July 5th, 2013
Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

prince-v-magazine

Prince looks more like a king on the cover of V magazine’s latest issue. And like true royalty, the singer has a trusty assistant named Ramadan to speak for him: “Nobody really talks to me. Nobody talks to me a lot.” He points at Ramadan. “I talk to her. She talks to you. She talks to Richard. And so on and so forth. If I trust her, then you can trust her.” Well, at least it’s a relationship based on trust…! Read the accompanying article here. (V Magazine)

jourdan-dunn-2013-brit-awards-london-balmain-spring-2013-dress

• Any of us would be nervous to meet Naomi Campbell, but Jourdan Dunn didn’t have time for jitters before her first interaction with the legendary supermodel. The Well Dunn host tells Vogue UK that she was barely dressed the first time she met Ms. Campbell: “It was at the launch of Kate Moss’ Topshop line and I was half naked backstage when she just came running up to me in front of everyone and gave me a massive hug and said, ‘Hi darling, it’s so great to meet you, we must have lunch,” she says. “I didn’t have time to register being scared really, I was just thinking: ‘I’m half naked and Naomi Campbell is hugging me in front of everyone, and now we’re going to have lunch. OK…’” (Vogue UK)

gucci-john-legend-summer-love-tour

John Legend‘s “Summer Love” tour is set to kick off today, and WWD has the 411 on his wardrobe. The singer will be outfitted in Gucci threads, created by creative director Frida Giannini. Take a peek at a sketch depicting one of his looks. Are you feeling it? (WWD)

angela-simmons-rolling-out-magazine

Angela Simmons is hard at work on her A by Angela Simmons line, and gave Rolling Out magazine a little info on what to expect: “It’s really feminine, but still dressed down, because that’s how I am,” she says. “I think that an outfit should be able to carry you from day to night. It should be something that you can wear with sneakers, or something that you can wear with heels. That’s the kind of girl that I am. I’m a New York City edgy girl on the go, so the clothing line is fun and young … it’s also something that you can keep forever. I try to make pieces that people will be able to carry on for a long time. I want my pieces to be affordable, so it’s a very moderate-end line that you can actually buy and be fashionable for the price.” Pieces to “carry on a long time?” Sounds like Ms. Simmons is planning on dishing out some high-quality offerings! (Global Grind)

• Take a behind-the-scenes look at Chanel‘s Fall 2013 Couture runway show. (Chanel YouTube)

~Jihan

9 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Prince Covers V Magazine, Jourdan Dunn on Her First Time Meeting Naomi Campbell, and Behind The Scenes at Chanel’s Fall 2013 Couture Show”

1. Poetry says:

Prince just slayed the entire FBD website for the entire day. I’m surprised the www didn’t crash. He’s giving absolutely NO F–KS!

2. Natasha says:

Prince can do no wrong. Loving on this dude for the better part of 25 years. The first part of the interview is nothing new to even the average Prince fan. And the 2nd third of that interview has some interesting business insights. The last part is a great lesson on how to brush people off with grace :lol:

3. flywon says:

that video of the Chanel show was breathtaking! I feel so much fatter through :-/ Wondering, are there any haute couture runway shows for sizes 8-14?

4. tasha says:

Prince just says and does whatever. Oh Kanye wish he could be him.

Haha at how Naomi just hugged her. Yeah you cant be all intense in that moment.

Angela’s line anything like what she wears I will pass. I just dont see it.

@flywon they have certain pieces that you will find in the stores but you wont see it on the actual runway.

5. Honeybrown says:

Prince face is beat to the gods. And he is rockin the hell out of that blow out!! Yasss!!! He can do no wrong

6. jme says:

The Purple One

7. AJ says:

@ poetry….Yass hunni….he slayed

8. vintageglow says:

Call me crazy but now I see why the ladies loved him back then, he aint too bad looking on the eyes lol

9. MissNikki says:

Prince is gorgeous, someone should interview him about his beauty regimen. I would not stand next to him LOL.