September 4th, 2013
Fashion, Fashion News, Kim Kardashian
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

kim-kardashian-cr-fashionbook-cover• A begrilled Kim Kardashian covers this edition of CR Fashionbook, lensed by none other than Karl Lagerfeld at his private photo studio in Paris. Pal Riccardo Tisci took the reigns on the art directing tip, outfitting a pregnant Ms. Kardashian in several, no doubt Yeezy-approved pieces, namely a crystal face mask, reminiscent of the Margiela one that he wore for a performance back in December. I suppose the cover is a nod to hip-hop culture: the image of a grilled-out rapper blowing smoke out of his mouth is one we’ve seen more times than anyone can count. It’s appropriate, considering she’s dating a rapper, but I’m a little wary of urban imagery in high fashion these days… What do you think of the shot? (WWD)

naomi-campbell-for-adidas

Naomi Campbell’s Adidas creation

Adidas has tapped Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Kylie Minogue, Boy George, Sir Elton John, and more to help them raise money for Stonewall, a charity benefitting gay, lesbian, and bisexual rights. Each has created a custom Adidas sneaker, to be displayed at London’s Bargehouse from September 7th to September 14th. If you like the shoes so much you gotta have ‘em, they will be sold at online auction at p6auction.com starting today.  (Vogue UK)

Balenciaga Spring 2013 RTW

• Dang. Balenciaga is really coming for Nicolas Ghesquière‘s wig! The designer’s former employer is bringing a case against him seeking $9.2million (!) in damages over what they felt were disparaging remarks made about his tenure at Balenciaga to System magazine. They also want the outcome of the ruling to be published in a range of French business and fashion publications.  According to court documents, once Ghesquière parted ways with Balenciaga, he signed an agreement pledging to avoid making comments about the house that might be hurtful to their image. Balenciaga’s lawyers claim that Ghesquière broke this contract by telling System things like,  “I began to feel as though I was being sucked dry, like they wanted to steal my identity while trying to homogenise things,” and,[working at Balenciaga] just wasn’t fulfilling anymore.” As the suit reads: “Balenciaga didn’t want its designer to justify his departure by criticizing the house that employed him. In general, the parties, knowing the hypersensitivity of the fashion industry to changes in creative direction, were forbidden from commenting on the break in order to avoid any detrimental effect on their economic interests or their image.” Ghesquière’s lawyers must get their arguments together to rebut Balenciaga’s claims by October 15th. Quel drame! Watch this space for more deets as they arise! (WWD)

freja-beha-erichsen-mother

Vogue UK has a look at model Freja Beha Erichsen‘s capsule collection with Mother. Don’t go looking for any bells and whistles here– the range is extremely minimalist, boasting classic button downs in neutral hues, t-shirts, sweaters, and of course, jeans. (Vogue UK)

capitol-hunger-games

‘Hunger Games’ fans will be delighted to hear that Lionsgate and Net-a-Porter are joining forces to launch a luxury clothing range based on the unique style of the story’s fictional Capitol inhabitants. “Capitol Couture by Trish Summerville” boasts 16 high-end ready-to-wear pieces along with leather goods and of course, jewelry. The line’s launch is to coincide with the promotion of the latest flick in the franchise, “Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” both of which will debut in November. (Fashion Bomb Inbox)

charles-james-gowns

• Legendary couturier Charles James is the subject of next year’s Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute exhibition. “Charles James: Beyond Fashion” will focus on  the designer’s expert use of sculptural elements to create some of the most timeless, artful gowns, with about 100 of his creations on display. The show will be held in at the Met’s first floor spaces as well as at the new Costume Institute galleries, which will be reopening. The date for the Gala is set for May 5th, with event chairs including Anna Wintour, Bradley Cooper, Sarah Jessica Parker, Lizzie and Jonathan Tisch, and Oscar de la Renta. (WWD)

Giovanna Battaglia iphone case exclusively for yoox.com _mirror mirror

Giovanna Battaglia‘s teamed up with Case Scenario to design an iPhone 5 cover for YOOX.  The ‘Mirror Mirror’ cover boasts a dimensional geometric heart shape pattern and silver finish. There is also a powder pink and black colorway. If you like it, you can get it exclusively at YOOX. (Fashion Bomb Inbox)

~Jihan

24 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb New Breakdown: Kim Kardashian Covers CR Fashionbook,, Balenciaga v. Nicolas Ghesquière Case Heats Up, and Net-A-Porter to Sell ‘Hunger Games’ Fashion Collection”

1. lima says:

uhmmm just a big ol’ NO! to whatever it is Kim is trying to do on that cover!

2. Capricorn Beauty says:

I’m tired of hip hop culture only being “acceptable” or “cool” instead of “ghetto” and “trashy” whenever non-black people decide to adopt it.

3. binky says:

yessssss @capricornBeauty !!! my thoughts exactly and she looks friggin’ silly

4. Smurf says:

Ricardo will forever have kim looking a mess

5. The article said “outfitting a pregnant Ms. Kardashian in several, no doubt Yeezy-approved pieces”

She is blowing smoke on the cover! was she pregnant then?

I am so confused :/

6. Jihan says:

Yes, she was pregnant @Cherie, but i’m pretty sure they wouldn’t endanger the baby with cigarette/marijuana/cigar smoke. They prolly used a water vapor machine, or Photoshop

7. bebe says:

@ Capricorn Beauty

You beat me to the punch and I couldn’t agree with you more. It’s annoying because its a blatant insult to what the urban/black community has been doing for years on end.

8. guest says:

Ummm… YIKES!! WTF, I literally just spit up my water.LOL

9. jak says:

Interesting, Karl insults Adele about her weight but this is supposed to be complex art. Hmmmm…

10. T1K says:

I thought that Kim cover was a joke! The whole spread is hideous! Not characteristic of her (or well what she used to be before Kanye)

11. lol says:

Actually I think the whole thing symbolizes her perfectly, over inflated literally and figuratively puffed up with her own narcissism and self absorbed. Especially in the close up of her face. I wonder if this is the “work” her mother claims she does.

12. Cherie n the D says:

I have to work on my sarcasm! I figured that if she was pregnant that it was all buffoonery and the smoke was not real! but that was my point! Why are you on the cover acting!????!!! This was just a fail for the magazine and it was a poor time in KK life to choose to do such a shoot when you are blessed to have an opportunity to bring life into the world you take the time out to put a grill in yo mouth and smoke in your face! Why??? I am confused :/ Is she trying to prove to Kanye that she is about that life? or is she living her life trying to compare to Beyoncé?

13. Nssa says:

Garbage is all I can say.

14. Deedee says:

I love this forum! I thought to myself …am I hating because this photo just irritates me…but you all have mirrored my sentiments. White girl in the hip hop fad….puhlease….even when Jenny from the Block did it….puhlease. It’s an obvious plot to capitalize on the attention of what juxtaposing archaic stereotypes bring…white girl hip hop….good bad…PUHLEASE KIM GO HAVE A SEAT SOMEWHERE.

15. MAJOR says:

@capricorn You are totally right! At the same it feels like a mockery! SMH!

16. Minnesota says:

What is up with chicks and grills?? When did they become fashionable? I don’t get it! @Capricorn well said!

17. Ganja Girl says:

Yasssssssssss I actually love the cover. Naomi Campbell is however, dead ass wrong for those sneakers.

18. Queen 1213 says:

i love Kim in the grills.!

19. Sommer says:

Nope! Kim looks stupid. She got played again!.

20. viwe says:

Totally love this! Kudos to Kim for tapping into the world of high fashion! We ouceah getting money by any means! Money rotates the world, get it Kim. No better time to embrace life than when you are pregnant.

21. LaTasha says:

Harpo who dat white man on the tongue of Naomi Campbell’s adidas? I thought Jesus in the bible was describe as having copper skin and hair of wool? Oh and Kim looks a mess. No disrespect but Kim is not a high fashion girl. Clearly Kanye has some self esteem issues because he won’t date the woman he wants, he’ll try to make a woman of low self esteem what he wants. A shame…

22. Indigo says:

The cover is wickedly wack! Capricorn hit the nail on the head!! This is why I tell people, they love BLACK PEOPLE! It’s blacks who hate themselves.

23. Jei says:

@Capricorn Exactly!

What are you trying to prove? You look a damn fool!

SN: Excited to see the Hunger Games pieces