June 28th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Fashion, Hot or Hmm
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Ashanti was one of the celebs on hand for Time Warner Cable’s “View From The Top” Upfront event. The singer hit the red carpet in a creation from Project Runway alum Michael Costello, topping off her look with a pair of peachy Christian Louboutin Pigalle pumps,  and jewels from Lorraine Schwartz.

ashanti-view-from-the-top-michael-costello-dress

Her greyish blue jacquard dress has a fit-and-flare silhouette, as well as a turtleneck top and cutout at the chest. The cutout back features an exposed zipper. I can’t find the dress on his site, but Ashanti divulged via her Instagram account that she was wearing one of Michael’s pieces. Perhaps he made it especially for her?

ashanti-view-from-the-top-2-michael-costello-dress

I’m on the fence about this look, and I think it’s the turtleneck silhouette throwing me off. It kind of reminds me of when girls wear Uggs with skirts– pick a season!

ashanti-time-warner-view-from-the-top

Anyhow, what say you, Bombers and Bombshells? Does this look for for Ashanti?

ashanti-view-from-the-top-michael-costello-dress
~Jihan
Photos: Zimbio

Posted In
16 comments

16 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Ashanti’s Time Warner Cable “View From The Top” Upfront Event Michael Costello Dress”

1. Honeybrown says:

I love Ashanti and I love Michael’s designs but this look is not doing anything for me. I agree its the turtleneck, and the fact that its ill fitting in the bust area, the hemline is too short. ok let’s be honest I don’t like this dress at all.

2. jbrizzy says:

I like it and I think maybe if she would have moved her hair off her shoulder or wore a nice up do. It would babe did the outfit more justice

3. Diva says:

maybe the look would suit me if her hair was up in a bun and maybe different shoes… a strappy sandal maybe ?

4. smv says:

she looks cute, because she a cutie pie. But i have to agree with honey brown this dress is too short, it looks like something that belongs in “JR’S” section.

Not a fan of the dress.its too short ,makes it look inexpensive. The makeup could have been better as well

She looks aged in the close up. Perhaps its the makeup.

7. Marsha says:

The hem is definitely too short, the look seems awkward to me.

8. dyshaun says:

Get used to high necks Jihan. Theyre everywhere. LOL I like this dress..without these shoes and different makeup.

9. Empress says:

Too short! I don’t like the neck part of the dress.

10. cherimacheri says:

love u ashanti..comeback..hot

11. makeeasweet says:

This would look so much better if it was little longer and i think her eyelashes are uneven.

12. Tifani says:

Not lovin’ this look!

13. NYC chick says:

Such a prettying girl but this look is NOT flattering on her. Wrong dress for her body

14. The neckline isn’t flattering for her body type. It makes her shoulders look more broad and her chest more flat than they really are.

15. diadia says:

love love love it, i mean ppl wearing turtle crop tops all the time nowadays

16. tasha says:

I actually like this look. Its cute.