July 30th, 2013
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Selene from Texas

Selene from Brownsville, Texas sent in her pictures for Bombshell of the Day:
bombshell of the day selene
She writes, “I would describe my style as chic and classy.”
00  Selene from Texas
” I love color and prints.
6  Selene from Texas
” I like wearing inexpensive clothes…”

7  Selene from Texas
“… and still make it look expensive and stylish.”

8  Selene from Texas
” Style doesn’t necessarily mean expensive…”

4  Selene from Texas
“…It’s just knowing how to chose and mix clothing items and still look fashionable.”

3  Selene from Texas
” I’m a housewife that believes in dressing up…”

2  Selene from Texas
“… whether I’m going out grocery shopping or on a dinner date”

9  Selene from Texas

“… one should always look and feel impeccable.”

1  Selene from Texas

Agreed! I personally believe you should always look your best as well. Dress like you might run into your worst enemy!
See more of Selene’s pix on Instagram @Diary_of_a_housewife.
What do you think?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 6-8 clear, unfiltered, head-to-toe pictures of 6-8 different outfits to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted will be featured on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any of our social media platforms. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game!.

Posted In
57 comments

57 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Selene from Texas”

1. southern says:

pretty! i wouldn’t/don’t believe anything she’s wearing is inexpensive if she wouldn’t have said so

She looks like Chris Bosh’s wife with her shades on.. I just don’t like the blue dress w.the belt… Her style is okay!!!

3. Simply Irresistible says:

Very nice. I like her style. Well put together & classy.

4. Shera says:

her WIG is nice! I mean she does have great hair, however you can tell she is wearing a WIG in two or more of the pics. The fashion is SIMPLE!

5. Neesiepoo says:

She does remind me of Chris Bosh’s wife. I personally hate toe cleavage but she’s alright. I cant hate on ya

6. Emma says:

Her style is very Kim Kardashian circa 2010. She could “update” her style by wearing less 2010-2011 platforms, being less matchy-matchy. She is well put together and kinda stylish though and it works for her body type. Nice hair and make-up. Her face is mix between Chris Bosh’s wife and Eudoxie Agnan (Ludacris’ girlfriend)from certain angles.

7. Msmimi13 says:

Uhh I can’t tell what’s a wig. Cute looks, period

8. Dreadful Beauty says:

Everyone has a couple cute outfits they can throw on to take some pictures in and look nice. However, to be a fashion bombshell/bomber I feel you should have an undeniable style that demands “two snaps up in a circle”. There has been nothing special about the entries lately. Just some cute faces in colorful clothes.

9. Ashley says:

Was I the only that was focused on how nice that house looks in the background? lol I agree with the comments above: cute girl, nice style, very Adrienne Bosh.

10. Emma says:

@Dreadful Beauty: co-signing 100%.

11. GiGi says:

She looks cute. Somethings I would wear…somethings I would not. Fashion bombshell..ehhh…barely. I don’t see anything that inspires me or leaves me in awe. Cute girl..cute outfits…thats about it. NEXT!!—>

12. Ok style. The multiple high waist belts do date her style a bit. I like the green/yellow printed dress the most.

13. jeda says:

very clean and classy, i like
    Blessings

14. fly won says:

Yeah that house was getting my attention too. Very “Real Housewives” style. She looks very well put together! Go girl!

15. MISS MEDUSA says:

HER HUSBAND PLAYS FOR THE SPURS OR ROCKETS, DOESN’T HE? SHE HAS THAT CLICHE BASKETBALL WIFE LOOK…

16. sweetie says:

Love, on point with everything, polka dot top is nice, i like it.

17. Mia says:

Well put together, style is pretty normal.

And I agree with someone above, while the recent FBD features have well-dressed women, the entries have been so boring this summer.

18. Janice says:

Bombshell. Nothing else needs to be said. YES!

19. Nikkibellarae says:

I like her! Chic, sophisticated and fab style!xx

20. MAC says:

I love that navy blazer / floral pants outfit. Also, I wish she would have given us a tour of that place behind her lol. It looks fabulous.

21. BougieHippie says:

Very lovely and chic style! I like her!

22. Ari says:

I like her (very Adrienne Bosh)!

23. Im really liking it esp the maxi with the floral front WERK!!!

24. ilike2smize says:

She is cute, she looks nice and her body is sitting,…..but…..she is NOT a fashion bombshell. Her style is a little too Real Houswives meets Kardashian meets Devious Maids to be a real bombshell.

25. smv says:

Pretty girl with pretty clothes, i cant stand those platforms they are terrible. Not very creative.

26. haute_shopaholic says:

Outfits are nice and put together, just not very bombshell. Those shoes date her style ALOT, she could have incorporated some classy/chic shoes; that may have helped. Expensive doesn’t equate stylish.

27. J. Nicole says:

While some of the looks are dated, when she gets it right (with the maxis) she looks great. I too used to be a sucker for platform heels, but when the reality show look seemed to take off, I ditched them. So it’s good to experiment with other looks.

28. Elle says:

I love her style. I love her shoes. I love when high meets low. I am not into forcing looks and this seems to work for her real life. Its obvious if she wanted to pay more money she could so its refreshing that it looks so classic.
    I am bothered by the negative comments from some of the ladies. I will never understand why we women do that.
    Congrats Selene, you look fabulous.

29. Empress says:

She’s adorable!

30. KrissAndTell says:

She looks very nice and well put together. I don’t get the people that saying she’s not a “Fashion bomb”. Why not? Caus her looks are safe?. I tthink she look nice and conservative. Go girl! And I do agree she dressed like she might run into her worst enemy.

31. Dreadful Beauty says:

@ Elle
    None of the comments posted here today were “negative”. To say that she looks basic, normal, boring, not inspiring… is not a diss, it’s a honest opinion. IMO her fashion choices were just nice, nothing special or out of the ordinary and that’s not meant to tear anyone down as a woman.

IMO she dresses like an overly pampered housewife who has nothing else better to do than shop. However, I do think her style is more on the classic side of things. The boob job? I think causes her shape to look unnatural in her clothing. She is giving me “new money im a new nba/nfl wife and I want to fit in with the new girls” type of vibe.

33. tasha says:

I think she looks polished and put together. Very business chic in several of the looks. Really love one pair of her shoes.

34. PEACE says:

Beautiful girl,amazing body. She is clearly a basketball wife, or some would call it a “kept woman”. Her stlye does remind me of Kim K circa 2011 but she has great shoe taste. Very stylish, I like :) And her clothes look far from cheap :)

35. BuckeyeJeans says:

Hot! Now THAT’S a bombshell. I dig her style. I know the glam look isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I give credit where credit’s due. Style comes in many forms, from the Solange Knowles pattern-mixers to the Gwyneth Paltrow, Jen Aniston simple, sleek polished look.
    Is it me, or does she kinda look like Love & Hop Hop’s Emily B.

36. Liz says:

If Emily B. and Adrienne Bosh had a baby, it would be Selene. I chuckled at the inexpensive bit, she’s living comfortably and she WANTS you to know it, buying “inexpensive” clothes doesn’t mask that.

She’s a beautiful woman, a lot of the clothes do scream Real Housewives/basketball wife though. She looks put together and classy, and from IG I learned she has 3 kids, for that alone… bombshell.

37. Brandi says:

Her 3rd and last looks I like the best. I think her style is suitable for her. I LOVE her philosophy…a girl after my own heart.

Absolute bombshell! My kinda style.i love evryth

39. Style4Curves says:

I love her..she reminds me of Kim K (pre-Kanye) or Adrienne Bosh. I can’t hate…she’s a beautiful woman with a nice body and an obviously rich or wealthy Hubby. Go girl!!!

Okay but those belts<

41. c. says:

Haha @Shera aka the hater love the snotty comment. Its funny how people who say rude things about others rarely understand that it reflects poorly on them, not the object of their jealousy…

42. DarkNLovely says:

All the shade being thrown in some of these comments are laughable. I can only imgaine how badly half of you wish you were in her place. sad.

43. Tifani says:

I love her style,her house is nice too lol!

44. Cherimacheri says:

Lovely very Adrienne bosh like..that green maxi look

45. Ms M says:

The 4th (yellow shirt/chevron skirt/heels) and last looks were my favourites. Her style is coherent, polished and very well put together – which cannot be said for vast majority of submissions over the last few weeks sadly.

46. Jaz says:

The yellow +black+ white outfit is nice. I voted bombshell because it works for her, and she described her style perfectly. I would like to see how she would style pants though.

47. Danielle says:

I like her style and she’s very pretty. I thought I was the only one who thought she looked like Eudoxie, she looks exactly like her!

48. Shirley says:

Very lady like!!!

49. selectivewords says:

Yeah, I thought she looked more like Eudoxie than Mrs. Bosh.

50. ike2998 says:

I loved everything even down to the HUGE a$$ ROCK!!