September 11th, 2013
Black Designers, Celebrity Style, Fashion, Fashion News, Pharrell
Fashion News: Vashtie Kola Is Appointed Creative Director of Icecream Girl
By Faith

Vashtie Kola is known for her inimitable tomboy chic style, thus she was the perfect person to serve as Creative Director of Pharrell Williams’s new Billionaire Boys Club offshoot, Icecream Girl:

vashtie-kola-icecream-girl

Despite her past connections with Pharrell, Vashtie wanted to get involved with the line because it truly speaks to her style aesthetic: a fun blend of downtown cool with uptown glam, throwing in some masculine versus feminine elements. “I always wanted to have a brand that spoke to someone like me. A tomboy that balances a world of opposites: masculine and feminine, hip-hop and rock, uptown and downtown.”

vashtie-kola-icecream-girl-1

The ’90s are so in right now and Vashtie channels the fashionable decade for the line’s debut collection. From ice cream cone-emblazoned tanks to slouchy sequin shorts, the designs will surely turn a few heads while still being comfortable.

vashtie-dumb-late-birthday-party-new-york-city-1908s-vintage-st-martin-new-york-rangers-sequin-and-beaded-silk-hockey-jersey-1

Stay tuned for the official release of the collection. I’m not sure about you, but I’m excited for it!

vashtie-kola-nas-life-is-good-party-new-york-city

What do you think?

Images: Vashtie Kola’s Blog

10 Responses to “Fashion News: Vashtie Kola Is Appointed Creative Director of Icecream Girl”

1. V says:

I love her style, her n pharrell were a pretty cute couple

2. Jihan says:

Vashtie Kola looks like how I imagine myself, except i’m not that hot and don’t have that thick beauitful mane :(

3. Miss j says:

Jihan I’m sure your hot Hun

4. geminibear says:

she seems refreshing, can’t wait

5. Honeybrown says:

She is so beautiful … Although the clothing line doesn’t seem appeasing to my taste, I’m sure their will be a few pieces I can work with. Congratulations vatshie….s/n her and pharell made a good looking couple. I wonder what his fiancé has to say about this new endeavor lol.

6. Yupp says:

Another pretty black hipster doing self-important “creative” work.

7. For Real says:

Skateboard P will do anything to keep her close. She’s obviously the one who got away and he does whatever he can do to keep her around. Putting money into Violette and making her Creative Director of Ice Cream. She is talented but definitely benefits off her ex’s generousity.

8. andie says:

I don’t particulary like her style for ME but i think she will bring something different to the table.

SN: its really annoying when genuinely talented women have their accomplishments diminished because an a man, particulary an ex, gave them an opportunity. *off my soapbox now*

9. Lolani says:

His wife must be a very secure woman and if so good for them there is money to be made out here and they might as well get it!

10. May I just say what a relief to discover somebody who
    actually understands what they are discussing online.
    You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
    A lot more people really need to look at this and understand this side of your story.
    I can’t believe you’re not more popular because you certainly
    possess the gift.