October 21st, 2013
Claire's Life, The Bomb Life, Trend
The Bomb Life: Our Staff Dinner at the Nolitan Hotel’s Cantine Parisienne

Happy Monday!
So this past weekend, The Fashion Bomb’s New York staff got together at one of our favorite places, the Cantine Parisienne at the Nolitan Hotel, to chat it up, talk fashion, and eat!
I thought it’d be fun to shoot with Lydia Hudgens, and show you guys how we rock some of Fall 2013′s trends.
Jihan sidled up to romantic prints in a heart flecked sleeveless top by Equipment, Zara skirt, H&M belt, and Enzo Angiolini Fayson pumps.
jihan forbes equipment heart top zara skirt h&m belt enzo angiolini fayson red suede pumps
Cliché played with plaid in an H&M shirt, ASOS pleated leather skirt, W118 by Walter Baker leather jacket, and Stuart Weitzman cap toe Mary Janes.
0  Cliche gave us her interpretation of plaid H&M shirt, ASOS pleated leather skirt,  W118 by Walter Baker leather jacket, and Stuart Weitzman cap toe Mary Janes.
It was all about leather for Faith! She anchored a C Wonder Denim Shirt with a vintage leather vest and Glamorous Faux Leather Joggers.
faith cummings c wonder denim shirt glamorous faux leather joggers vintage vest
I’m loving this season’s Vinyl, PVC, and Rubber trend ! So my choice for the day was a Roksanda Ilicinc Lamont Pencil Skirt, which I paired with a Mother of Pearl Amor Embellished Collared Shirt and Jimmy Choo Red Patent Abel Pumps.
2 Claire sulmers mother of pearl Amor embellished-collar shirt ROKSANDA ILINCIC lamont contrast panel skirt fashion bomb daily
There you have it.
8 8  Claire sulmers mother of pearl Amor embellished-collar shirt ROKSANDA ILINCIC lamont contrast panel skirt fashion bomb daily jihan forbes cliche feliciano faith cummings
See more pix of my look on my new personal style site, TheBombLife.com.
Smootches!
Photos by Lydia Hudgens

87 Responses to “The Bomb Life: Our Staff Dinner at the Nolitan Hotel’s Cantine Parisienne”

1. I love it when you all take pics together! Everyone looks pretty! However, I must admit that I’m not love the skirt Claire.

The all FBD staff looks Fabulous! Love how each rocked the Fall trends! Keep up the great werq! ;-)

3. Tami says:

Love you ladies looks! Very on trend, Claire you look awesome!! xoxo

4. Emma says:

I do appreciate your dedication to this blog but your outfits are almost always disappointing.

5. Robin says:

Flawless pic! This is just wonderful! *i love it* :)

6. Jacquelyn says:

Love the pics ladies! Very pretty. @Jihan…love that skirt:)

Loving cliche look. Can I get details on that lipstick please?

8. ELS says:

I agree with EMMA, I love the contributions but I expect so much more from you guys especially if you critique others or love fashion.

9. beautiful says:

I believe Claire’s skirt will be better with a fitted lace or silk top.Something small since the skirt is big

Ugh, you all seem to definitely be journalist first and fashionista second. Nevertheless, I adore this blog and each of your written contributions.

11. sher sher says:

many of the pieces worn would look great if not paired as they were. Claire, that skirt was gorgeous, but definitely not with that top. overall, pretty ladies though. :)

12. Like.Stat says:

Claire I loooove your eye make-up!! Gaze so hypnotic liiiiiiike..

13. jeda says:

Love it all ladies, keep it coming. And I love Cliche’s front swoop thing she does with her hair, so cute.
    Blessings

14. amber says:

where’s danielle nicole? I love her features…she is always on point!

15. jasmin says:

agree with the previous comments…love the site, but you all’s personal fashion at times leaves a lot to be desired.

16. Dom Dom says:

Yeah you guy’s fashion ain’t saying much to be honest but I do love the blog.

17. SMV says:

sigh…this is bad, im sorry. on a positive note jihan is rocking the life out that skirt on the first picture.

Wacktastic…The way you guys pick everybody apart, your A game was left home

19. Shayla says:

Hey Ladies, beautiful group shot! Though your ensembles are not my taste, I absolutely appreciate your contribution to fashion journalism. This is hands down the best fashion site & I love how you all show tons of diversity, while still remaining down for OUR people. Kudos to you all!

ALL of you ladies need a makeover! All are very pretty but when it comes to the fashion u guys need help! Love you guys anyways:)

21. lola says:

Jihan is serving FOR HA LIFE. YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS B*SH I live, lived and liven *two snaps and a head twist* Get into that body though. YAAASSSSS, I got my life.

Claire is serving pin-up girl realness with that updo and skirt
    Cliche is giving me anime cutesy
    and Faith’s biker chic is on FIYAH

Kudos FBD team.

22. lola says:

These comments make no sense. What were you guys expecting? The Oscars red carpet? Hating a*s neg*es doing what they do best. The FBD team looks elegant and chic. They have the life you want and you can’t deal *BLOOP*

23. Pray that I pass PANCE says:

Ugh bloggers should just remain anonymous. Maybe this is just an off day for you guys but this just disappoints me. I would expect you to bring your A-game each and every time, especially with this being a fashion blog. If this were a fashion bombshell post they would be ripping you all to shreds. But on a positive note you all are very beautiful, especially Claire. You just don’t do it for me fashion wise.

24. SHAY P says:

I LIKE HOW EVERYONE IS STATING HOW THEY REALLY FEEL INSTEAD OF BEING DISHONEST (BEING NICE). MY FAV WOULD HAVE TO BE JIHAN. AND ITS NOT BECAUSE SHE IS A BOMBSHELL. ITS BECAUSE (CRICKETS)… IDK. SHE HAS A PRETTY SMILE I GUESS. CLAIRE YOU LOOK GREAT FROM THE NECK UP. YOUR FACE IS BEAT! AND IM NOT SURE BUT THESE LOOKS ARE VERY BASIC TO ME… BUT TO EACH ITS OWN.I JUST WONDER?? IF THESE FOUR LOOKS WERE SUBMITTED BY A YOUNG LADY TO BE IN THE RUNNING FOR FASHION BOMBSHELL OF THE DAY WHAT WOULD YOU (JIHAN,CLAIRE,FAITH CLICHE)? HAVE RATED??

25. SHAY P says:

@LOLA. I DONT THINK ANYONE IS HATING. AND NO IM PERSONALLY NOT EXPECTING “RED CARPET READY” BUT!!! BUT I COULD ONLY ASSUME, BEFORE HAND THEY ALL KNEW THESE SNAPSHOTS WERE GOING TO BE TAKEN AND THIS IS WHAT THEY THOUGHT WAS THEIR BEST(FOR A LUNCH DATE) BUT I MEAN GEEZ THEY COULD HAVE GIVEN US A LIIIIITLE BIT MORE THIS. IF I WALKED PASS THEM ON THE STREET THERE WOULDNT BE A DOUBLE TAKE..IJS I JUST FEEL THERE IS NO PERSONAL STYLE IN ANY OF THESE LOOKS EXCEPT CLAIRE’S. BUT IM REALLY NOT FEELING HER LOOK EITHER.

26. Natasha says:

Huh? The team looks great: Jihan’s shoes to Claire’s skirt there’s nary a problem. (Wonders if staff dinners have turned to red carpet gala events in other parts of the world…) So confused.

27. YANET DR says:

I have to agree, even before seeing the comments, this is not your best look girls. We love you but no.

28. IMO says:

The shade from these comments…. <<< opinions voiced with Respect and Appreciation.
    I, for one, LOVE the looks on all of the staff. Continue to Be You and do You!

29. SHAY P says:

@IMO SO THE SHADE THAT THEY ( THE BLOGGERS) SOMETIMES THROW IN THEIR CAPTIONS ARE OPINIONS VOICED WITH RESPECT AND APPRECIATION?? O_0 PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION.

30. Donna says:

It’s nice to see that each of your fashion choices represent the diverse make-up of the Fashion Bomb team. You all look beautiful!

31. Lola is right says:

FBD girls you all look so pretty and wore cute outfits for brunch.

Lol @ these commenters who feel because they read fashion blogs, they are qualified fashion critics. I wonder what they’d have to say about Robin Givhan or Cathy Horyn’s outfits. But then again, hey probably don’t even know who those women are!

You go girls!

32. k says:

I echo the sentiments of the majority.

33. k says:

I echo the sentiments of the majority

34. Vuitton says:

Very cute outfits and photos, ladies!

35. Marthe says:

You guys remind me of Naomi Campbell standing with her team of models in ‘the face’ or something, FABULOUS FASHION BOMBS! Love you all!!

36. Anon says:

^^^^You TRIED it!

really disappointing

38. Showbuz gal says:

Emma! you took it outta my mouth,,i love you guys so much,esp Claire, but if you critique people every single secs, you must bring out your A-game too. Im always disappointed at Claire’s pick, im sorry, but I love you guys….

39. jadababy4 says:

Well i see major SHADE being thrown here but to be honest,seeing that in fashion we aren’t represented enough…. But these four women having lunch and handling business ,all of their outfits actually are functional and stylish they have to be rocking Balmain leather jackets and fur??? Models look like hobos just stepping out for but ya’ll saying step their game up ….child pleasssseeeeeee all of you frequent this site for inspiration and admiration do you really dress better then them so start a damn blog and watch how easy it is , go broke while you at it!! you forgot their other shoot super haute!!It’s damn shame this self hatred I love Jihan and Claire outfit the best and Faith earrings was on point and Cliche lipcolor….let it be gaga or Olivia wilde or that Cara model chick rock that ish ya’ll foam at the mouth

40. LibP says:

I agree with majority of the post. The only person who looks polished is Claire. Maybe Claire was the only one that knew about the photoshoot?

41. B says:

Let’s just be honest… Claire is the only one on the staff who usually dresses to kill. I think Cliche gets a pass merely off the fact that we’ve only seen her in action maybe twice, but the other two ladies have disappointed me every time they’re in front of the camera. Sorry :-(

42. Tiff says:

Shay P. Is sooooooo mad.

43. Sha says:

The Comments!! I DIE!!!

Ya’ll are the worse!! LMAO

44. Miss White says:

Usually I would not dignify this foolery with a response but this is a bit much. First off…kudos to you ladies for putting yourselves out there like that…better u than me. Second, to not like the ensembles is one thing but the disdain and nastiness in which some comments are expressed is a bit much. No one is saying u have to like every outfit but constructive criticism and just plain being mean are not one in the same. Good day fashionistas!

45. wapa girl says:

Omg…the outfits are a no go…except for Claire. How can you work for a fashion blog and not know howto dress. And sorry Cliche, that hair is not working…at all.

46. wapa girl says:

Btw, Claire the skirt doesnt fit well and a silk top would pair better with the wool.

47. itsjustme says:

aww where’s danielle nicole? would have loved to see her with the rest of the gang!

48. Bre Bre says:

Constructive criticism for the next group photo…

Some type of coordination would have worked better.
    Based on this picture I don’t know whether is was summer, spring, fall or winter. I don’t know if ya’ll were going to a sports bar or a 5 star restaurant.

Yes, the outfits lacked captivating style, but that is not what makes the pictures bad. It’s the lack of coordination. Ya’ll could have picked a theme, like 50s glam, or leather, or jean on jean, or dressy casual.

As a group, ya’ll look really all over the place… which appears TACKY as a whole. When really, some of the individual pieces showcased are decent pieces. Like Faith’s joggers! On point. But, her hair for the occasion. Smh.

Remember the Fashion Bomb Daily is ya’ll brand. Ya’ll need to put more effort into how ya’ll represent the brand… cause this is lackluster and I know ya’ll can do better.

Btw I am a publicist and brand image practitioner, so let me know if ya’ll need my services free of charge. Constructive, detail and results oriented. I’ll help free of charge for you Claire!

Peace and blessings <3

Seriously FBD staff, the way you critique the fashion choices of others, and this is the rubbish you all got on? I don’t know if to laugh or cry at this post.