June 6th, 2013
Fashion, Fashion News, Jay-Z, Obama Family
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

michelle obama heckler
• One thing you won’t do is interrupt First Lady Michelle Obama when she’s giving a speech. Nope! A few days ago, at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser event, FLOTUS was heckled by a female gay rights activist who demanded President Obama “issue an executive order barring federal contractors from discriminating against employees based on sexual orientation or gender identity.” In what can only be deemed as a “Oh, you thought” moment, Head Madame In Charge Michelle Obama, quickly retorted, “One of the things I don’t do well is this. Listen to me, or you can take the mic, but I’m leaving. You all decide. You have one choice.”  All this was said to the woman’s face after Mrs. Obama stepped down from the lectern. The crowd erupted into loud applause, all begging for the First Lady to stay. The heckler was then escorted out while yelling she’s simply a “lesbian looking for federal equality before I die.”

As to be expected, FLOTUS has since received considerable backlash for her approach, some labeling it as “classless”. Apparently the notion of her being an actual human being with feelings and emotional reflexes seems to have gone over the heads of said critical individuals. What do you think? Was First Lady Michelle Obama out of line? Discuss. (Vanity Fair/Necole Bitchie)

Roberto-Cavalli-Says-Kate-Middleton-Should-Wear-Sexier-Clothing

• In yet another case of a man telling a woman what she should and should not wear, Roberto Cavalli had a few choice words for Kate Middleton’s style of dress. In a statement to Vogue UK at a Harrods event, the vocal Italian designer said, “A princess should be sexy. She is young, she is beautiful–I would like to create something special for her, but nothing too bold. I would like to prove to the world that Roberto Cavalli can dress a princess. Maybe I would use a print, keeping it young, sophisticated and sexy. Just because you are a queen or princess it doesn’t mean you can’t be sexy.” Your thoughts? (Fashionista)

karlie-kloss-daft-punk
 • Karlie Kloss was spied in New York City’s Times Square wearing a blunt blonde ‘do and gold shimmering dress while posing alongside Daft Punk’s Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter, clad in their iconic helmets.  We’re unsure if the gig was for an upcoming music video or a magazine spread. Either way, she looks fab!

Daft-Punk-Without-Helmuts

The real tea came when the duo’s Sony labelmates, the Knocks, uploaded a photo of the pair unmasked while in the midst of a friendly game of Champagne beer pong (You know, because regular beer pong is so passé). The photo was quickly deleted; but not before it permeated the web and demystified the masses. Welp! (Vogue UK/Vulture)

Nas-Justin-Timberlake-Jay-Z-Timbaland

Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake, Nas, and Timbaland were all photographed in the studio, presumably working on a piece of audio gold. Four musical greats, one track? I’m here… Yup, I sure am. (The Fashion Bomb Tumblr)

Screen Shot 2013-06-06 at 1.58.57 PM
 • Yoox.com is celebrating its 13th anniversary with a fun little interactive experience. Submit a picture to Yoox.com/IloveYoox to be included on their website, and enjoy an extra 13% off site wide with the code 13Birthday. (Fashion Bomb Inbox)
25womentoknowcollage
•Click on over to HelloBeautiful.com for a run down of 25 Black Women to Know, including the Fashion Bomb’s very own Claire Sulmers. (Hello Beautiful)
~Cliché

19 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: First Lady Michelle Obama Responds To Heckler, Roberto Cavalli Says Kate Middleton Should Wear Sexier Clothing, and Hello Beautiful’s 25 Women to Know”

1. wjp says:

sorry cavalli but princesses shouldn’t be sexy she dresses appropriately for each occasion and when it’s fancier she gets a little bolder. Just let her grow up just cause she’s a princess doesn’t mean she has to be a fashion trend setter/icon she’s not a fashionista and that’s why i like her and her style

2. JacquelynMichelle says:

The First Lady’s comments to the heckler were necessary. It was “classless” for the heckler to interrupt her speech for their own agenda. FLOTUS handled it way better than me…lol!

Congrats on making the list Claire! You deserve it!

3. Ais says:

It sounds to me like this Roberto Cavali is more interested in dressing a princess than dressing Kate Middleton. I realize she’s a princess, but he seems pre-occupied with her station, rather than who she is. I think she, like everyone else, should dress in such a way as to make herself happy and not have to worry about whether or not a designer wants to put her down to get his name in the headlines.

4. tasha says:

Michelle had the right to speak her mind on the heckler. Even if she didnt they wouldve said she was weak for allowing someone to heckler her.

Roberto can have several seats. Really sexy. She dresses fine. What is wrong with this world. Do we want women walking around in tight leopard print dresses with six inch heels all the time.

5. lola says:

Diana was sexy as hell though she was a trendsetter and that can be a hard act to follow becasue she is always expected to follow her mother-in-laws steps Kate is cool but Lady Di was something special!

6. Tee says:

How did Necole Bitchie make the list!

7. KBS says:

Can’t wait to hear that Nasty Nas, Tim, Jay track.

If you listen closely to Michelle Obama video you can hear her say, ” who gonna check me, boo?” Get em Chelli . Lol I love it.

8. Wow, this paragraph is pleasant, my sister is analyzing these kinds
    of things, therefore I am going to tell her.

9. weapons says:

Thanks for another excellent post. Where else could anybody get that
    kind of information in such a perfect method of writing?
    I’ve a presentation next week, and I’m at the search for such
    info.

10. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually realize what you’re speaking about!
    Bookmarked. Please also talk over with my web site =). We
    may have a link change contract between us

11. Hello very nice web site!! Man .. Beautiful ..
    Wonderful .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also?
    I’m glad to search out so many useful information here in the publish, we want
    work out more strategies on this regard, thanks for sharing.
    . . . . .

12. kettlebell says:

Hey exceptional blog! Does running a blog such as this take a large amount of work?
    I have no knowledge of programming but I had been hoping to start my own blog soon.
    Anyways, if you have any ideas or tips for new blog owners please
    share. I understand this is off topic but I simply wanted to ask.
    Thanks!

13. Rosetta says:

Before you learn to try this, become aware that a recently invented Conficker virus is spreading fast by usage of
    flash drives. Apologies, so how hard and sharp edged is the plastic used on the tops from
    the front doors of Lancer models without this option.
    If you’re transferring or just storing data using computers, flash
    drives are essentially the most convenient storage devices that you can use.

14. Thank you for another informative website. Where else may I get that kind of
    info written in such an ideal manner? I’ve
    a undertaking that I am simply now working on, and I have been at
    the look out for such information.

15. mc hacks says:

Today, I went to the beach front with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4
    year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She put the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to tell
    someone!

16. Fantastic items from you, man. I’ve take into account your stuff prior to and you are simply too wonderful.
    I actually like what you’ve got right here, certainly like what you
    are saying and the way during which you are saying it.
    You are making it enjoyable and you still care for to stay it smart.
    I cant wait to read far more from you. This is really a wonderful website.

17. The standard security provided by Acrobat PDF consists of two different methods and
    two different passwords, “user password” and “owner password”.
    Benefits of the framework include secure communication, business management tools, mobile app creation and multi-platform compatibility.

This would include your name and title or tag line, as appropriate, phone number, website,
    and email address.

18. We offer high quality Reaction Vessel in different capacities ranging from
    50 liters to 15,000 liters Fabricated from superior grade
    of stainless steel, these Reaction Vessels can be provided with
    different types of agitators such as anchor type, propeller type,
    paddle type, pitched blade turbine type of high-speed homogenizer.

The unique design of our reaction vessels
    allow the conditions to be controlled for fastest possible
    chemical reaction.