• A new film based on the life of Josephine Baker is in the works, and according to the Daily Mail, Rihanna is in the running to portray the Jazz Age icon. Do you think Ms. Robyn Fenty is a good candidate for the role? (Daily Mail)
• Tory Burch is the latest designer to dip into the lucrative beauty biz with the launch of a brand new fragrance, limited edition color cosmetics line, and collection of bath and body products. Burch hooked up with Estée Lauder to create a signature scent with a “tomboy meets feminine” feel, punctuated with notes of vetiver and tuberose. Her makeup offerings will include a bronzer palette, lip and cheek tine, retractable face brush, and a lipstick. Bath and body will bring shower gel, body lotion, body cream, and a candle. The items will be available for presale online come September 6th, with the full launch scheduled for September 26th. Color cosmetics ($32-$48) will be available in Tory Burch stores and on her website only. You can pick up the bath products ($50-$80) and fragrance ($62- $110) at Burch’s boutiques, website, 31 Bloomingdales stores, and nine Holt Renfrew shops.
• Swarovski‘s unveiled the designers they will be working with for their yearly Swarovski Collective initiative. Sister by Sibling, Michael van der Ham, and Alexis Mabille will incorporate the jeweler’s famed crystals into their Spring 2014 shows, and receive monetary backing for production. (Vogue UK)
• Jennifer Hudson‘s been tapped to pose for Disney’s latest Dream Portraits, lensed by Annie Leibovitz. Check out these behind-the-scenes snaps from the shoot, in which Hudson is gussied up as Princess Tiana from The Princess and the Frog. Simply gorgeous! (Styleite)
• Of course the Kardashian‘s first runway show for their Kardashian Kollection label is a little gimmicky– we wouldn’t have it any other way! The reality sisters three posted a snap of the stage design for their upcoming show for Australia Fashion Week, which includes a giant Eiffel Tower to complement the show’s “international” theme. We’ll just assume that they’ve got more giant sculptures of famous national landmarks to illustrate the inspiration. (Kim Kardashian’s Blog)