July 9th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Who Wore it Better
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Octavia Spencer was spotted at the NYC screening of her new film, Fruitvale Station, in the same $408 Tadashi Shoji Lace Panel Cocktail Dress Beverly Johnson wore at this weekend’s McDonalds 365 Awards in New Orleans:
Who Wore It Better? Octavia Spencer vs. Beverly Johnson in Tadashi Shoji’s Lace Panel Cocktail Dress

While Octavia opted for black pumps, a pulled back hairstyle, and red lips, Beverly Johnson went for loose hair, nude lips, and matching lace detailed pumps.
Hand cut panels of black embroidered lace ornament the sides and trim of this ivory cocktail, bordering the neckline, cap sleeves, and hem.
Octavia Spencer vs. Beverly Johnson in Tadashi Shoji's Contrast Lace Cap Sleeve Panel Cocktail Dress
It’s tough to go toe-to-toe with a supermodel, as is the case here! Beverly’s form-fitting silhouette adds a dose of chic sex appeal, which I personally prefer.
What do you think?

000 Octavia Spencer vs. Beverly Johnson in Tadashi Shoji's Lace Panel Cocktail Dress
Beverly-Johnson-McDonalds-3

16 Responses to “Who Wore It Better? Octavia Spencer vs. Beverly Johnson in Tadashi Shoji’s Contrast Lace Cap Sleeve Cocktail Dress”

Voted Octavia…b/c not a fan of Beverly’s choice of accessories and shoes. the shoes….bleh…just too matchy matchy. Although I would have loved for octavia to have played up her look with her hair or maybe even an updo.

2. Sandra says:

i actually like Octavia’s styling better. Beverly’s shoes are too matchy matchy. Octaivia would have killed this with the same shoe, different color like colbolt or red or something.

3. mak says:

Octavia! b/c of the shoes

Octavia !

octavia. i hate beverly’s shoes with this dress

6. Bijoux says:

This is not a close one for me; Ms. Octavia Spencer wore this dress better. As others have pointed out, Octavia’s shoes are better suited for the dress than Beverly Johnson’s shoes since they don’t match perfectly with the dress (I loved the suggestion to pair a bright pump with the dress as an even better styling option). I also happen to prefer the fit of the dress and silhouette on Octavia because it has a bit of an a-line flare, which makes the dress look more sophisticated.

7. AzizMom says:

Octavia clearly. Queen Bev looks boxy here and the color of her hair isn’t working for me. Everyone has remarked on the shoes so the winner is Octavia! Work the curves girl!

8. T1K says:

Octavia!

9. S says:

Octavia…………….

10. Empress says:

Neither. This is an ugly dress.

11. Nakia P says:

Octavia… I love Ms Trinidad but the hair is throwing it off.

12. NYC chick says:

I really dislike Tadashi on women who aren’t waifs. I’ll give this one to Octavia but I wish she would give Tadashi up!!!

13. I just don’t like the dress period. I don’t care who is wearing it. Don’t throw stones.

14. Marna says:

I like Octavia better, but I’m thinking neither one of them “wore” the outfit. It just looks like they both just put it on. Octavia could have killed it with a bright shoe and glamorous hair. Both both Ms. Spencer AND Ms. Johnson look like they decided to come to the event about an hour before they showed up on the red carpet. Love the dress though and think it suits both beautifully. Its just the overall styling on both of them throws me (AND THEM) off.

15. LawyerLady says:

Octavia! Her styling is infinitely better! I agree with @AzizMom – Beverly’s hair color isn’t very flattering to me.

16. Westafricanmutt says:

Hmmmmmm not cute, not cute, not cute