June 25th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Who Wore it Better
By Faith

ESPN First Take moderator Cari Champion stepped onto the red carpet at the Venus Vs. and Coach New York Special Screenings in the same $257 Nanette Lepore Club Mix Dress Demetria Lucas aka A Belle In Brooklyn sported at her own Cocktails with Belle event in March.
demetria-lucas-nanetee-lepo
While Cari accessorized her frock with two-tone ankle strap black pumps, Demetria opted for orange suede wedge sandals.

The printed dress features a sheer yoke, cap sleeves, and pleat detailing.

Demetria takes this one for me. If Cari’s pumps were all-black patent leather, it would’ve been a tie.

What do you think? Who wore it better?

cari-champion-venus-vs-and-coach-special-nyc-screenings-nanette-lepore-club-mix-dress-1

03  claire sulmers demetria lucas fashion bomb daily cocktails with belle in brooklyn

0000 1  claire sulmers demetria lucas fashion bomb daily cocktails with belle in brooklyn

21 Responses to “Who Wore It Better? Cari Champion vs. Demetria Lucas in Nanette Lepore’s Club Mix Dress”

1. HannahF says:

Neither . I do NOT like Demetria’s ghetto 90′s braids. And Ms. Champion’s heels should have been black patent I agree. I see hits and misses in both looks.

2. Honeybrown says:

I love this dress ! I’m going with Demetria because I can appreciate the pop of color in her shoes. Although I would have opted for a different clutch purse, its still cute nontheless. And oh I love the braids, I rocked some back in the fall and I do mean rocked ” ghetto ” or not. LOL.

3. Noirre says:

I want this dress!

4. nikkiS says:

where is the usual poll. Cari

5. Kristi K says:

I am not here for that clutch…. but Demetria for the win.

was claire gifted with the whole mary katrantzou line? lol branch out some girl

7. josofresh says:

Clearly Cari has the body for the dress, the other girl looks stuffed into it and uncomfortable. Just because they barely make it in your size doesn’t mean you should try to squeeze into it..although I do like the red shoes. Demetria need to realize what works for her body type, clearly she has good taste but an unrealistic self body image..and I agree the “dookie” braids need to be left in the 80′s

8. Claire says:

@Anonymous I buy my clothes, Mary K definitely didn’t send them my way, lol. But I did have to stop myself from buying more. Promise, I’m done!

9. smv says:

i love this dress. i think its one of those dresses that is flattering on different shapes as is the case here. they both look good in it.

10. Liz says:

are we looking at the same picture? Cari’s got this hands down.

11. Girl says:

Demetria Lucas, of course. Her braids are gorgeous sans the few blond ones. It makes her look exotic, regal and Nubian. The other chick is pretty, but that flowing weave does nothing for her face and bone structure (typical for weaves).

12. Girl says:

And for the record, braids are not ghetto. They’re ethnic and beautiful. Now those long, flowing Rapunzel weaves are another story. And for the record, Cari’s hair is weave too. Why is it not considered “ghetto?” -_-

13. Poetry says:

I should have voted neither but voted Demetria before taking a good look.

Demetria’s shoes in my opinion are a better style and color for the dress but then she messed it up with that clutch! Why?

Cari would have won if she hadn’t of paired those shoes with it. And have some one with experience apply your lashes. They’re sitting up way above the lash line.

14. taylor says:

@girl, the blond is what makes it ghetto.

15. taylor says:

^all solid color black braids would have given her a cleaner look

16. Tash says:

I agree with Josofresh 150%%!

thanks for response claire- its still cute!

18. Sunny says:

Cari

19. Sim says:

Wow, is this a joke?? Cari obvi! I don’t know about hair or accessories, but Cari is winning for me simply by being in shape and fitting this dress correctly!