costume to be worn by other people.

40. Alexislovesme says:

STOP HATING…

RiRi on Patwa not.

@HOUSER >>>>

42. Onyx says:

The Zappos thing I’m glad they said it, he needs to slow down with insulting everyone because he can dish but he damn sure cant take. Hes no god period. He lost his mind officially.

And they need to relax with the Rihanna thing. A “doobie” isnt something to steal from an artist -_____- if thats the case she stole it from me when I used to walk out the hair salon in NYC the same city she’s been seen in. Even though that was when I was 12 but still, she probably stole it from me -_________- come onn, relax mann.

43. Onyx says:

Wait a second, and shout out to Ms. Blackface up there, I almost forgot about you. White or black shes unattractive, white or black shes wack, white or black she needs to get a life. Someone throw some cold water on these people so they can wake up…

44. This is like ridiculous, sincerely. Just let it go. Why can’t you people just be happy for your own? Why? Look!! None of what you are seeing is new. Girls down south rock a mad fly wrapped do. I am a MATURE woman, in the 90′s I would wrap my hair with setting lotion sit under the dryer. Yes, I noticed it looked rather cute with earrings. I did run around the street with my hair wrapped. GHETTO? What’s GHETTO, that I am a black woman? Or because I ran errands with my hair wrapped? Ghetto is a mentality, an ignorant mentality. Regarding a hair style borrowed from Cassie. Please cut it out, when I was in New York in the late 80′s I shaved the side of my head, hair cut was A symmetrical. Half the village was rocking the same do with vintage coats, Dr. Martins and statement earrings. Salt and Peppa where the first public women to rock the side hair shaved. There is something called inspiration. You people come over to the Fashion Bomb like you are fashion people, well if you research the celebrity looks that Claire post, they all have an origin an inspiration. I am at a age where I am seeing things re-appear, and I have an advantage because I saw it done before so I know how to rock it out. You youngANS should study the history of fashion and culture. Shit you have it much easier than we did, all you have to do is GOOGLE IT. Try it, you might learns something instead of spewing GHETTO ignorance.

Trust I want to give commentary to the crazy white lady with the black face but I am kind of exhausted about this issue. If you want to get mad about a minstrel show. Try Nene Leaks and Tami Roman that’s a MINSTREL SHOW TO DISCUSS. Not a crazy white lady who envies black people. That envy you idiots!!

45. Anna says:

White folks are looking psychotic with all of this blackface mess. Just another desperate cry for attention.

46. Kim says:

Oh god, more bitching about black face.

To whoever compared dressing up as a black person to dressing up as a holocaust survivor, grow up. White people making fun of black people is not comparable to the holocaust. Yeah, not everyone dressing up as a black person does it to make fun. And even if they do, get over it. You all act like little babies. Your behavior would be more appropriate for finding out someone was unjustly murdered. I am quickly finding out that blacks seem to love to stay on their cushy victim seat.

People have made fun of the Chinese and other Asians and you don’t see us crying about it. They still do. Who ####ing cares?

Oh and I still can’t believe I saw someone complaining about these fashion companies not using black models. Hmmm why would that be? Maybe because these are WHITE companies, targeting WHITE consumers. You people are in WHITE countries. Are you really too stupid to understand this? If you don’t like it make a black fashion company targeting black people. Really, I can’t wait until blacks come to China and think they can demand things from the Chinese.

Boo fuc^ing hoo. No wonder people think blacks are worthless. I understand now why white people don’t respect you, and they probably never will with how all of you act.

47. Afro-cali says:

@ KIM so true, Those with no power always complain. Black people need to realize the minstrel show is on the coon channel BET,TV one and Nene Leaks disgusting.
    By the way Blackness is exotic IMO, I refuse to be shackled to the past pathologies that would deny Black women the right to be seen as exotic and arousing. Enough all ready! What man desire a non exotic woman? None! Are we not women to be desired and admired? I am, and will reap the benefits of acknowledging my exotic self lol.

On to black face, this W woman knows she’s not interesting, dry as toast, so she did what she felt would get attention,but she’s still dry. We know the truth. Keep pushin ladies

48. sly says:

what you call “blackface” in the US has no special meaning here in Europe.

We dont share the same history and our racism is different than yours. never had minstrel here, we even dont know what it is.

49. tmorgan says:

I absolutely take offense to the black/brown face thing. The only QUESTION I would have is, why now? Why are we so interesting and exotic now? Its not by accident that the public and blatant racisom has sky rocketed and become so accepted now. I am 40 years old and I have experienced racism but I cant remember a time where it has been so public and with the undertone “what you gone do about it?” And when they do come with them weak a$$ twitter apologies we are so quick to accept them. Now, if she was going to do it at least make it look more professional, not like a 5 year old smeared halloween make-up all on her face. And just a word for you younger ladies, you dont have to be too sensitive to have class, tact and respect. If we dont as black women say its not acceptable, back it up by supporting other black women in fashion, then we will never make headway on the runway.

Mind your own business USA !! Since when going to a fancy dress party as a black woman, wherever you’re originally from, is racist ? Seriously what is wrong with you, spreading such information… Find something more interesting to publish next time instead of muddling serious issues and empty words up. Thanks.