• One thing you won’t do is interrupt First Lady Michelle Obama when she’s giving a speech. Nope! A few days ago, at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser event, FLOTUS was heckled by a female gay rights activist who demanded President Obama “issue an executive order barring federal contractors from discriminating against employees based on sexual orientation or gender identity.” In what can only be deemed as a “Oh, you thought” moment, Head Madame In Charge Michelle Obama, quickly retorted, “One of the things I don’t do well is this. Listen to me, or you can take the mic, but I’m leaving. You all decide. You have one choice.” All this was said to the woman’s face after Mrs. Obama stepped down from the lectern. The crowd erupted into loud applause, all begging for the First Lady to stay. The heckler was then escorted out while yelling she’s simply a “lesbian looking for federal equality before I die.”
As to be expected, FLOTUS has since received considerable backlash for her approach, some labeling it as “classless”. Apparently the notion of her being an actual human being with feelings and emotional reflexes seems to have gone over the heads of said critical individuals. What do you think? Was First Lady Michelle Obama out of line? Discuss. (Vanity Fair/Necole Bitchie)
• In yet another case of a man telling a woman what she should and should not wear, Roberto Cavalli had a few choice words for Kate Middleton’s style of dress. In a statement to Vogue UK at a Harrods event, the vocal Italian designer said, “A princess should be sexy. She is young, she is beautiful–I would like to create something special for her, but nothing too bold. I would like to prove to the world that Roberto Cavalli can dress a princess. Maybe I would use a print, keeping it young, sophisticated and sexy. Just because you are a queen or princess it doesn’t mean you can’t be sexy.” Your thoughts? (Fashionista)
• Karlie Kloss was spied in New York City’s Times Square wearing a blunt blonde ‘do and gold shimmering dress while posing alongside Daft Punk’s Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter, clad in their iconic helmets. We’re unsure if the gig was for an upcoming music video or a magazine spread. Either way, she looks fab!
The real tea came when the duo’s Sony labelmates, the Knocks, uploaded a photo of the pair unmasked while in the midst of a friendly game of Champagne beer pong (You know, because regular beer pong is so passé). The photo was quickly deleted; but not before it permeated the web and demystified the masses. Welp! (Vogue UK/Vulture)
• Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake, Nas, and Timbaland were all photographed in the studio, presumably working on a piece of audio gold. Four musical greats, one track? I’m here… Yup, I sure am. (The Fashion Bomb Tumblr)
• Yoox.com is celebrating its 13th anniversary with a fun little interactive experience. Submit a picture to Yoox.com/IloveYoox to be included on their website, and enjoy an extra 13% off site wide with the code 13Birthday. (Fashion Bomb Inbox)
•Click on over to HelloBeautiful.com for a run down of 25 Black Women to Know, including the Fashion Bomb’s very own Claire Sulmers. (Hello Beautiful)