October 11th, 2013
Christian Louboutin, Fashion, Fashion News
Christian Louboutin Unveils Collection of Color-Match Pumps For All Skin Tones
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Christian Louboutin is bringing good tidings of nude shoes for all, rolling out a capsule collection of pumps designed to “disappear like magic and become a fluid extension of [the leg].”
christian-louboutin-the-nudes-pumps-2

The range will offer their Pigalle, Fifi, Simple, Vendome, and Flo styles in shades from the fairest of fair to the deepest tones that women happen to come in. In order to find your perfect match, Louboutin has created an app allowing users to find their shade by taking a photo of their foot.

christian-louboutin-the-nudes

The collection is due to hit stores this month. What a wonderful offering from Louboutin! As most women don’t fall into the peachy shade retailers inaccurately describe as “nude” it’s great to see a luxury shoe brand attempting to accommodate more women who might want the nude look, but are too fair or too dark for most of the options provided. I might even pick up a pair for myself!

brown-loubies

Will you?

~Jihan

via the Daily Mail

Posted In
46 comments

46 Responses to “Christian Louboutin Unveils Collection of Color-Match Pumps For All Skin Tones”

1. The truth says:

Finally!

2. Ivy says:

This is pretty great. I’m saving my pennies for the Pigalle’s!

yesss

#excited

5. shee says:

Exciting!! If I could justify paying that much for shoes, then I would.

6. mi manning says:

coooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. iheartkeya says:

I love this. At least he thought it through. And I think they can be an investment.

8. oooh love this! will save up for a pair.

This is excellent! I’m so happy to see recognition of the ‘variety’ of skin tones! Now perhaps I can Really wear a nude shoe!

10. Est87 says:

About bloody time! Just need the high street to ‘copy’ so I can afford a pair! Lol

11. ReciRich says:

This is DOPE! I’ve always hated the term “nude” becasue that was not the color I was when I am nude lol

12. candylicker says:

I love it!

13. SHUT UP!!!! love button

14. Jen says:

I am so excited about this!!!!!!!!!

15. Giselle says:

This is something to LURVE!

16. Brittany says:

Genuis! I’m still pondering as to why this is JUST now happening though?

THEY’VE HAD NUDE PIGALLES ON THEIR SITE FOR A WHILE. THEY ARE ALWAYS SOLD OUT. THIS IS JUST THEM EXPANDING THE MODELS AND ADDING A FEW MORE COLORS.

18. bella says:

this is soooo cool!

19. Yeahyeah says:

Awesome! I still can’t afford them, though.

20. Marsha D says:

I get it and I like it….but I don’t need for my shoes to match my skin….do I? :-/

21. Suspicious Mole says:

isn’t that the same as purchasing a brown , chocolate or tan colored shoes? Don’t see the amazement. Didn’t he already have shows in those colors ? If he didn’t , he should have …..

22. Natasha says:

@Marsha It comes in handy, especially when you want to create the illusion of a longer leg line (with or without stilettos). Perhaps Claire can do a post on the benefits of nude and neutral colored shoes.

My worry here is that the high price point will exclude the very women the shoes are targeting, at least in the quantity justifying the marketing spend. Therefore, the assumption after 2-3 seasons will be like “they just didn’t sell, there’s no interest” and then manufacturers at lower price points won’t even bother to try.

My shoe budget maxes out at $250/pair tops. So these aren’t for me but as someone who has searched very hard for the perfect nude shoe, I can appreciate Louboutin for this initiative

23. DARKNLOVELY says:

Patiently awaiting the pigalles. Love the idea.

24. Jihan says:

@Natasha

actually studies have shown that black people shill out more for luxury goods, in spite of the fact that blacks tend to have less spending money for those sorts of things. So I don’t think it’ll stop those people who really want some staple loubies.

25. Pari says:

Well it’s about damn time! I still can’t afford them, but hopefully the lower price point companies will take note and start expanding their ranges as well.

26. Yupp says:

CL is a luxury brand…it’s not it’s job to speak to the socio-economic disparity between races. it’s to provide a shoe that is truly nude for a variety of women. If you can’t afford it that’s just too damn bad. Also from a marketing dollar perspective it’s probably in line with what they know sales to be among African Americans to be. The production of said shows is also probably limited or scaled to accommodate that difference as well.

27. Jbrizzy says:

I love it but why did it take so damn long for someone in fashion to do this? I’ve had this idea in the back of my mind for four years now!!!!

28. Tee Tee says:

This shades line has been mostly sold out for a while now I noticed it on CL site early last month not sure why it’s all of a sudden recent news. But I think it’s great either way good luck finding them though.

29. AzizMom says:

Hasn’t Nine West done this already?

30. Emma says:

Well Christian Louboutin is black (well bi-racialexactly, black Cameroon- white French), so I’m not surprised he would think about the ladies who have his mother’s complexion. Bien joue Christian!

great idea, too bad louboutins are generally the most uncomfortable shoes on earth.

32. MsA says:

Est87 and Pari- ditto.

33. Kitty B. says:

I love the idea, but Louboutins are sooo uncomfortable….I cant last more than an hr (if even that)in them.

I’m praying someone else decides to do this…Stuart Weitzman on line one, plz!

I think it is great that he is keeping all skin tones in mind. If I could afford a pair I would purchase.

35. S says:

Well wonders never cease. It’s about time a high end designer recognized what’s up in the world…TRULY! Way to go Christian, love it!

36. Ronnie says:

Cool!!

37. Nik says:

But are they comfortable?

38. Crystal says:

@Nik, heck no! I think this is great marketing but umm, I’ve always found shoes that match my skin tone, they’re just usually called something like tan, cognac or just good ol’ brown. The problem I have is actually referring to a light beige shoe as ‘nude’ or even worse “flesh”…. says to me the person who fits that description is who the designer is designing for. Not to downplay the fact that he’s doing something positive though. Sometimes those pale shoes are too light for some white women too.

39. Ja'me London says:

Such a good idea!! Now that the nude pump is becoming a fashion staple. =)

40. southern says:

some of the styles have been on the website for a while

41. Gege says:

Thank you @ Marsha D, Suspicious Mole and Crystal….people can be so gullible lol.

42. Grace says:

I hate it when people use the subjective term “fair” to refer to lighter complexions. Racism is so ingrained in our vernacular that we don’t even realize it #UNlearn

43. MImi says:

These are pumps in different shades of brown…that can be found with a little due diligence. I don’t get the excitement.

44. It’s awesome that there will now be a “nude” for us chocolate girls. I guess we’ve always had brown shoes but there is something about a Louboutin that makes you want to act as if we are just now getting our due :-)

45. A says:

This is awesome !

46. EJ says:

I really hope Jimmy Choo does a brown pump bc that’s what I need! You call it a “nude” I call it brown.