September 24th, 2013
Kerry Washington, Shopping, Style Inspiration, What to Wear, Winter Wardrobe
Fall 2013 Style Inspiration: Five Scandal Premiere Olivia Pope Inspired Looks
By Danielle Nicole

Happy Tuesday Bombshells! I hope you all are having a fabulous start to your week. September is just about up which means Hello to cooler weather, pumpkin spice everything, chunky knits, and the return of our coveted Fall tv shows!

Today’s What to Wear request is from our very own Fashion Bomb staffer, Jihan, who writes, “Have we done one of these? Scandal is about to premiere and I’m sure it would be a hit. Work wear, gym wear, red carpet, brunch, press conference? Could be cute…”

I concur Jihan! I thought this was a wonderful What to Wear suggestion seeing as how Scandal is such a popular show and Ms. Kerry Washington was recently declared People Style Watch Magazine’s Most Stylish Woman. So why not pay a little style homage to her beloved character, Olivia Pope, just in time for the show’s October 3rd premiere?

Now I’ll be honest, I think I might be the only person who doesn’t tune in to watch the drama unfold on the ABC hit. But, I have noticed the stylish digs adorned by Kerry Washington as the head of the White House’s crisis management team and the president’s love interest (I do know that much about the show).  So I’ve taken a few notes in preparation for today’s Scandal inspired looks and have used Jihan’s suggestions for appropriate occasions in which to wear such an outfit. And with that being said, let’s jump into the first look…

Olivia Pope lives for a neutral color palette, so for a work-ready look, opt for a grey pencil skirt, topped with an embellished sleeve grey top, and Chinese Laundry Kristin Cavallari Copertina suede pumps.

Scandal Inspired Look 5

Incorporate a stylish print with a grey check trench coat mixed with a structured leather tote. For the final touch, soften your lids with a pink eyeshadow option and a deep burgundy lip.

An oversized coat in a pastel hue is right on trend for this season’s outerwear staple, and Olivia is known to rock a classically stylish coat, so for look #2, soften up a conservative grey trouser and white button up ensemble with a pale pink overcoat, a grey satchel handbag, and suede Saint Laurent pumps.

Scandal Inspired Look 1

Add an additional dose of femininity with a draped necklace and a pair of Kate Spade New York perforated leather gloves. Lastly, match your makeup palette to your ensemble with a soft pink blush, a complimenting mani, and a neutral eyeshadow.

Head out to brunch in a black and white plaid fitted dress (find a similar style here) uplifted by black patent leather peep toe pumps and a classic black tote.

Scandal Inspired Look 2

Spice up this printed frock with a pair of long leather gloves, Stella McCartney cat eye sunglasses, and pearl earrings.

Get fit and fab in a pair of grey workout leggings topped with an aqua hued long sleeve knit top and Reebok ZigQuick Fire Lightweight running shoes.

Scandal Inspired Look 3

Carry everything you’ll need to power through your workout including your iPhone, a pair of earbuds, water bottle, and flavored lip balm in a trusty gym bag.

Olivia attends her fair share of White House black tie events and this Oscar de la Renta number would be perfect for such an occasion.

Scandal Inspired Look 4

Accent this floor length gown with a pair of silver ankle-strap heels, a gold evening box clutch, and silver layered oval dangle earrings.

What do you think? Did you get your Olivia Pope style fix with today’s wardrobe suggestions?

14 Responses to “Fall 2013 Style Inspiration: Five Scandal Premiere Olivia Pope Inspired Looks”

1. Nia says:

Kerry is spelled Carrie in the 3rd paragraph

2. bella says:

Love this! who else is having a scandal viewing party with tons of wine??

3. tee says:

For someone who doesnt watch the show u hit the hammer right on the nail! I can’t wait for my favorite show to return…go gladiators!

4. Tanya says:

I would’ve liked to see more pant options. Olivia Pope never wears skirts.

5. jeda says:

yes with the gloves!!!!
    Blessings

6. Stacey says:

ON POINT!!!

7. Erica B. says:

Those picks are okay. But you didn’t include a single white jacket or coat. All of us Gladiators know that’s Olivia Pope’s armor! And also, Olivia NEVER, EVER wears dresses (or skirts) unless it’s a gown and she’s going to a gala. And dresses are only worn in flashbacks.

8. Beans says:

She did say she was dressing Olivia Pope.

I love them all!

9. uptownchic says:

Danielle – you are a pro at this! I can totally see Kerry wearing all of these looks! I live for color personally; however this definitely inspires me to stretch beyond my usual looks – thanks!

10. Gigi says:

Funny, I watch Scandal and never noticed that Olivia didnt wear skirts. I guess I am always paying attention to her shoes and jackets.

I personally love when any style inspiration is work appropriate! Yay!

11. I totally see her in looks 1 (switch out the skirt for gray pants), 2 and 4! The plaid dress is way too loud her her and the workout gear should be white. The gown is amaze, I could totally see her in that with Fitz whispering in her ear while they dance.

12. binks says:

I think these selections are great. Though she may have a preference for pants I can see her wearing the skirt or the dress option.

13. JT says:

Look 3 is my favorite but I think it could use a white, grey, black bolero or stole, that would be the business! The structured sleeveless dress needs a stole to add that strategic clean complete feel for Fall. This is the season to rock the super cute jackets or cropped stoles before it gets too cold and snowy. A bolder woman could even try a fur stole or a bolero for a subtle regal look. Otherwise the fitted plaid dress is the best because it could work for the political or business woman or a nice fundraiser party!

14. Dom says:

This was a great idea. Love the looks, and looking forward to seeing the season premiere on Oct 3!