August 19th, 2013
Claire's Life, Real Style
On the Scene: Cocktails with Claire D.C.

Happy Monday!
Well, the Fashion Bomb train stopped in Washington D.C. last Friday, with our last Cocktails with Claire extravaganza!
6   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy
u   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy
0   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy
s   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy
I was literally overwhelmed and overjoyed by the enthusiasm and sheer style at Eighteenth Street Lounge. D.C. had our highest number of RSVP’s out of any city, and DMV definitely blew me away!
5   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy 2
cocktails with claire dc MCM-FBDC-691
v   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy
y   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy
4   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily
Bomb photographer Mary Caroline Mann singled out a few fashionistas in the crowd!

Take a look:
COCKTAILS WITH CLAIRE- FINAL DECK

Avid Fashion Bomb reader Taj looked gorgeous with soft makeup, a statement necklace, and a black strapless jumpsuit.
t   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy
Neutral tones and a curly blond cut characterized this chic look.
m   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy
There were quite a few guys in attendance, including this stylish fashionisto, who worked printed pants and a yellow blazer with singular flair.
h   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy
Pastor John O. also stopped by, and gave a fashionable twist to a traditional ensemble with cuffed pants.
f   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy
An embellished top added interest to Bermuda shorts and strappy sandals.
e   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy
I was in love with this attendee’s menswear inspired look, down to her patterned bow tie.
cocktails with claire d.c. krisy temple copy
Cutie Krisy worked a pink pleated skirt and leather cropped bustier.
g   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy
Musical Artist Trip Lee kept it cool in a tailored suit.
a   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy

Prints were popping! To whit: this reader’s patterned romper.

9   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy

Giuseppe Zanotti sandals added a nice touch to this pencil skirt and camisole combo.

4   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy 2

A neutral outfit was jazzed up by a printed head piece.

2  cocktails with claire d.c. copy

And a skirt and shirt were given a saucy twist with a cinched belt and red accents.

As for me, I wore a Michael Van der Ham printed shirt and a Marni skirt, accessorized by my Jimmy Choo Anouk Suede Pumps.
5   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy

Makeup by Michelle German of Neon V Mag and an updo by Sammy Lacombe, and I was ready for the night.
4   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy

What do you think?
cocktails with claire d.c. claire sulmers marni skirt michael van der ham shirt copy
As for Cocktails with Claire, I must just say…WOW!

x   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy

I am honestly just one to sit behind my computer and write all the live long day. I wasn’t sure how these would turn out, but I have been so humbled by your support and honored by your presence in all cities. I can’t thank you enough for stopping by–and I can’t wait to do these again!
7   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy
c   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy w   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy

And I said, these aren’t about me: it’s about networking, having fun, and socializing in the name of fashion. I hope you guys had as much fun as I did.
n   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy l   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy 2
k   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy 2 j   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy 2
Next stop: maybe Chicago? Or LA?
Stay tuned!
i   cocktails with claire d.c. 0 claire sulmers fashion bomb daily copy
The best, my friends, is yet to come.
4  cocktails with claire d.c. claire sulmers marni skirt michael van der ham top jimmy choo pumps copy
Smootches!

*Special shout out to Kitchen Cray for providing delicious hors d’oeuvres.

copy

They were the bomb! Check them out if you’re interested in them catering your event. See more at KitchenCray.com.
See a full gallery below, and HD pix on Facebook:

Images by Mary Caroline Mann. Special thanks to Tara Makarechi.

44 Responses to “On the Scene: Cocktails with Claire D.C.”

1. Sonia says:

We would lové to havé u in Chicago hun

2. KChloe says:

DMV represented! Hey now. Claire, you looked beautiful!

Dang, how did I miss Trip Lee?! At any rate, I was at the event, and can attest that Claire, you are not only fabulously stylish but very kind, humble, and inspiring! It was a great night! Everyone looked fabulous and I met some amazing people : )

4. KBS says:

Nice job. Come on down yonder to the city of brotherly love and get your fashion on and a cheesesteak!

5. Fabulous! Everything and everyone looked great. You should definitely stop by Chicago! We’d love to have you!

6. Gigi says:

I’m from NY and I feel DC represented the best fashion-wise! Good Job!

7. Ashley says:

Oooh Oooh can you please have an event in Chicago!!!

8. AzizMom says:

Glad my sis made it. @iammessy was in the house!

9. BJay says:

MY Babe represented in the Yellow Blazer….FIRE Go Dolce!!!!!

10. Thanks for coming to DC Claire. I had a great time mingling, meeting you and taking that shoe pic (we posted on IG lol). You are definitely an inspiration. I look forward to seeing what you have planned next! :)

11. T says:

This post makes me so happy!!! I love DC and all these gorgeous people!! Can’t wait for more – love you, C! xoxo

~T

D.C is sooo beautiful and brown. I can’t wait for Labor Day weekend. ..

13. exfatchic says:

Claire, you look so much smaller in person, and I saw you swinging the heccccccck out of that skirt. You better werk love!!!

14. Kippen says:

This looked like a wonderful event. You my lady…gorgeous! Hopefully I’ll be lucky enough to attend on of these years.

15. You look amazing, and I think Toronto would be good to you .

16. kor says:

come to Houston.

17. Georgia says:

Your readers are gorgeous!

Love that you’ve been wearing Marni – it’s my favorite!

18. sasha says:

You look fabulous Claire. I have been following your blog for the past 4years and happy to see the success and growth!

19. Brandon says:

I am soooooo ready for an LA event.

20. Nik says:

Great style. Claire you look wonderful.

21. FashForward says:

Much better….I probably should have attended in D.C. Looks like more of an interaction between you and the readers. Kudos to you, and the people of DMV are GORGE!

22. Jei says:

LA please! You looked darling and these look like so much fun!

23. Melrause says:

PULLLLL UUUUUP!!! Claire this is the best outfit of them all…killin it as usual!!

24. Tami says:

Love your look, werk it girly!

25. Jay says:

Claire, you look amazing as always. I love the top. Why not both? Maybe add in Miami or London if its feasible. :-) Are there anymore pictures or a video of the D.C. event? Everyone looked fab honey! D.C. did that!

26. Lauren Fay says:

CHICAGO

27. A says:

Yaaasss Claire! Looked amazing.

Seriously DC has evolved fashionably, I am so proud being a dc native. Too bad I missed the event

29. Ivory J. says:

LA please! We would love to have you!

30. Dom says:

Ugh, DC killed it! Like, damn! I was so sad to miss it as I’m really looking forward to meeting Claire.

Glad everyone had fun and looked fab while doing so. The pics are fab too, props to the photog!

31. Wow! Will you organise one when you will stop by Paris?

32. Robin says:

Detroit would LOVE to see you!
    if not then i will come to chicago! :)

33. Toya says:

Every look was polished and on point!! Claire you were fabulosity!! I’m in Cleveland but, I will travel to CHICAGO!! Hands Down!! Let me know in a timely manner so I can plan accordingly!!

34. Its Me says:

I LOVE my city! I’m so proud of the our fashion sense! This looks like it was a great event and you, Claire look absolutely beautiful!

35. Great event! Thanks for hosting this great opportunity to be surrounded by so many beautiful and beautifully styled individuals. Claire looked amazing, was down to earth and a total sweetheart. Looking forward to upcoming events and the time you come to town.

@BeautyVoyeurs

36. DC did well.. we loved having you here and thank you for a great event!

37. Melissa says:

PLEASE MIAMI!!!! The weather here is great in the Fall LOL I’m an event planner & would love to produce this event!!!!

38. Natasha says:

You know that thing where you get choked up when you see someone dressed nicely? Yeah, that happened to me while scrolling down all these stunning pics. DC, I just didn’t know all that about you! Looks like a great event filled with fun folks. Giggles at the duck face selfie.

Said it for one of the earlier events but co-signing now with KIYOSHA TEIXEIRA for a Canadian venue. Toronto would be nice (or Montreal, s’il vous plait, since you like French anyways. D’accord?). There’s a good amount of FBD readers Up North too so please don’t forget us!

39. heyyall says:

Trip Less is a Gospel Artist.. He does not do any other music.. Love him

40. Katie says:

Come to Chicago please! I’d love to come!

41. WHITNEY says:

COME TO LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42. soon2Bmrs says:

Claire you look beautiful!!! Looks like an amazing event, DMV represented well….love DC!

Chicago next please :)

43. Brenda says:

Claire, you promised to be in LA in the fall. I can’t wait.

We are (not so patiently j/k) waiting for you in Chicago. Seeing this post just got me so excited!! I’m ready for all of this FABULOUSNESS!! Come on down before it gets to cold!!